Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

Agents
    Is there any way to nerf them by modding ?
    Fewer agents would help
    Removing ability of agents to destroy entire settlements would also help.
    Had to abandon a Portuguese campaign as Almohad agents continually zapped my settlements, assassinated my generals and agents.
    Didn't have enough money to rebuild settlements or recruit units.
    Only effective counter appears to be to destroy the enemy faction.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Also priests should be adjusted. One can make +40 religious change, while a cathedral can 10 or so (iirc). They also give too much PO. However, I didn't have problems (playing Poland, Bohemia, Makuria, Cilicia) with the AI agents - they'd usually fall prey of my agents.

Habercosth's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Also priests should be adjusted. One can make +40 religious change, while a cathedral can 10 or so (iirc). They also give too much PO. However, I didn't have problems (playing Poland, Bohemia, Makuria, Cilicia) with the AI agents - they'd usually fall prey of my agents.
    So did you convert any building on chapel or church at the start of the playin as Lesser Poland, to make possibility to recruit priests?

Quote Originally Posted by Habercosth View Post
    So did you convert any building on chapel or church at the start of the playin as Lesser Poland, to make possibility to recruit priests?
    Something like this, I don't remember precisely. However, the agents are so powerful in the MKTW that the first buildings I build are always those providing the agents.

Habercosth's Avatar Laetus

Something like this, I don't remember precisely. However, the agents are so powerful in the MKTW that the first buildings I build are always those providing the agents.
    I asked becouse i have played few turns (hard) as Lesser Poland, and i had problems with religion. So there are my observations about Lesser Poland.
    Great skins, great banners, great cards, colours, heraldic things. Beautiful unnits etc. Bow to makers.

Starting position o LP: at first is weird becouse of orthodox religion level in province of Krakow. In Lesser Poland should be roman catholic, not orthodoc (i know, that reason is orthodox religion of main province from Kiev, but i have to say about it). So with these buildings we have at start, it is impossible to recruit a priests to convert religion on roman catholicism. It leads to situation, that we have to do a lot, to stop decreasing public order becous of religion disturbances. Time, units and money. I stopped decreasing at minus 70 i and i havent had any tools to rise it up more than 1 or 2 points on one or 3 turns. Moreover it pinned my units ang general (if i moved, i lost 4 points of public order).
    Secondly: terrible diplomatic situation. Why does hungarians always attacked me in second turn? when i rushed and conquered wroclaw, bohemians an duchy of austria attacked me, same as brandenbourg. Why? its worst that in vanilla of medieval 2: playing as england, we have 14 tur left, and see moorish or portugese army nera London. I see, that game should be hard, but not in this way. duchy of austria sieged krakow, i survived, and my second army went for poznan. i thought that situation is stable, but there hungarians in 3 armies 17, 16 and 10 unist attacekd me in krakow.
    I hope that reason of this is not finished balance etc, but i hope that you notice this suggestions. Its not complainment, rather suggestion about things to correct.

great great job, keep it!

First, love love this mod!!!! Better then sliced bread. Had some thoughts as I'm trying to learn scripting in Attila, maybe ransoming lords/knights after battles? I know you already get some options of what to do with the prisoners but seems rather dry. Would be awesome if Duke of York lost his battle against you and you had the option of ransoming/killing/imprisoning him. I know most often the AI will kill their army dang near to the last man, but maybe spawn dead Lord/General if "x" situation battle outcomes happens. Another "idea" would be lines of supply, an army can't march long through unfriendly territory nor can a city supply itself surrounded by foes without a secure line of supply. I have a lot of ideas, most of them you've already tried I'm sure but I'm gonna continue using MK1212 as a base to make myself my game. By saying that, I mean I will continue to work on what I want for personal use, I will never publish/share anything I create using your assets. Again, probably the best mod I've played throughout every Total War game ever, and I've played them all and many, many mods for each game since Medieval Total War 1 way back when.

delete

Great mod! One thing for a future update that I would suggest is increasing the population growth by a bit, I feel that in it's current state it takes too long for a city to build up it's population again after recruiting (1 per turn in a lot of cases).

