Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms - Official Mod Preview

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms - Official Mod Preview

I’m not positive, but to me it seems like there is a cumulative effect toward instability related to the total number of EDB effects. So not just effects per building, but total amount of effects in the file. I will test with regional barracks, like you suggest Sir Matthias, and see how it responds to both stability and turn length.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Matthias View Post
    Just curious, unless you guys have used all the buildings up you could possibly have a seperate retraining barracks for each region i.e. "Hebei Retraining Grounds", right? At least that would solve your individual building effects issues.
    The v3.2.011 Hotfix is now live and available for download. New buildings, "Border Colonies", have been implemented, which allow for retraining of regional troops outside of their region and can be built in city-type settlements at or near regional borders.

Last edited by Seether; April 12, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Well thanks for taking my idea to heart seether.

Foederatus

I have question about Xiliang. Did Ma Teng have any notable officials and administators? Because he has only generals now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Matthias View Post
    Well thanks for taking my idea to heart seether.
    You're welcome. It was a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DemetriosCZE View Post
    I have question about Xiliang. Did Ma Teng have any notable officials and administators? Because he has only generals now.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "now"? But to answer your question, information for those that served under Ma Teng is generally limited. Sources only really discuss their military exploits, so nothing really gives an indication of excellent administrators in his service. Although Zhang Heng and Liang Xing were both given an artificial bump in their Acumen trait to help out with that faction's lack of administrators, and both are listed as 'Important Officials' on the faction selection screen.

Foederatus

Thanks for answering. By now i meant in current version.

The new v3.2.028 Hotfix is now live and available for download!

The 3.2.039 Hotfix has just been uploaded and is ready for mass consumption. Download here!

Last Hotfix for a while, as I'll be out of town for a little while starting in about 2 weeks. So the v3.2.047 Hotfix is now officially live and ready for download! Some interesting stuff in this Hotfix, like some new music tracks, as well as a reskin of the Feathered Forest units (Cavaliers and Sentinels) that you can see below:

Last edited by Gigantus; April 20, 2019 at 10:56 PM. Reason: fixed link - Gig

Because of mid-game stability issues, another Hotfix has been released to make further modifications to recruiting and retraining capabilities of buildings in the EDB file. In addition to that, there was a general "clean up" of the Yanzhou (Lu Bu) faction, including updated ranks, biographies and traits, as well as other more minor changes, fixes and updates.

Patch 3.3.000 has been released and is available for download!

Changelog:
    Version 3.3.000 - 27 April 2019
    - Includes Patches 3.1.000 & 3.2.000
    - Includes all 3.2 Hotfixes
    - Regions and Settlements in the Central Plains overhauled
    - Wucheng added to Jiangdong region - given to Yangzhou faction
    - Leling removed from Hebei region
    - Numerous settlements and regions renamed
    - Chen faction is no longer based in Runan - now based in Chenguo
    - Yanzhou (Lu Bu) can acquire the Three Brothers after capturing Xiapi and eliminating the Liu Clan
    - Fixed attachment texture assignments on Zhongyuan Light Crossbows & Zhongyuan Heavy Crossbows and Pikemen
    - Unique units can now be retrained in any Clan Institution building regardless of region
    - Clan Institution buildings text now mentions unique unit retraining
    - Overall, factions were given greater access to buildings, as some previous restrictions were removed
    - Public Gardens now grant public health bonus
    - Bronze Sparrow Terrace (tier 3 Public Garden) buildable by Cao Clan in Yecheng
    - Nanman Tribal Muster buildings now have text explaining they are for the Nanman faction's unit recruitment
    - Number of cities required to self declare King and Emperor raised slightly
    - Removed script where Sun Clan auto-eliminates Yangzhou
    - Various biography and rank/title updates
    - Cleaned up a couple loose ends in the campaign_script
    - Various minor edits to the campaign map

I will not lie, I am going to enjoy TW 3K a lot despite ya know... I don't think I have to explain. But I just started up a Gongsun Zan campaign on rotk and fell in love with this mod again. I just wanted to say thank you once more Seether and crew. I know a day will come when it is no longer updated (nah ima just ignore that reality) but it really is so fun to enjoy.

Plus I LOVE the new Central Plains. I didn't realize it before, but having less is more. The AI doesn't scramble to protect 8 cities and the flow is just gorgeous. Plus AI Cao Cao is REALLY threatening as it should be. I have had one weird campaign where Lu Bu managed to kill Cao Cao and everything, but otherwise it's become so much fun knowing the snowball that is Cao Cao is coming my way no matter where I start is just... ugh. I love this mod.

Not sure if it was already done, but I've created a subreddit promotional thread about this mod to bring more people to play this awesome mod.

Should have a new Hotfix out in the next few days, so keep your eyes peeled!

This mod looks great but I have a question . Can I install this alongside other mods like Third Age and SS ? I have 3 mods installed already so I'm wondering if this installs in the mod folder or replaces the vanilla files .

Thank you.
    Last edited by Noble Savage; May 14, 2019 at 03:43 PM.
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

It is mod-foldered, so will be safe to install alongside other mods. On a side note, a new patch will coming out either tomorrow or the day after.

v3.4 Patch Preview

Here is a brief preview of the v3.4 Patch. The first thing that will be noticed upon starting the mod, is that the Faction Selection screen (credit to cedric37 for this beautiful screen) has been expanded to the south to include northern Vietnam. So now we have the actual base of power of Shi Xie, Jiaozhi Commandery, included in the mod. Jiaozhi Commandery was based in the city of Longbian, in the Red River delta region of modern-day northern Vietnam.

While there were quite a bit of minor fixes and changes (and fixing all of the coordinates in the campaign script due to the map change), a new unique unit was added to the Jiaozhou roster. The Cấm Quân (Imperial or Royal Guard) were added, with detailed Nanyue-era armor, to give a bit of flavor to the Jiaozhou faction as well as offer them a unique unit that they have been missing since their inception.

Click here to download Patch 3.4.000.
    Last edited by Seether; May 15, 2019 at 08:49 PM.

Wow 3.4, thank you alot.

Patch 3.4 now has an installer, created by Gigantus, instead of a .zip file. I would recommend re-downloading the Patch with the installer, re-installing, then starting a new campaign... just to be safe.

Wow 3.4 already! Great news! Thanks a lot for all the hard work, i absolutely love this mod