Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

First off, I am not a developer, and I did not create the map. I mentioned that in almost every post. Secondly, you can not edit the campaign map. You can change which faction controls what, and the names of provinces and cities and such, but you can not redraw province boundaries or move/create cities. Therefore, the devs are trying to do anything in their power to keep things as historically accurate as the mod tools will allow. That being said, I only posted the map to reference the territories the possible playable factions could own. The map, as mentioned above, will be updated.

I only posted the map for us to discuss possible playable factions, as I did a page or two ago, but I think people are too hung up over the map that they won't further the playable faction discussion.

Devs: correct me if I am wrong, but you still don't have a collection of total playable factions right? Also, is there a maximum allowed for playable factions? And will the family tree work for each of the factions you make playable? And going back to my quick list I made for suggestions, what do you think? Is that relatively what you were thinking?

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronTyrant View Post
    First off, I am not a developer, and I did not create the map. I mentioned that in almost every post. Secondly, you can not edit the campaign map. You can change which faction controls what, and the names of provinces and cities and such, but you can not redraw province boundaries or move/create cities. Therefore, the devs are trying to do anything in their power to keep things as historically accurate as the mod tools will allow. That being said, I only posted the map to reference the territories the possible playable factions could own. The map, as mentioned above, will be updated.

I only posted the map for us to discuss possible playable factions, as I did a page or two ago, but I think people are too hung up over the map that they won't further the playable faction discussion.
    When I said ''you'',I meant in plural. Becasue I don't know who made map. Sorry Is Medieval 2 Total War the only TW game where you can create provinces as you want ? It is not just the map,but faction icon of Serbia is not accurate. I posted how serbian flag should look. I can only discuss about Serbia and a bit of other Balkan states.
    Last edited by SerbianWOLF; December 23, 2015 at 02:53 PM.

Well right now I think my team has their full attention on the unit rosters for all the factions that we want to include in the game. Warman should correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is a limit to how many factions we can make, but its rather how many factions we want to squeeze on to the map. I don't think my team and I really have a good view of what the map should look like in the final result, but fixing the map to something as historically correct as possible is a priority somewhere down the big priority list. Drawing a map of the faction layout from the Attila Campaign map would really help out, and my team and I do read everyone's posts.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Without opening a new thread I wish you all, my fellow brothers in modding and the community a merry Christmas, lots of presents and some stressfree days with your family and friends.

To the mod team: put the mouse,the keyboard, gimp,Photoshop, all 3D tools aside and enjoy this time of the year.

As it is not clear to me, what the rollback can restore and I am really curious about the developers opinion I try to rewrite my thoughts and questions about the units and the gameplay.

Before the forum crash there was a video clip in the thread about Serbia with gunpowder units. Hand held guns were derived in the mod from crossbows and soldiers seemingly shot over the head of the ones standing in front of them. Are you planning to disable troops in deep formations standing the 4th-5th row to fire? Do the projectiles travel in a straight line or on an arched trajectory?

If i remember right there were canons as well and one of them was pushed by a single foot soldier. Though the animation does not change the gameplay, could the cannons be pushed or pulled by at least 4 soldiers or by horses/oxen? I think that would look way cooler.

My comment on papacy's function disappeared as well. Are you planning to add low upkeep religious units, special guilds or orders? Could the pope support one side in successor wars providing special mercenary or garrisons units to the fraction with higher papal favour? Or add extra garrison defending against fractions with a different religion based on how high tiered religious buildings are built in the region? Is it feasible to give the players special missions or start a jihad / holy war?

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronTyrant View Post
    I was going off from this map by the way:

Shouldn't there be some Anatolian Beyliks instead of Nicaea and Trebizond being that big? I might be mistaken...

Tighes_Hood's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by OutsiderKK View Post
    Shouldn't there be some Anatolian Beyliks instead of Nicaea and Trebizond being that big? I might be mistaken...
    The Beyliks come to western anatolia during the 1300s. They may be emergent who knows.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Trebizond is oversized, but Nicaea is not.