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

Hi team, as I said in another thread:
    Regarding campaign:
    _ Change the riot, unrest (fixed that with Bran submod in the meantime)
    _ Change the diplomacy - all campaigns end up muslims against chritians, that s it, everytime the same, they all react like a single faction for both side
    _ add more diplomatic possibilies (give region, free a new faction after taking their intinial settlement, etc.)

Thank you

Danix265's Avatar Laetus

Hi everyone! First of all I want the modders to know that their work is astonishing (I've never such a deep overhaul project). By the way, I think that that some adjustments could be done.
    The first issue, according to my campaigns so far (HRE, Pisa, Genoa, Sicily, Austria) is that northern Italy is way to loyal to the HRE. By the time of Otto IV and Friedrick II comunal cities were under imperial control only on virtual point of view (as established by the peace of Costanza in 1183), with the exception of Pisa, whose loyalty to to the emperors was unbreakable. Also Genoa, Pisa and Venice

Danix265's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Danix265 View Post
    Hi everyone! First of all I want the modders to know that their work is astonishing (I've never such a deep overhaul project). By the way, I think that that some adjustments could be done.
    The first issue, according to my campaigns so far (HRE, Pisa, Genoa, Sicily, Austria) is that northern Italy is way to loyal to the HRE. By the time of Otto IV and Friedrick II comunal cities were under imperial control only on virtual point of view (as established by the peace of Costanza in 1183), with the exception of Pisa, whose loyalty to to the emperors was unbreakable. Also Genoa, Pisa and Venice
    Also Pisa, Genoa and Venice were often fighting each other for naval supremacy.
    So my suggestion is to weaken/remove the tie between northern Italy and HRE. This would create a new (historical) challenge for the empire taking back its Italian territories, but it would also make the development of the campaign more intriguing with more wars between Italian factions.

Eldorien88's Avatar Miles

Hello to all and congrats for this Epic Mod!!!
    I have a question, is there a download link?
    although i have subscribed in steam to all parts it seems that only two parts are downloading.

Problem solved! Seems that i have accidentally paused the download in the library section..
    Last edited by Eldorien88; March 19, 2020 at 06:57 AM.
    "For Our Part.. We Dreamed of Something Great.."

This is the BEST TW mod for me and considering that it's still Alpha version I cannot wait from excitement for the Beta release...!

Just a few things I've noticed while playing with Venice for approximately 100 turns:

1) There are some certain passive abilities (buffers) for "champions" agents BUT they cannot use them because they cannot be deployed as the spies and the priests.

2) ALL of the agents cannot accompany an army, thus any of their buffers/bonuses are being wasted because they cannot be implemented.

3) Somewhere on Steam's workshop of this mod page I've read that after 10 years (turns) you may choose to annex a vassal, in my campaign had a few vassals for more than 10 years but I have not seen any "annex" option after numerous diplomatic negotiations, why? where this option supposed to appear?

4) Around 30 to 40 turns from the beginning there is a message in game saying about a menace from the East, the Mongols...many turns later and still nothing at the horizon from the Mongolic hordes, is this because it is incomplete yet? Am I missing something?

5) The people unrest due to cultural and religious reasons I believe is a bit excessive, I'm not going to details but that's just me.

6) It would be nice if we could play on the same campaign with 2,3,4... factions simultaneously, I mean to control more than one.

7) I was expecting to see the Mongols as a copy from the Huns, not only visually but in general, the only thing I have seen about Mongols is a message so far. (scratching my head)

8) It would be nice to introduce "diplomats" agents as the good old "Rome" TW, they could bribe generals, armies...etc

Whatever I have not mentioned, which by the way are a lot of things, are simply excellent!
    There are too many to mention, you guys are doing an amazing work, keep it up!

Here is another suggestion:

There could be an expansion version titled as: "From Huns to Mongols - 1,000 years of bloodshed"

This would be a survival mode which begins the year 404 AD and reaches 1504 AD, such era includes both the fall of the Western and Eastern Roman empires, as well as the rise of Huns and Mongols.
    The selected faction could altered history but not in a way which dramatically changes historical events, for example let's that someone decides to choose Western Roman empire and endures beyond 476 AD, he/she would given the choice to continue as Eastern Roman empire or as Lombards or the Ostrogoths who conquered the entire Italian peninsula.
    Of course Rome has been sacked before but the Visigoths didn't occupy it but left, the holy Roman empire emerges much later, the Vatican plays a significant role in order to re-establish the former glory by manipulating the Franks, which they have succeeded to what eventually known as the Carolingian empire which was the pre-chamber of the "holy Roman empire".

