Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

First off, Warman, I don't have anything against adding Serbia. It will help add some interesting situations in the Balkans and give Hungary some trouble. I'll research Serbia and write up their intro and traits.

Second, I've got some suggestions for faction roster expansions, with a focus on the Latin and Nicaean Empires. I think that a good way to flesh out the roster of the Latin Empire would be to add Italian Communal and/or Templar/Hospitaller units. Both would work just fine. Also, in my playtests (of the first initial release) both the Greek Guard and Spathiatoi Guard seem to have had more trouble dealing with cavalry than they should because they don't have a bonus vs. cavalry (at least apparently), even though spears are their primary weapons. I think they should both have a bonus vs. large that other spearmen have. I'll also send you a PM for the unit description for the Cataphractoi. The flag for the Empire of Nicaea is also almost the same as the Latin Empire. The current flag of the Latin Empire is the correct one, but I also found a distinctive flag for Nicaea:

I also suggest that we come up with a uniform armor rating for the different types of armor that troops wear, including shields, and make that reflected in the troops' armor rating. My submission for this is:

Unarmored: 10
    Leather: 25
    Light Mail/lamellar: 45
    Heavy mail/lamellar: 75
    Brigandine/Cataphract Armor: 90
    Plate: 105
    Advanced plate: 120
    Shield: +15
    Last edited by Lord Giovanni; September 27, 2014 at 08:35 PM.

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Hey giovanni thanks for reply
    I offered my help for Serbia, so if you need any research I have lots to give you
    As for intro, I can write it up, so if you need me in the team i 'm for it
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

I appreciate the offer, phoenix, and will gladly accept any research you want to give me. As for intro, I've written all of the others, and can do Serbia's as well. Any research you can give will play an important role in it, however. Thank you again for offering!

Just a friendly suggestion: you guys could change up some of the mercenary units so that they conform to the factions in which they serve and the regions they are from. For example, the Empire of Nicaea and Latin empire could employ Balkan style mercenaries as opposed to Western/Northern European-looking mercenaries. I know that Anno Domini 1257 for Warband has some great textures for those specific units(Balkan mercenary companies), and probably others that apply to factions like the Cumans as well, given that you guys have permissions from that mod developer for his skins and textures, of course. Just some food for thought .

Suggeestion: On Christianity and Paganism

I know it's too early to suggest anything on the design of religion reguarding the stete of R2: Attila, but I hope the dev team will at least consider my idea when the moment comes. Most of my suggestions are similar to M2: TW with a little twist.

Religion can be divided into a few catagories: Christianity, Orthordox, Islam and Pangan (which can be divided further according to culture of the ruling faction). Each has its own corresponding buildings, quests and benefits. Different religions would have religious aversion that causes diplomatic penalties between their followers.
    Christians are required to remain on good terms with Pope by fulfilling his moody requests, like increasing Christian influence by certain percent, building churches in certain areas, maintaining peace with other Christian sovereigns and responding the calling of crusade. There should be an occupation call "Crusader" in player's office when crusade is active. General who is assigned to that position will gain great bonus on army movement speed and morale to help him achieve the goal.
    Churches can derive further into three chains with different focuses: Cathddral chain (+public order and tax rate), Monestary chain (+research rate and commercial income) and Hospital chain (+ siege holdout time, -siege attrition and siege escalation). Factions like France can build Tier 5 Cathedral, Cathédrale Notre-Dame, as their wonder.
    By fulfilling certain quests, maintaining a high influence on Christianity and having the corresponding technology, player can build knight chapters in their provinces. Knight chapter can provide more garrison troops, public order, Christian influence and most importantly, capability of recruiting crusaders.
    If a Christian sovereign is excommunicated by the Pope, its main religion will shift into paganism of its own culture like Celtic Paganism or Nordic Paganism, loosing all the benefits enlisted above and a good chunk of relationship score with other Christian sovereigns. Excommunicated states are fair game for crusaders, unless the Pope revoke the excommunication. Being a Pagan state increases generals' chance to gain traits like "Favour the Old Gods" (+1/2/3 Pagan influence in local province) and "Distain for Christianity" (-1/2/3 pulic order when Christianity presents in local province), as well as unlocks Pagan temples corresponding to pantheon of the said faction. The Pagan temples are built in the same way of R2, with each deity providing its affliated bonuses.

You guys, I think it would make a lot more sense to move this project to Attila.
    Not only does it use the same engine as Rome II, but also it is much closer to the time period you are doing, making stuff like cities and religions a lot easier for you.

