Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lambur98 View Post
    Hi Are you planning to revamp the Latin Empire Roster or to keep that roster with only minor changes on the stats.
    Thanks for that awesome mod !
    As of now the Latin Empire roster is incomplete in the first place, so revamp around the original roster with much more additional units would be likely. Stats-wise, every Roster are now under scrutiny and balancing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    As of now the Latin Empire roster is incomplete in the first place, so revamp around the original roster with much more additional units would be likely. Stats-wise, every Roster are now under scrutiny and balancing changes.
    Btw will we be seeing some of the other post-Fourth Crusade Greek crusader states such as the Duchy of Athens or Principality of Achaea in the future?

Hey, hey folks! Now it is clear that -since „TW Three Kingdoms“ was announced- you guys are our last hope for getting some classic, eagerly awaited medieval-style brawls and campaigns for our beloved TW-series! Despite the fact that old China is a really great setting for the next historical title and I am quite courious about it, „Thrones of Britannia“ alone, even if it is a nice attempt, is no fitting substitute for Medieval 3... This mod on the other side could it be.
    I bet that you are going to hit the right mark with your project - So keep up the great work! Medieval Kingdoms TW will surely strike like a bomb!

this mod looks awesome, can't wait to play.

would you guys ever consider looking into a population mechanic like the one in DEI?

Quote Originally Posted by sobchack View Post
    this mod looks awesome, can't wait to play.

would you guys ever consider looking into a population mechanic like the one in DEI?
    It is a planned part of the campaign, we just lack the ability to do scripts at the current moment.

Will this mod include an Area of Recruitment system for units?

Of course

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

I appeal all bulgarians here to give ideas for Bulgaria's traits for the campaign. Let everyone put forward his suggestions if he can with arguments and unite around two positive and one negative
    [IMG][/IMG]

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by finix View Post
    I appeal all bulgarians here to give ideas for Bulgaria's traits for the campaign. Let everyone put forward his suggestions if he can with arguments and unite around two positive and one negative
    It could be fun (or not) to do this through the prism of 20/21 century, but I think the proposals should be based on end of 12/ start of 13 centuries.

I can think of one good and one bad trait:

-good at ambushes (Adrianople 1205 AD)

-back stabbing- not sure exactly how would this be implemented within the game mechanics- but it was a big feature in the Bulgarian monarchy at the start of 13 century.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    -back stabbing- not sure exactly how would this be implemented within the game mechanics- but it was a big feature in the Bulgarian monarchy at the start of 13 century.
    Could be a global loyalty penalty.

CrossTd's Avatar Foederatus

Court intrigue is everywhere during that period so nothing new here. For a negative one I would think poor foreign relations was always the problem whenever I read something about the era. As a positive trait I would go with agriculture and something religious related (like knyaz Boris legacy or something)

Quote Originally Posted by CrossTd View Post
    Court intrigue is everywhere during that period so nothing new here. For a negative one I would think poor foreign relations was always the problem whenever I read something about the era. As a positive trait I would go with agriculture and something religious related (like knyaz Boris legacy or something)
    I'm happy to read such words from a Bulgarian user. This is pretty much the traits that I went with (bonuses to agriculture/trade, religion, auxiliaries and a diplomatic malus). It would be a bit too redundant for the factions to pretty much all have loyalty penalties, as it was exceptionally common in that region for nobles to be serious concerns for rulers.

CrossTd's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by zsimmortal View Post
    I'm happy to read such words from a Bulgarian user. This is pretty much the traits that I went with (bonuses to agriculture/trade, religion, auxiliaries and a diplomatic malus). It would be a bit too redundant for the factions to pretty much all have loyalty penalties, as it was exceptionally common in that region for nobles to be serious concerns for rulers.
    Just to add the diplomatic penalty shouldn't apply toward Wallachia, Cumans and Pechenegs. We were very fond of our northern and nomadic friends.

Habercosth's Avatar Laetus

The same thing with poland / polish duchies. Bad relations they had at first with brandenburg and bohemia, teutonic order and yotvignians with lituaniania it these times. In the end im not sure if we should treat polish crown as one state or like principalities when we re talking about relationships with neighbours. For example in "principality way" silesia could have nice relations with bohemia. There shouldnt be any diplomatic penalty in relations with HRE as one and the denmark. Quite good with hungary, but not nice with wolhynia and kiev. And last thing: galicia - volhynia can be misunderstood. some of people understand that galicia is in spain, and its trube, but rus galicia come from "galicia". "H" and "g" letters are similar in fonetical way, nowadays too: for ex in ukrainian we have hrywna (coin) but we hear it like grywna. mix of g and h. So maybe better be sth like halych, or halych et podolia. volhynia in this place... uhm, i know that is kind of aggrement when we are talking about borders, but i think that geographically volhynia would be better for yotovignians. For ex yotovignians and volhynia or sth. cheers!