So the player continues as long as he/she endures but always within an accurate historical context, as I said right from the start this would be a survival mode not something which would change the route of history.
    So each faction has to evolve in one way or another and when the player fails it is time to decide to continue as another faction during that time or start all over from scratch.

What do you think, I would like to know what exactly you like or don't about my idea, just speak your mind freely so we could improve it.

I have just few things for you:

1) I believe Mongols should be more stronger, in my every campaign they end up about in 100 turns.(25 years.)
    2) Crusade states are very powerless, they have no chance to survive there. They can be more stronge.
    3) Crusade system must be improved. For example, you join a crusade and your task is to create faction like "Kingdom of Crusades". To achieve this, you should conquer more than one region. In other words, There should be task given by Pope like conquer at least 3 region "Cairo, Alexandria, Jerusalem". In this way, you can finish the pope's task, you will create that faction and it will be your client state or something else etc.
    4) Jihad system also can be add for the campaign I believe. When the pope announce the crusades, caliphate can be annouce Jihad.
    5) Public order issue is very problem. Specially for Seljuks. Maybe religious buildings can give more public order and sanitation etc.
    6) AI is very passive even in legendary. I believe you should also work on it. To improve this, I believe every faction must have more objectives/victory conditions like vanilla. For example Seljuks at least take 35 region and constantinople, Jerusalem, Thessalonica are compulsory etc.
    7) I agree with what Gondolin said : "_ Change the diplomacy - all campaigns end up muslims against chritians, that s it, everytime the same, they all react like a single faction for both side"

Quote Originally Posted by JoAlves View Post
    7) I agree with what Gondolin said : "_ Change the diplomacy - all campaigns end up muslims against chritians, that s it, everytime the same, they all react like a single faction for both side"
    Indeed, this is utterly non-historical: there're always situational cooperation: Catholic-Muslim (even the most disastrous for the Christian battle of La Forbie) or Orthodox-Muslim (even at great disastrous battle for the Muslims at Köse Dag).
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Indeed, this is utterly non-historical: there're always situational cooperation: Catholic-Muslim (even the most disastrous for the Christian battle of La Forbie) or Orthodox-Muslim (even at great disastrous battle for the Muslims at Köse Dag).
    I agree, and some experimental fixes are going to be tested, but the Attila diplomacy ai is generally very binary. What makes a faction like you generally only goes up, and vice versa for what makes them hate you. The current situation is not what we want and I promise we'll keep working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by zsimmortal View Post
    I agree, and some experimental fixes are going to be tested, but the Attila diplomacy ai is generally very binary. What makes a faction like you generally only goes up, and vice versa for what makes them hate you. The current situation is not what we want and I promise we'll keep working on it.
    Ok, so I understand so there's no general reputation indicator plus separate indicators for each two pair of factions? There're just those separate ones? (I'm actually more acquainted with the Medieval 2 engine so I'm not aware of this)

Ok, so I understand so there's no general reputation indicator plus separate indicators for each two pair of factions? There're just those separate ones? (I'm actually more acquainted with the Medieval 2 engine so I'm not aware of this)
    There's a number of things that affect diplomatic relations. However, the thing is that once a faction likes or dislikes another faction, having hostile relations and taking actions against the faction they hate or like simply causes them to like you more or like you less. Having treaties with factions they like or hate works inversely. So the problem is if Europeans all like each toher (since they're all catholic), you being the target of one of them will cause all of those who like them to hate you more and like them more. So it has a huge feedback loop.

Unfortunately, there's only so many things to do about it, but I already did some changes to starting diplomatic values and hopefully changing the AI behaviours in general will create a more dynamic world, but it will be gradual to avoid widespread overaggression.

I keep my fingers crossed for your efforts.
    I've played a long campaign as Malopolska and it was so easier because on one hand I had my back safe because there're only Christian factions and on the other I could expand because there're Orthodox and Muslim and Tengri.
    I've played a campaign as Bohemia and Austria and each time I was crushed by the HRR&allies: they played in team. It was like fighting against Seleukids in the DeI: a behemot plus many vassals provided plentitude of armies attacking the player.