Septimania - Monaco
    Domain of Soissons - Swiss Confederacy
    Dacia - Tsardom of Vidin

Sorry for double post...

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mw51630 View Post
    Dacia - Tsardom of Vidin
    there was no independant Tsardom of Vidin at that time - 1212AD .The Tsardom of Vidin was independant in the late 14th century

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Africa - Hafsids
    Persia - Ilkhanate
    Spahan - Timurids
    Egypt - Mamluks
    Asia - Ottomans
    Britain - Barony of Essex
    Gaul - Duchy of Burgundy
    Hispania - Emirate of Granada
    Illyria - Duchy of Austria
    Italia - Republic of Pisa
    Macedonia - Kingdom of Morea
    Judea - Ma’ani Druze
    Pontus - Canik
    Septimania - Monaco
    Domain of Soissons - Swiss Confederacy
    Dacia - Tsardom of Vidin

Sorry for double post...
    Maybe Dacia could be Cumania instead? or a section of the Cuman Khanate?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    Maybe Dacia could be Cumania instead? or a section of the Cuman Khanate?
    I thought Cumania/Cuman Khanate was already a playable faction. I know that the tsardom of Vidin isn't very interesting though so it could also be the Principality of Transylvania, which was famous for the historical Vlad the Impaler that Dracula was based off of.

That would also be scary as hell to see an expansionistic Transylvania on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    there was no independant Tsardom of Vidin at that time - 1212AD .The Tsardom of Vidin was independant in the late 14th century
    Most of these factions didn't exist at 1212, these are only emergent factions that would try to appear later as rebellions, that if successful become normal-behaving factions. None of these could be playable.

I do know that the Tsardom of Vidin was pretty small and insignificant, so if anyone has a better suggestion for an emergent in the Dacia-region please say so.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

I thought Cumania/Cuman Khanate was already a playable faction. I know that the tsardom of Vidin isn't very interesting though so it could also be the Principality of Transylvania, which was famous for the historical Vlad the Impaler that Dracula was based off of.

That would also be scary as hell to see an expansionistic Transylvania on the map.
    The Principality of Transylvania is feasable for an emerging faction, being a voivodeship under hungarian rule, with the majority of the population being hungarians and székely, but there were also saxons and vlachs.
    However, Vlad the Impaler may not make it into this mod, I´m affraid, as he lived and impaled in the second half of the XV. century, so the very end of our timeframe.
    The bulgarians will have vlach units on their own. Though they could be AOR units for Hungary and the Cumans as well.
    Too bad the Transylvanian region consists of one settlement only.
    The Cumans will be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    The Principality of Transylvania is feasable for an emerging faction, being a voivodeship under hungarian rule, with the majority of the population being hungarians and székely, but there were also saxons and vlachs.
    However, Vlad the Impaler may not make it into this mod, I´m affraid, as he lived and impaled in the second half of the XV. century, so the very end of our timeframe.
    The bulgarians will have vlach units on their own. Though they could be AOR units for Hungary and the Cumans as well.
    Too bad the Transylvanian region consists of one settlement only.
    The Cumans will be playable.
    Yeah, Vlad was a late bloomer. I also made a mistake, Vlad was from Wallachia not the Principality.

I also had the thought that although emerging factions obviously can't be playable because they don't have starting regions, could they be added to custom battles? They could also have maybe one unique unit each, while being mostly similar to their base faction. (Ex: Transylvania essentially Hungarian, but with a unit like Transylvanian Knights/Lancers).

I'm also thinking of posting some suggestions for good civil war factions, like Barons Alliance in an English civil war.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Wallachia from the 7th all till the early 14th century was under the control,under vassal state or under cultural infuence from the 1st and the 2nd Bulgarian Tzarstvoms/Empires.The Bulgarian cultural infuence and social structure and nolbility in Wallachia started to wane from the 15th till 17th century for the most part and ended ultimately with the Romanians addopting from the Cyrlic to the Latin alphabet in the 19th Century if im not mistaken.There are still today very old churches in Modern day Bucharest that are decorated with Cyrlic alphabet.

So Wallachia AOR have to be mixed between the cummans and the bulgarians.Transilvania - Hungarian and Moldova - between Cumman and Russian or Bulgarian units.

I want to say few words about Mongols:
    1) change the flag on this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Empire.svg.png (it is more historic)
    2)mongols can capture the settlement, i mean, don't create mongols which will look like a huns (it's not historic)
    3)Family tree http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._genealogy.png ( I understand that it's not a full list but if you need i can create a full list of Borjigins)
    I just want to help. I have a lot of information about Mongols (Rashid-ad Din, Yuan-shi-kai, e.t.c.)