One question, guys... Will every faction get an individual roster now, since more and more „minor“ factions got or seem to get unique rosters recently?
    I ask, because I think that making some copy-past-rosters could save much work, speed things up and would be completely understandable. It´s not necessary that every faction has an unique roster and doing otherwise could take ages. Personally, I would have no problem with the fact that 3 or 4 quite similar factions share the same roster or at least most units. Some candidats could be for example the HRE- Polish- Italian- or Arabian-factions... of course only if they not already have a roster. So what´s your plan with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenburrg View Post
    One question, guys... Will every faction get an individual roster now, since more and more „minor“ factions got or seem to get unique rosters recently?
    I ask, because I think that making some copy-past-rosters could save much work, speed things up and would be completely understandable. It´s not necessary that every faction has an unique roster and doing otherwise could take ages. Personally, I would have no problem with the fact that 3 or 4 quite similar factions share the same roster or at least most units. Some candidats could be for example the HRE- Polish- Italian- or Arabian-factions... of course only if they not already have a roster. So what´s your plan with this?
    We do have factions that have some copy-paste units, but if we have to load into an editor to change a unit, changing a few props here and there doesn't take very long to do. The charm of the mod is to make unique looking factions that resemble their sources if possible. What slows us down is mostly a lack of strict guidelines in how we want our units to look and play (our way of designing unit rosters changed drastically since 2014). A lot of us interpret something very differently, and everybody on the team jumps on each other for creating something different, incorrect, or lack luster until we get it right. Which to me is perfectly fine. I treat MKTW as a practice playing field for art, and game development. I don't intend to work on this forever.

Agree 100%. In fact I think it is important to remember that most Western European armies were fundamentally very similar being comprised primarily of knightly Lances, urban levies and mercenary companies. Of course there were exceptions to this rule with some areas specializing on a particular type of weapon and style of warfare and producing exceptional soldiers as a result, e.g. the Swiss with pikes and halberds, the Almogavars with javelins and light infantry skirmishing, the Welsh and later the English with longbows, the Genoese with crossbows etc. But ultimately these were more the exception rather than the rule and there is only so much uniqueness to go around before stretching believability.
    For example, when it comes to the HRE, I not only think that it is unnecessary for every German faction to have a completely unique roster, I also dont think that they should. Medieval German armies were all extremely similar and the re-revamped HRE roster represents their basic structure and make-up pretty much perfectly and there thus is relatively little that can be changed about the roster without sacrificing historical accuracy.
    However, the same is ultimately true about most Western European factions and I personally dont think that lacking a unique roster is a good reason for excluding factions of some significance from the mod, as ultimately most Western factions have rather similar rosters anyway.

@Slytacular
    Ok, thanks for the answer, sly. Strict guidlines would surely be helpful and keep some consistency, but otherwise I am sure that intern correction and discussion will deliver good results. If you think, that´s overall a doable amount of work, it´s fine. You will make that.

@Knight 2708
    Agree to you too, especially in the point that lacking an own roster is not a good reason to remove a faction completely. If historically correct, not too nitpicky/unimportant and doable gameplaywise the faction should be in, even without an own roster or beeing playable.
    But speaking of the HRE-roster I respectfully disagree. Basic concept is good, but the style could be more polished. Some units seem rather improvised and too light given the fact that german armor (e.g. gothic armor) often relied more on complete protection rather than felixibility. Some of the units could look more sexy imo. But ok, that just as sidenote.
    Last edited by Heisenburrg; February 07, 2018 at 05:15 PM.

But in HRE-roster I respectfully disagree. Basic concept is good, but the style could be more polished. Some units seem rather improvised, they could look more sexy imo. But ok, that just as sidenote.
    Sure more polish here and there can always be added, i was talking more in terms of the structure of the roster itself, as in which units actually make up the roster, which is pretty much spot on.

Will there be crusades? I haven't seen that talked about.