Nicaea took a lot of Anatolia just before the mods startdate after it crushed the Seljuk forces at the battle of Meander;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...on_the_Meander

The Anatolian Beyliks did not form in Western Anatolia until the late 13th/early 14th century.

By the time of this mods startdate, only the beyliks of Artuqids, Dilmaçoğlu and the Mengujekids were formed, all three in eastern Anatolia.
    Last edited by +Marius+; January 16, 2016 at 05:04 PM.

Yeah Trebizond looks too big . But I guess we won't be seeing any Beyliks though . Well there are lots of Turkic states in Iran so I guess that won't be necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    Trebizond is oversized, but Nicaea is not.
    Do you think Trebizond should not have the whole of Crimea?

Quote Originally Posted by Tighes_Hood View Post
    Do you think Trebizond should not have the whole of Crimea?
    If you ask me yes, and it shouldn't have the whole Northern Anatolia . It should be a little tiny. I mean this photo doesn't represent the right date but it should be like this:

Quote Originally Posted by OutsiderKK View Post
    If you ask me yes, and it shouldn't have the whole Northern Anatolia . It should be a little tiny. I mean this photo doesn't represent the right date but it should be like this:
    Yeah Trebizond should look like that but you have to remember the limited modding capabilities of the warscape engine. The modders cant change the terrain, provinces and cities around because CA refuses to release the tools necessary to do so.

Warman222 first of all thank you for all your effort and your great work!!!!
    This is really amazing!
    I have written a post on Medieval Kingdoms Total War Screenshots and Videos Thresad but I think that is not the correct place.
    Therefore I am going to resume all the information that could help you in order to design the features of the Kingdom of Navarre:

1. Kingodm's Emblems and Symbols
    2. Army/soldiers (Look) :
    3. Differences between Navarre and its neighboring kingdoms (Spanish and Frankish).
    4. Names

If you need more information about the Kingdom of Navarre I could help you, I have a "two-year" course of History of Navarre.
    I show some of the most important symbols of the Kingdom of Navarre in the XIII Century the mod should introduce:
    1. KINGDOM'S EMBLEMS AND SYMBOLS:

Half-moon with the star (sometimes with a central Carbuncle). This star is still present in some cities of Navarre/Basque Country:

The main emblem of Navarre.
    Both for the battle and for the Kingdom:

(XII - XIII Centuries):

(XIII Centuries - ...):

Other emblem of the Kingdom:

The Black Eagle,
    Symbol of the King Sancho VII of Navarre (1194-1234) (called " Arrano Beltza" in Basque):

Cultural Symbols of the Vascons in Navarre:

Lauburu (four-heads in basque).
    It represents life. Reversed it means Death.
    Nowadays we can still see this symbols in cemeteries or houses.

T
    he main emblems of the Kingdom and the Black Eagle should appear in both battle-flags and shields.
    The Lauburu and the half-moon with star should appear only on shields.

2. ARMY/SOLDIERS/SHIPS (LOOK):

Ship Navarre S.XII

Navarre ships extended the new rudder/oar-system. It was the rudder which replaced the viking-norman stearing oar, placing the rudder in the aft of the ship.
    This is always mentioned in the ancient texts as "bayonnese" and "Navarresque".
    3. DIFFERENCES BETWEEN NAVARRE AND ITS NEIGHBOURING KINGDOMS:

SOME RELEVANT POINTS FOR THE HISTORICAL ACCURACY:The people of Navarre were not spanish (iberian or celtiberian's descendants), neither germanic. They were not latins neither celts.They were "Vascons", differentiated ethno-culturally from the "spanish" and frankish people. They spoke a pre- Indoeuropean language (today known as "basque", evolution of Vascon) which was called by themselves, the Vascons, in XII Century as "lingua Navarrorum" (King Sancho VI of Navarre ).