LewisVee's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine_Caesar View Post
    You guys, I think it would make a lot more sense to move this project to Attila.
    Not only does it use the same engine as Rome II, but also it is much closer to the time period you are doing, making stuff like cities and religions a lot easier for you.
    What this guy said, I personally would gladly wait for the mod on Attila.

You guy both managed to miss the thread I made weeks ago where I go into great detail on the manner.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-the-Situation

Also Lord Giovanni I like what you posted above, those armor values sound pretty good, but I need to test them out from a balancing perspective, so I'l get back to you on that. And I'll take a look at those things you brought up as well.

calgacus_1314's Avatar Foederatus

Any chance you can make this for a campaign even if it is still all roman techs and buildings, but at least still units and factions will be medieval. Like the Scottish would still be in Eilidon and that have barbarian tech, settlements but would be able to recruit medieval units so it would still be fun to play and the same for all other factions. Dont know how hard this would be to do tho...

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Warman I cant praise you and your team enough for this mod it is of the highest quality. I had not planned to buy Attila but I will just for this mod. Can I ask in fact beg you to consider giving us an updated unit release on Rome 2 including some of Ltds Middle eastern units so we can enjoy custom battles before the final release for Attila Total war. Just a crumb or two to keep us playing ,Awesome job everyone.

Worry not, nigelnire! We're certainly going to be releasing additional factions and units for Rome II battles.

Warman,

Love the mod so far. I have a question and a couple of points.

First, I wanted to make a suggestion regarding the design of the troops for the military orders. The banner of the Knights Hospitaller should be a white cross on a red field. I'm not sure how the black became so synonymous with them (probably hollywood), but in their day the Hospitallers were much better known for wearing red than black. In 1212, the Rule of their Order had not been changed to allow for the red surcoat (that did not come until the mid-13th century), so they should wear black with a white cross. As to their shields, Dr. Helen Nicholson of Cardiff University makes a strong case that the Hospitallers would have worn the same arms on their shield as on their banner. Here are illuminations taken from two 13th century manuscripts which depict the banner of the Hospitallers as well as the Templars (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MI7O0el0wZ...ags-1240-2.jpg). Here is a very good reenactment group in the Netherlands who reenacts knights Hospitallers from 1200-1250 (http://hospitaalridders.nl/), to give you an idea of how they should look.

As to the Templars, theirs is a similar situation. As you can see in the previous illuminations, the Templar banner is white with a black bar at the top. Their shields should also reflect this, as Templars are depicted in several extant images with their shields painted in this way. In fact, one of the main reasons Dr. Nicholson believes the Hospitallers had red shields is because of these depictions of Templars matching their shields to their banners. Example: (http://www.jejik.com/sander/hospital...se-shields.jpg). They wore white surcoats emblazoned with a red cross.

Lastly, why are all of the "officer" units for western European units wearing kettle-hats? I can understand this for infantry "officers," but on horseback they look rather plain - especially compared to the knights. Perhaps the "officer" units for cavalry can get prettied-up a bit? Also for the Templars and Hospitallers it would be great to see an officer of some kind. Perhaps he could wear a cloak or something? Often times grandmasters would add flair to their personal banner by quartering their arms with the cross of the order, so maybe the officers for the Templars and Hospitallers could have more distinctive shields, sort of like what you did with the Teutonic Knights.

Cheers

nnnm's Avatar Senator

Great work guys and really this mod looks promising but it will be tricky to represent many faction through all the time period of the mod. factions like Georgia and Armenia and Nubian factions where very minor while factions like mongol and khawarizmians were major world powers so if u go by balancing troops from 1212 to med 15c then armor and weapon damage points would be rly rly too much though a heavy hit from a mace or poleaxe to the head even to fully plated soldier will kill him or at least knock him down unconscious and will be hard to balance so I suggest u to divide all units roster into three major eras to replace the older era troops recruitment and that will make balancing troops much more easier for u and even more realistic in evolving arms and armor and military tactics through time.
    *Also factions like Scotland, Armenia an Nubian factions have less quality arms and armor than the others around them and smaller regular troops or have lack in certain type of units historically at their starting are, however if faction like Nubia were able to push Ayyubids out of Egypt won't their army improve.For example Nubia roster will be
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

