Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

Wow this sounds so great! Best of luck, look forward to slower paced strategic battles with Castles Had no idea you would agree with so many of my nit picky suggestions, I´m normally attacked for how my ideas are far fetched.

Absolutely excited for this mod in the future, particularly the campaign map and sieges!

Last questions/suggestions:
    How many people are working on the Castles so far or planning on?
    Any plans on animating banners in the future?
    Any plans on giving archers, longbows in particular set stakes per unit like in Med-2?
    Last edited by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf; August 26, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Nerf archers, especially horse archers.
    The engine makes them far more powerful than they actually were so the only option is to reduce their stats.

Hi I wanted to throw a suggestion out there that I personally think would be pretty great. I was discussing this with MWY on the SSHIP stainless steel submod, and where M2TW is an older game engine I was figuring maybe this could be possible for Medieval 1212 Attila mod. First off everyone know's how the monarchs of the medieval world worked, whether its European or middle eastern, when a king had a son he was named after himself or a king before him or maybe a completely new name. But if it was let's say " Roy Louis VI " of the capet dynasty of france and he just had his first son obviously that is going to be the future heir and king, well he is named " Louis Capet " But Where his fathers name is " Roy Louis VI " his son will be named " Louis VII Capet ". So my suggestion is somehow create a mechanic or a system to where the royal families carry on Epithet's, or an other words the roman numeral name system that all monarchy's have always had since there were so many Louis's and John's and so on. But of coarse let's say "Roy Louis VI " son was named a complete new name that none of the royal characters have been named yet such as " Robert Capet " well he would be named " Robert I Capet " instead or when he becomes the heir or king just simply " Robert I ". That's basically my suggestion, but what I had suggested to MWY was if somehow you guys could make it to where when the heir or any royal family member had a child you had the option to name them personally, whether you chose to have it were we named them 100% ourselves, or if it may be easier and even less complicated to have it as a couple of names are given to you as options for your newborn son, like I was saying a couple names that carry on the correct number epithet depending on the names already in your faction and a couple of completely new dynastic names to start in your faction and carry on, and also give the option to the player to Choose something like this " Allow Queen/Princess/Wife to choose newborn child's name " if the player doesent want to personally name the child or pick a name from the list, it'll just automatically pick for them via " Wife ". And my last suggestion which is far smaller, is to add a coat of arms ancillary to the family members houses in each faction, such as if your playing The Kingdom Of England and the ruling house was the Plantagenets, the Plantagenet family members would receive the Plantagenet house coat of arms, and say they is a general married into the family from the start of the campaign and he is of the house of Normandy or tutor their children and himself would have the house he is of coat of arms ancillary.

This is a pretty negligible suggestion, but this mod is set to proceed into the 15th century correct? If so, I do not think I have seen any full plate-armored units for the western European factions. Do you guys have plans to add any full plate armored models?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

There may have been early versions of full plate armor in the late 14, early 15th century but the prime time of plate armor came later , so you will see transitional armor, but no full plate . This is what´ s planned at least.

saneel's Avatar Senator

I saw your rosters, I think that there should be more levy, AoR and lower quality units, to be more realistic. For now I saw only professional, elite and noble units. Which are awesome, but I suggest to make also more other types to get some balance. Keep up the good work.

Well it should be noted that there are some low tier units that aren't in the previews due to being generic and belonging to multiple factions. Peasants, Armed Peasants and Peasant Archers. Plus since I did the Englnad preview I added a spear militia unit to give them some more low tier stuff. Regarding AoR stuff, what would you suggest as examples?

saneel's Avatar Senator

Some units that were famous for particular areas - swiss pikeman, horse archers form steppes, genovese crossbowmen, creatan archers,.. Also, my suggestion to get closer to realism is to rely more on mercenary units to get heavier punch and numbers, but they shouldnt have such a good morale, because they only want to money, not to get massacred - infamous White company from Italy, the Catalan Grand Company from Spain, etc. Is there any possibility to hire whole army with historical commander not just one unit?

Are you guys planning on making a custom animation for couched lances?

It occurred to me that Hordes might be a good way to represent a Royal Court in exile. The King of Scotland has been ousted from his throne and needs to hide in England while he gathers his finances to reclaim the throne.

Instead of pastures and chief's huts you set up ambassadors to foreign thrones and relationships with the people you left behind, You can gather money, discounts on mercenaries and begin laying out the groundwork for taking over your old lands by reducing resistance to conquering.