Therefore designations about soldiers, buildings and even names must be defined according to "navarre" and "Vascons"or "Wascons" and certainly not as spanish, iberian or aragonnes. This has been a constant mistake in Total War and in particular in a Attila Age of Charlemagne, where soldiers of Navarre and also Gasconia are considered like "spanish". In fact, this denomination would be as incorrect as telling lapps (Lapland) were germans or picts were romans. This must be the most important point to consider when developing this Kingdom.
    4. NAMES:

In order to improve the historical accuracy I find interesting to list some Warrior/King names in Navarre.
    It is important to note that these names are different from hispanic and frankish names (as I mentioned before at point 3). Most of them are vasconic.
    These must be the names for the game characters (kings, warriors, etc.). Another important point to take into consideration if we
    want to approach to the "historical true".

KINGS:
    ENEKO
    SANCHO
    GARÇEA
    LABRIT
    MENDITARRA
    IŃIGO
    OTSOA
    LUPO
    FORTUN
    THEOBALD
    XEMEN

WARRIORS & OTHER IMPORTANT MEDIEVAL NAMES IN NAVARRE:
    DOMIKU
    GERAXAN
    OBEKO
    OIER
    ZURI
    JAUNTI
    IANIZ
    BIHOX
    AZNAR
    UNAI
    ANTSO
    SUGAAR
    BERNAT

FEMALE NAMES:
    CATHALINA
    URRIKA
    MUNIA
    LEYRE
    MARGARITA
    KATTALIN
    OTSANDA
    AINES
    ESTIBALIZ
    MAIDER
    MADDALEN
    JURDANA

I hope that this will help you Warman222!!
    Congratulations again for your hard work!!!

something about kingdom of Hungary: St.Stephen destroyed almost all magyar tribes(their leader was Koppány) with help by slovak nobles from Nitra and with german knights from Bavaria, official language from year 1000-1844 was latin in all kingdom. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Nitra , https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Atlas_of_Slovakia , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magyarization , in year 1800 Total population of the Kingdom of Hungary(without Croatia) = Magyars had 35% population. Magyarization, started in year 1800. And Between 1850 and 1910 Magyar speaking population increased by 106.7%, while the increase of other ethnic groups was far slower: Serbians and Croatians 38.2%, Romanians 31.4% and Slovaks 10.7% . So 110 years about lies, fictions and propaganda. And this mentality continues in magyar heads to nowdays... no comment. I hate liers and false people, and their state ,,Hungary,, today is very big lie. Correctly today not ,,Hungary,, but Magyaria in english language same like Serbia, Slovakia, Croatia, Romania, because all these states lived in one kingdom and official language was latin. Magyar falsed a lot of things during magyarization in 19-20.century especially history.

In Turkish we call Hungary "Macaristan" which literally means Magyaristan or Magyaria.

Is Sweden going be a playable faction or just AI?

Okay just deleted a bunch of posts. This "debate" is over. Please don't bring it up again, especially if you can't even be civil about it.

warman222: ok sorry I was little agressive, I appoligeze, but I just showed truth.

Concerning the presented faction icons on moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/medieval-k...icons/#5736609

First: They are all looking absolutley amazing!

Now to my question:
    In the last full row (the row before the row with three icons)the second icon from left (between the icon with the red cross and the four moorish heads and the icon with the winged lion[a gryphon?]) is this the Styrian-Panther? If yes: Does this mean that Styria will be a seperate faction?

If it is the Styria than I would like to point soemthing about the apperance out: Before modern times there was a distinction between the Styrian-Panther and the Panther of Graz: The Styrian would have somwhere the Herzogshut (dukeshat) and has flames coming out of all his body-openings e.g. http://repertorium.at/Bilder/wappen_steiermark_1523.jpg , https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...tal_Wappen.jpg While the Grazer would just have flames out of his mouth e.g. https://sce1907.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=640&h=480

As said that was the distincion as long as there was a duke of Styria. If you would mind to add the flames it would make a good icon eve nbetter (always granted that it is Styria)!
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Don Juan_de_Austria View Post
    Does this mean that Styria will be a seperate faction?
    Styria is going to be an emergent faction (not playable, but it could spawn through a rebellion or someone could liberate it). In regards to icon, this detail is so minor I am not going to change the icon, I shouldn't spend extra time doing stuff I already did, especially when new work and research awaits.