*Nubian cavalry guards (general - elite medium cavalry) [Arms = long lance - heavy javelin - swords - round medium shield] {Armor = metal helm with mail coif - long mail shirt}
    *Nubian cavalry (medium cavalry - limited to 1 per army)[Arms = spear - sword - javelin - large leather shield]{Armor = mail shirt - metal helm}
    *Nubian infantry (light infantry) [Arms = javelin - spear - sword - large leather shield] {Armor = turban - light leather armor}
    *Nubian tribesmen (light infantry archers) [Arms = spear - bow] {Armor = turban - cloths}
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if Nubia hold Egypt and Nubia regions for 6 turns or just hold 7 cities and their main region then their units will change to the next
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Nubian Knights guards ("Nubian cavalry guards" upgrade - heavy cavalry) [Arms =lance - heavy shield - sword] {Armor = noble metal helm with mail coif - long mail shirt with metal lamellar armor - leather gloves and arms guards - leather boots and arms mail }
    *Nubian knights (new heavy cavalry - limited to 1 per army) [Arms =lance - heavy shield - sword] {Armor = noble metal helm with mail coif - long mail shirt with metal lamellar armor - leather gloves and arms guards - leather boots and arms mail }
    *Nubian cavalry late ("Nubian cavalry" upgrade - regular medium cavalry - limited to 2 per army ) [Arms =lance - heavy jav - sword - good round shield ] {Armor = metal helm with mail coif - long mail shirt - leather gloves an boots}
    *Nubian light cavalry (new light cavalry) [Arms = spear- heavy jav - light shield ] {Armor =metal helm - good leather armor }
    *Nubian guards (new heavy infantry - limited to 5 per army) [Arms =Long spear - sword - large good shield ] {Armor =metal helm with mail coif - long shirt mail with good leather lamellar -leather gloves with arms guards - leather boots }
    *Nubian infantry late ("Nubian inf" upgrade - medium inf) [Arms = javelin - sword - good large shield] {Armor = metal helm with mail coif - long mail shirt - leather boots}
    *Nubian Militia (new light regular troops) [Arms =long spear - large shield ] {Armor = metal helm - leather lamellar over a uniform long shirt}
    *Nubian archer militia () [Arms = composite bow - spear - light shields ] {Armor = turban - leather lamellar over a uniform long shirt }
    *Nubian tribesmen (no change - light infantry archers - AOR units in Nubia region) [Arms = spear - bow] {Armor = turban - cloths}
    -------------------
    I made the later improver from minor Nubian to standard Nubian army into more infantry focused roster and this in the first era. How Nubian units evolve in the next era will be up to the mod party to decide what will be the faction that will or military tactics will influence Nubia army units compositions. this might be not historically accurate because we will never rly know how Nubian will improve their army but they as much as human as any nation around them
    ---

*so I suggest all factions will be divided into categorizes based how many cities it holds not imperial level.
    [ Minor faction --(varies from faction to faction)--> standard faction <=25=> major faction <=45=> Empire ]
    *once a minor faction becomes standard they will remain that way and won't lose their new unlocked units or upgraded units
    *slandered faction need to hold 25 city to unlock it's new units or upgrades
    *major faction will lose the new unlocked units if the cities under their control is less than 25 but won't lose the new upgraded units
    *major faction will need to hold 45 city to unlock their last new units and upgraded units
    * if Em pier faction no longer hold 45 city or more they will lose their last new units but not the new upgraded units
    --
    those are my suggestion to this mod thought not sure if those even possible to be scripted or implemented in the game but best of luck nevertheless

hi
    I am interest on the game and your page
    i see that you are made the mod of this game and i see the many unit of medieval and rome and mongol
    i want from you to made the islmaic unit like in the past and the their texture like clothing and their sword and put it to faction of salahddin and the horse in islamic history and many thing about the islamic history and create the indian unit also
    also make the map contain the arabian gulf and the asia and the africa and the europe with the unit of the world like this but with white clothes like the unit in broken crescent (the mod of medieval 2 total war)

hello u guys are doing a great job, and I have an idea that might improve it(though I am not sure how possible it is). to my understanding a feudal lord would call his banner men to raise a large army(like in game of thrones), so to simulate this I like a new stance should be added to an army called "Call Banner Men." When this is active it should take some of the garrison units in the towns from a province and add them to the army. These units should have a low upkeep compared to recruited units; since the lords u called are paying the actually troops, and you are just paying to feed them. To counter this low upkeep in terms of balance the longer your army is in "Call Banner Men" mode army integrity largely decreases. Simply this new stance would take some of the garrison units from the towns/city and add them to your army. In addition these "taken units" would vary from person to person(like the current units), but the unit you recruit should be significantly more uniform with more of the fraction colors.
    Also, I think all feudal nation should very high corruption to represent the power of the nobility. this corruption should be as high as 50 to 60 percent(depending on the country). This would be brought down by becoming more centralized(research and traits); Though the more centralized u get the more the nobility feels threaten and increases the chance of a civil war. this would be meant to display the struggle that occurs as a feudal state becomes an absolute state.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Here is my Feadback.