Is my head in the clouds or am I being realistic here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    It occurred to me that Hordes might be a good way to represent a Royal Court in exile. The King of Scotland has been ousted from his throne and needs to hide in England while he gathers his finances to reclaim the throne.

Instead of pastures and chief's huts you set up ambassadors to foreign thrones and relationships with the people you left behind, You can gather money, discounts on mercenaries and begin laying out the groundwork for taking over your old lands by reducing resistance to conquering.

Can you make a list of royal families who did the same thing as Scotland? If this is not rare in Medieval, it might be interesting to add this in and step up the diplomatic game. Player in exile can seek asylum from its ally and hope for reclaiming what was rightfully his. Player can also gift unwanted land to exiled ally for strategic goals. It should be fun.

Well I believe any barbarian kingdom in Attila has the migrate feature which has the side effect of having a faction that can exist with no settlements and can function completely on the move, many factions start out this way in Attila and others can go into this mode. So that actually shouldn't be that hard to implement, the only thing I'll need to change is the nature of the extend of the player's "settlement" in asylum so it's a bit smaller and that you can only use AOR units or something like that. Like if England takes Paris and you as the French are on the run, your best chance would be to go to Burgundy or one of your former vassals or allies(assuming they're still with you) and the units will basically be the ones from their roster technically but you've recruited for vengeance. We plan to have a lot of Mercenary and/or AOR units so it's not like your bound by your allies either. Long story short, I'll see what I can do.

So in other manners, Burgundy is about 3/4 finished, once I get the remaining French nations done, as stated I'm planning on trying to get more campaign mechanics and changes implemented. And to remove more and more vanilla parts, like building and technology trees, the problem is I have no idea on how to set up those things, so I'm asking for suggestions on how I should put this together. So let me know how you feel I should go about it.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Just a thought, if you are wanting to have an earldom in Scotland, I would recommend the Earldom/Mormaer of Moray in the north under the rule of the MacWilliams. Seems like it would make sense as Scotland was arguably as divided as any other western European country at the time. It would also make the struggle to keep the united while fighting external enemies more realistic.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post

The horde system is also a good way of representing lesser factions due to the limit on regions. Minor factions can then be added. They could be given the bare min of units to start off with but it would be interesting to have other factions on the map that may or may not seize territory.

Show us some Ottoman Stuff with Heavy Armour (Infantry) Please

Ciruelo's Avatar Tiro

Please, give Emerita Augusta (Badajoz/Merida) to Almohads! or at least to Leon. It was the last king of Leon who conquered Merida and Badajoz, just before the unification with Castille. The Iberian peninsula in 1212 should looks like this:

Giving Emerita Augusta to Almohads and Saragossa to Castille, you respect the shared borders between the iberian kingdoms at that time. The "Reconquista" is a very important period in the iberian history, it's important to be accurate at least in the shared borders.

The iberian peninsula just before the unification between Leon and Castile

Last edited by Ciruelo; October 15, 2015 at 01:01 PM.

Sorry, meant to reply to this sooner, I'm going to be working on the Spanish factions soon, starting with Aragon. I'll reflect those suggestions in the mod, thanks for the feedback.

As we all know after battles victorious army was sacking and riding enemy camps and invading to ride on their territory. Historians wrote a lot about this kind of actions and every time i read it the amount of gold and silver and slaves is fantastically huge.

so it will be nice to add money banks in Armies so after winning take the money and send it to the capital. is it a good idea?

It would great if you could introduce the Cathar religion. Is there anyway to add permanent forts and smaller settlements in the provinces? This would give so much more life and depth to the campaign map.

Basically anything you can do to make the mod more like CK2 the better; titles, duchies, laws etc. Yes, I know I'm asking you to create a sculpture with balloon-hand mod tools

Last but certainly not least, I would really love to see the campaign map army icons, the round banner for lack of a better word, changed to a flag or real banner shape. The default Attila round icon makes every faction look like they got their emblem/crest from generic bob's family crest website. Huge visual immersion killer.

Keep up the amazing work.
    Last edited by Wolves In The Throne Room; October 25, 2015 at 03:58 AM.

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Has there been any news/development/work on the trebuchet yet? I'm very eager to see it in the field! Do you hope to remodel ballistae and other engines as well?
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++