Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms - Official Mod Preview

Foederatus

Default Re: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms - Official Mod Preview

Really nice additions im looking forward to the next patch. Also was specialty of units in each region chosen historicaly?

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

What's planned for the Han faction?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by DemetriosCZE View Post
    Really nice additions im looking forward to the next patch. Also was specialty of units in each region chosen historicaly?
    As historically as can be deciphered. For example, the northern regions of Yong-Liang and Hebei had the greatest contact and conflict with the steppe people (Xianbei, Wuhuan, Xiongnu, etc.) and so developed the best cavalry forces in China. It wasn't until Cao Cao defeated Yuan Shao and submitted to Wuhuan was he able to gain from them superior cavalry forces. The Ma family, and other warlords of Liang province, were renowned horsemen and controlled excellent heavy cavalry forces. With that in mind, that is why both Yong-Liang and Hebei receive bonuses to their respective cavalry units. Jingzhou, on the other hand, was famed for their archers while the mountainous Ba-Shu region was known for their spearmen/halberdiers that were used to great effect in defending the various narrow mountain passes into the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    What's planned for the Han faction?
    In the upcoming v3.2, it is just fleshing out starting ranks, polishing a few of the characters, addition of the Flying Bear Army, and adding Dong Cheng. As far as in any future versions, I'm not really sure. While there is a lot we can do with the Med2 engine, there are quite a lot of frustrating restrictions.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Foederatus

I have question about declaring emperorship as for example liu biao or liu zhang or anyone else who is of royal house of han. Will i become emperor of Han or will dynasty be named after region they are in.

Liu Zhang (Ba-Shu) will become Shu, Liu Biao (Jingzhou) will become Chu and Liu Yao (Yangzhou) will become Yue, although I could reasonably change them all to Han instead. Liu Chong (Chen) and Liu Bei (Liu Clan) will become Han.
    Last edited by Seether; March 29, 2019 at 06:06 PM.

Could you make a script that you can declaring emperor whenever you want?

I'm sure I could, but I would need to figure out how to modify an existing button or function (or if doing so is even feasible) to trigger the script event. If such can't be done in that manner, then it would involve a very long, convoluted script to run both a check for each faction each turn as well as a decision/check for every faction every turn.

The files for v3.2 have been sent to Gigantus to be made into an installer. Should only be a matter of a few days before it is released

nice! This looks nice. One question . How can i get the version 2.0 ? or the older custom_portraits. i had some problems with my pc and i did not save the old ones and i love those.... this new ones...i don't like... So it is possible to get them from somewhere ? Please help

The only way to be able to use the old portraits is from version 2.0. Unfortunately I no longer have the files for 2.0, as I had to delete them to make room for 3.0 and development work.

no worries ! I have learned how to change them myself XD

Just giving notice that Gigantus and myself ran into an (apparently) unknown hardcoded issue with the EDB file, specifically the number of "effects" (in our case the number of units that can be retrained) in a single building entry. The error log was absolutely no help and it took some keen observation to discover when and why the mysterious crashes were happening. However, I am pleased to inform you all that the issue was fixed and an installer is being compiled. Give +rep to Gigantus for having to make three separate installers while we combated this issue. In any event, the v3.2 Patch will be available as soon as the newest installer is complete, which should be within the next couple days.

Another update on the v3.2 Patch... As was mentioned in the preview, we made it so that you could retrain regional units outside of their region (ie: retrain Hebei units in the Zhongyuan region, etc.), however we ran into major stability issues. All of the added effect lines for retraining, in addition to the recruitment of the new units, bloated the EDB file. This caused it to crash, consistently, at specific points in a campaign. Essentially the mod became unplayable. Not only was it an issue with the overall number of effects (retrainings, recruitments, city bonuses, etc.) that was causing the CTD issues, but each individual building apparently has a hard-coded limit on the number effects it can have; the latter forced me to move Unique Units and Feathered Forest units out of the basic barracks, stables and ranges. For the past several days I have tried, but could not get a stable game while allowing regional troops to retrain in any region - the EDB was just too large and created an unstable mod. So retraining outside of the unit's region will not be included. I'm not happy about it, but it is unfortunately unavoidable because of the limitations set forth by the Medieval 2 engine. On a positive note, the mod is now stable and the v3.2 Patch installer will be ready soon.

Foederatus

Thanks for informing us. I got actually surprised that you said we could retrain different type of unit in different unit. As i thought its impossible due to engine. Imo this will be probably best solution. At least it will add some kind of logistical element to it.

Patch 3.2.000 is now live and available for download!

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Just curious, unless you guys have used all the buildings up you could possibly have a seperate retraining barracks for each region i.e. "Hebei Retraining Grounds", right? At least that would solve your individual building effects issues.
    Last edited by Sir Matthias; April 10, 2019 at 02:49 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Hard coded limit is 128 trees with 9 branches. We have used up 88 trees which theoretically leaves 360 branches, that should be enough as we have 156 regions. It does however not solve the problem, eg fulfil the actual purpose. The goal was to be able to retrain most units within one settlement, which isn't solved by regional buildings - as they would still have to have all those slots, in other words it would be back to square one, just multiplied by 156.

I know, if you set up a Hebei Retraining Grounds building fro everywhere not hebei, for everyone who can train hebei, doesn't that solve your problem?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That is a possibility since an extensive AoR system is in place, but that looks like a job for someone that normally makes number plates, here is an example for one unit:
    Code:
    recruit_pool "han_militia" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { hre, england, russia, france, venice, egypt, norway, moors, scotland, portugal, normans, hungary, byzantium, mongols, turks, poland, milan, aragon, denmark, sicily, aztecs, novgorod, cumans, zenghids, } and not hidden_resource AB15-nanz and not hidden_resource AA02-Gov and not hidden_resource shanyue and not hidden_resource korea
    You would now have to determine for which regions the recruitment conditions are not valid and then add that line to each and every one of their regional building. The 'royal barracks' have 78 lines like that, 39 for stables and 49 for archers. Add the odd siege engine and special unit recruitable somewhere else and you end up with about 180 entries.
    The text and picture support for the 159 buildings is rather trifling when compared to that amount of coding.

Why not just restrict the building conditions instead of each unit's?