1.I would love to see both the 2nd Bulgarian Empire and Volga Bulgaria as Playable factions.

2.On the map The name Kingdom of Bulgary is Wrong. Call it Tzarstvom Bulgaria and the Leader of the state was a Tzar(it comes from Ceaser).
    3.In 1212 The Bulgarians where controling Belgrade.In 1213 the Bulgarians Gave to Hungary Belgrade and Branichevo Regions as part of a Deal for help vs a local mutiny from the Cummanic Nobles started in 1213.
    So gave it back to the Tzarstvom of Bulgaria both Regions - Belgrade and the Blue region back to the Bulgarian state. I see that you wanted to show the Cumman rebels at Branichevo region ,but the Rebelion was 1 year later when The Campaign starts.Thats the Reason
    4.Make the Bulgarians in the Yellow Colour and the Latin Empire in Blue - its far more Fitting Colours for both Factions.There is no Blue Coloured faction on the Balkans btw...
    5. Also set the Diplomacy Relations with Hungary,the Serbs and the Latin Empire to be Hated, and with the Cummans -Good and make them Puppet state(Client state as shown on themap above in the Red-Blue lines).Also set the relation with the pope also to be Good.
    6. This is the flag of the 2nd Bulgarian Empire ,used in Crusader Kings 2

6.Add the Volga Bulgaria to the map.The Bulgarian state on the Volga river was Muslim and addopted Islam . They were the first nation to defeat the mongols in 1223 and holded of the mongols for 20 years but by 1240 they were incorporated by the mongols in their Empire by force.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Samara_Bend
    7.Set the Diplomacy relations of Volga Bulgaria to be hated with the Mongols and Kiev Russ as it was historical at that time.
    8.Here- map of the lands of Volga Bulgaria at the start of the 13th Century before the invasion of the Mongols.best colour for them - Red

9.Now to the Other factions. I lovee the idea of adding the Duchy of Thessalonica. Also make them Clien state to thelatin Empire and make them to be at war with Epirus, but playalbe - no.Alo make them in diplomacy hated by the greeks and the Bulgarians. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Thessalonica

10. I would love to see the serbians to have 2 regions for Gameplay reasons without hurting the other Factions, but we cant add new Regions or towns in Attila.It would have pleased the Serbian players a lot ...... Maybe give them 1 region by taking 1 from Croatia? Im not well informed about it historically btw for this.

For other points to say ..... cant think of them for now. Love to take this into account btw.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; February 20, 2015 at 03:25 AM.

I wanted to ask about emergent factions (someone might have mentioned this sorry if so).

Atillla has more emergent factions than I have ever seen in a total war game, including Africa, Illyria, Judea, Roman Separatists and even more. It would be pretty weird if they started popping out in a Medieval mod.

It would be awesome to be able to change these factions into nations that emerge later, like Transylvania or Belgium or Morocco.

Love this mod and I'm really looking forward to this on Attila (on a side note desolation might have to be removed too, great for Attila not so cool for medieval)!

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by mw51630 View Post
    I wanted to ask about emergent factions (someone might have mentioned this sorry if so).

Atillla has more emergent factions than I have ever seen in a total war game, including Africa, Illyria, Judea, Roman Separatists and even more. It would be pretty weird if they started popping out in a Medieval mod.

It would be awesome to be able to change these factions into nations that emerge later, like Transylvania or Belgium or Morocco.

Love this mod and I'm really looking forward to this on Attila (on a side note desolation might have to be removed too, great for Attila not so cool for medieval)!
    Indeed ! That should be simple for european country, like " County of X ", " Duchy of Y "...

Quote Originally Posted by BalrogOfMorgoth View Post
    Indeed ! That should be simple for european country, like " County of X ", " Duchy of Y "...
    Yeah, I took some time to think about it and found the good emergers and replaced them with some possibilities (these are just suggestions I don't feel strongly about these).