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

For the first time since I bought Shogun Total War, I recommended that a friend shouldn't buy Atilla. While there are obvious improvements from Rome II, it seems the laziest game CA have made to date.

if this Mod gets onto Atilla however, I will have to begin recommending Atilla!

Anyway, a couple suggestions:

The Kingdom of Scotland should probably be renamed the Kingdom of Scots. There wasn't such a thing as a King of Scotland, only a King of Scots. Small suggestion but more accurate.

I also think that some of the armour on the Scottish units suggest the date would be later than 1212. Might be worth adding a very lightly armoured pike unit (lowland dress). The same could be said of a spear and melee infantry as well.

i can't think of anything else just now. Really cracking mod so far though! The unit cards are spectacular as well! Great job, please keep it up.

if you need any help with research, my honours degree was in History and Celtic Civilisation, focussing particularly on early medieval Scotland. Always happy to help.

EDIT:

While I don't usually quote Wikapedia, saves me rummaging about for one line about the King of Scots.

"By the late 11th century at the very latest, Scottish kings were using the term rex Scottorum, or King of Scots, to refer to themselves in Latin. The title of King of Scots fell out of use in 1707,"
    Last edited by Malcolm; February 28, 2015 at 10:31 AM.

What's the soundtrack going to be? Now that Rome II is able to be modded with the original RTW soundtrack, will it be possible to import the Medieval 2 soundtrack into this mod? Music is pretty important for immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_Baratheon View Post
    What's the soundtrack going to be? Now that Rome II is able to be modded with the original RTW soundtrack, will it be possible to import the Medieval 2 soundtrack into this mod? Music is pretty important for immersion.
    Agreed

Laetus

What about adding tariff bonus to trade jetty/wharf/port?
    ex) Wealth: 750 from commerce (building_to_building_own)
    Wealth: 750 from maritime commerce (building_to_building_own)
    Public order: -4 (province_to_province_own)
    Squalor: +4 (region_to_region_own)
    Trade income: +10% trade agreement tariffs (factionwide)

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Suggestion about the French king : Philip II of France, which was king at 1212AD lost an eye in the Crusade. Wouldn't it be great if you could put the Longobardian faction leader's eyepatch on the french king ?

Will there be a campaign posted? I know idreaus posted one but he's not on the team

Cobi Wan Kenobi's Avatar Centenarius

Not sure if it was brought up before, but have you guys thought of using ancillaries as titles of nobility like many mods of M2TW? They would be much easier to assign in game than in M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobi Wan Kenobi View Post
    Not sure if it was brought up before, but have you guys thought of using ancillaries as titles of nobility like many mods of M2TW? They would be much easier to assign in game than in M2TW.
    Thing is with the new politics system in attila, you can assign people political positions, so they could just make these appointments permanent, and you would have the ability to assign, barons, counts and earls and such that give bonuses to their province or faction. Although ancillaries would work if you wanted an individual title for each region, not just the rank.

calgacus_1314's Avatar Foederatus

Just some ideas it might be a good idea to have base units for many factions that all kinda look the same just as it was in MTW2 but obviously still different. For instance your border horse unit, the uniforms they are wearing are pretty much spot on historically accurate to the scottish armour of the middle ages and even the pike militia are far too well equiped taking the armour down for lots of units will make much more sense there isnt enough leather or padded armour I think for it to be in the 1212 timeframe. You might also consider removing the strange helmets in the castelan and many other units maybe change them all to kettle helms or a mixture of kettle and nomar but those strange kinda point helmets somtimes ruin the immersion. The models all look great and fantastic and its clear you have put a lot of work but the hungarian spearmen and swordsmen are the best units to look to build a 'base' of 'clones' out of obviously tho not directly copying but it would be good to have lots of standard looking units.

calgacus_1314's Avatar Foederatus

Also as Attila is kinda dark ages how soon would you be able to release these units so they are playable within a campaign I am not asking for tech trees or even new characters but just the ability to play a campaign with them and for naval battles the irish coracles and the small norse ships as well as the firs ships are perfect for the medieval timeframe to use for minor naval engagements as well if you could get that to work!

Yeah calgacus I was thinking the same thing and if you checked my preview thread I'm starting to do just that, even down to taking the Hungarian Swordsmen unit as an example to go off of.