Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms - Official Mod Preview

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms - v1.0 Official Release Preview

Feed back is always welcome!

My Anti-virus recognizes it as a malware?

Blog Entries

The installation file contains elements of the Universal Batch file which Avast (apparently the only one) in their wisdom has deemed invasive. I have lodged an inquiry into it with Avast but haven't received a reply.
    The file should be in your AV's vault and you should be to restore it and add it to the exception list. Once installed you should not get any further alarms. If you are not familiar with the procedure (Avast) let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The installation file contains elements of the Universal Batch file which Avast (apparently the only one) in their wisdom has deemed invasive. I have lodged an inquiry into it with Avast but haven't received a reply.
    The file should be in your AV's vault and you should be to restore it and add it to the exception list. Once installed you should not get any further alarms. If you are not familiar with the procedure (Avast) let me know.
    Thanks, Already sorted it out ! oh. and is there anyway to find out unit id's ?

Blog Entries

What do you mean by unit ID's?

If you want to trace back which EDU entry is a certain unit then simply search for the unit's game name in data\text\export_units and then use the name in curly brackets to match it in the EDU.

Wow amazing so far, Thank you!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Love this mod sooo much!

Blog Entries

Always glad to hear from people that appreciate our work.

Lord Caim's Avatar Libertus

this would have been helpful if my avast had popped up, but instead it silently blocks and deletes the offending EXE file without discretion. then when you go to check the quarantine box, its not in there. It is only after you guess that's its probably the antivirus after checking everything else and blindly adding every exception for the game and the exe that you can that it then worked.

But to the game. its spectacular. I've played ROTK and DW among other Three Kingdoms games quite a bit, and though this lacks that very last bit of professional company grade quality polish(not to say its bad, by any means!) it feels like a stand alone ROTK:TW game. i like the stratmap sprites being the DW5 models. that was pretty awesome. This game sticks well to the historical records, as opposed to the ROTK novel(which was great), something you don't see done often.

As a suggestion, how hard would it be to add an 'early' era to this game and start it right at turbulence and fall of the Han? As in, starting at 183-4 to see the rise of the Yellow scarves. then take down the 10 Attendants, and Dong Zhuo before being put at roughly where it starts now. These were important events that led directly into the 'real' three kingdoms era, and without these events the Han may have lasted another 100 or so years. with no rebellion to break up a lot of the local government and spur aggressors like Dong Zhuo to seize power, peace was quite possible(though difficult due to local famine among other things). This is why i include the Yellow Scarves into the three kingdoms, as it set the stage for the actual era to begin. And at the same time virtually every major player from 206-220 (the true fall of Han, and progression into three distinct kingdoms) made their position for which to build their kingdoms riding the wave of glory after quelling the rebellion.
    At the same time i can see, and respect, the reluctance and difficulty in scripting difficult things like the 10 Attendants trying to seize power. However most of these scripts exist in some form(emerging and re-emerging factions) in other mods and would just need to be smoothed over to port in. I also understand this could give a lot of leeway in shaping the game in a very unhistorical way. it would be simple to crush Cao Cao during the Rebellion, and not have to deal with Wei and eventually early Jin for the next 96 years (probably sooner, as unification would come easier) but this is why i propose an early *option*. Plus i think it would be cool to play the Sacred Way of Peace campaign and actually win the rebellion to go on to make a new dynasty under Zhang Jiao, or probably one of his sons. But i digress as i don't know how many faction slots are occupied and various other technicalities that would need to be secured to even consider such an undertaking.

My apologies for being quite long winded on the matter, it is just one i enjoy quite a bit. To keep the last bit more brief, thank you for capturing one of the best portions of chinese history and bringing it to life here on a TW platform.

Regards,
    Caim

Blog Entries

AV programs can be worse then Microsoft when it comes to protecting you from yourself. Maybe your notifying level is set to gaming\silent? (Settings\General in Avast UI). The Virus Chest can be accessed via the Avast UI as follows: Statistics\Component Status and then clicking on the link in the square with the 'items stored in the Virus Chest' writing.
    From there you can proceed to restore removed content and add it to the exception list. (Select entry and right click, choose action)

Great to hear that you enjoyed our work, Seether will be pleased that his efforts with the historical issues is valued.

Dialing back the start of the mod isn't a simple operation as anything that has to do with dates will have to be edited. It starts with family trees, trait based biographies and age of named characters and ends with the script - and I probably forgot something or the other to do with historical background.
    The additional scripting that you mentioned should not be that difficult or tedious - the script has got roughly 17.000 lines of script solely dedicated to recruitment limitation so we are not easily scared.

Lord Caim's Avatar Libertus

AV programs can be worse then Microsoft when it comes to protecting you from yourself. Maybe your notifying level is set to gaming\silent? (Settings\General in Avast UI). The Virus Chest can be accessed via the Avast UI as follows: Statistics\Component Status and then clicking on the link in the square with the 'items stored in the Virus Chest' writing.
    From there you can proceed to restore removed content and add it to the exception list. (Select entry and right click, choose action)
    not to gaming/silent. and the virus chest is empty! i guess it doesnt matter now, im playing it. stupid avast.

it sounds like a massive amount of text editing.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Finally after waiting for so long , lets start install medieval 2 game again
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Time to feedback this mod:

It is utterly fantastic. No crashes or major bugs experienced. Battles look and feel great, the campaign is fun to play, not too easy not too hard. (Yuan campaign)
    I applaud the hard work of the team and the excellent result. Well done! The only thing very, very minor is that unit diversity is not too great - which is probably just because I am still stuck in the same area of China and havenÄt expanded too much yet.

+ Because I wanted to learn more about the historical context this mod got me to read up on the Han period and the subsequent three kingdoms period. As a "Westerner" my knowledge of ancient Chinese history was rather moderate, so this was certainly very interesting.

Having said that, I was SHOCKED to learn that as history panned out my bitter rivals Cao Cao took control of the northeast after the battle of Guandu... Well, not if I have anything to say about that
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Blog Entries

There was a Chinese serial made in 2010 with 95 episode - 54 hours in total. I watched the sub titled version once, after we finished the mod. I think we covered it reasonably well, going by that, especially with the Cao Cao and Liu Bei missions.

I would like to thank every one who took part in the making of this mod.
    You guys did an amazing job.

Blog Entries

Thanks, a pat on the back is always welcome.

DeanE555's Avatar Libertus

I want to thank all who created this mod,this is the only way to play an asian tw without shogun1/2....
    Just a quick question!,in the battle maps unit flags don't appear,is that suppoused to be like that (it is quite confusing without any flags...) thanks!

Blog Entries

There are no small 'experience' banners - but the main banners should be there. Does it happen with all factions?

DeanE555's Avatar Libertus

yes unfortunatly.... it is kinda exiting because it looks more realistic but it is kinda confusing as well....
    and this might be a newbish question but,how do you go on full screen? it kinda bugs me play it on a window... thanks a lot! you and your team are awsome!

*edit*

for refrence,the flag issue looks like in this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhDie5fLINM at around 24:15
    thank you again and I hope I'm not bothering you with stupid questions!
    Last edited by DeanE555; January 20, 2015 at 05:17 PM.

Blog Entries

The window issue is fixed quickly - I think you are using a smaller resolution in the game then you have on your desktop. Two ways to fix it:

1. Change your game resolution via options\video\advanced\resolutions to the resolution of your desktop (don't forget to click 'apply')
    2. Open the mod's CFG file with Notepad and remove the 'windowed' line in the [video] and save