Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms - Official Mod Preview

Default Re: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms - Official Mod Preview

Seriously mate... what would we do without you? You contributed so much in making this game AWESOME, I do not know how to thank you. But here I simply go : thank you for your work! Thank you a million time. Your mod and Shogun 2 are the game I've played the most in all my entire life. Again... thank you!

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Thank you, good sir. We appreciate your kind words

And, with that said, I'd like to announce that version 3.1.000 is now live and ready for download!
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Wow 3.1, i think this is the best TW mod of all time.
    p/s 3.1 has no bugfixes?

Which bugs specifically? We did a script fix, Guan Yu's horse texture fix, and some text fixes.

I have 2 questions : how or when do you get to employ Sima Yi playing as Cao Cao. And is it normal that Dian Wei doesn't have a unique model? If I remember correctly, he had a unique model just like his counterpart Xu Chu (or Shu) whom still has his unique model.

I’m at work, so I can’t check my files, but you should get Sima Yi after taking Changan. As far as Dian Wei, his strat model was dropped in favor of (I think) Zhang He (when he joins via event).

I've play a bit and I find it disappointing that special unit and generals have 2 hit points. There already very strong with only one... now enemies generals can deal you a lot of damage whatever strategy/tactic you come up with. Would it not be possible to have a version with 1 hit point for all unit? It really take away the risk of having a character dying in combat... But still a great mod nonetheless, it just exasperating.

I’m not sure what you mean. Generals get killed all the time; check out some of the Let’s Play and siege battle videos. As far as special units, while they have the best stats, they are restricted to only one ever existing. It dies, it is gone forever. Giving them 2 HP is a trade-off for that and to make them “special”, as only 1 HP makes them too squishy and essentially just a normal unit with good stats, but can easily disappear forever if defeated.

You can always edit your EDU and change HP to whatever you like.

Yes you're right, I might just do this actually, but here I encounter something that is somehow, for me, quite a little game breaker. The AI seem to have a great boost and I just can't play the game in that state. See the images :

I have tested with a lot of units, and the reason why the AI can move that far isn't because they only have cavalry. As the Cao clan, I'm conquering Lu Bu territory, but I can only move my units a little bit. But Lu Bu can not only manage to send all his troops from all his territory to where I'm the strongest, but he can easily go around them and in my territory pillaging as he please... So maybe I should also mod this too, if ever possible (or not too much of a headache)? I mean, I have stone road and it gives me a very little boost and still, AI units in territory where there isn't even a road built can move farther than my units.

Thank you Seether!

And I know about the supply etc, but my armies that are not in castle but in my territory still cannot move that far, just a little bit. Not much. Just like shown in the picture.

I'd suggest looking at those pictures a lot closer; there isn't a huge disparity is how far the army in Ruyin can move and how far Lei Bo/Ji Ling can move. I also believe there are several factors not taken into consideration when comparing the two. First, the AI only gets a +10% movement point boost. That's all. Secondly, where Lei Bo/Ji Ling can travel the farthest is on roads (which reduce MP consumption when traveling); specifically, look at the relatively short distances between Li Dian and Lei Bo/Ji Ling when traveling to Wuyin, Chenxian and Qiao. Those differences are not that much but do look like a little bit more than 10%, and interestingly Zhanchun has quite a bit of a disparity, which brings me to my next point. Third, in addition to the previous, it looks like you just fought a battle with Li Dian at Ruyin; fighting a battle will give you various forms of the "Disorganized" trait, which reduces movement points by at least -10%. Plus, moving from outside the city to inside reduces MP normally. Fourth, as you mentioned, the supply trait; having low supplies from being in the field (or being in your settlements and becoming oversupplied) reduces movement points slightly. Fifth, what it shows for the AI's movement range is incorrect, as it doesn't take into account ZoC. Li Dian's range shows ZoC, as shown by the red spots next to foreign armies, but in both the ranges of Ji Ling and Lei Bo there is no ZoC indicator(s) around any settlements or armies (yours or others). So, if Ji Ling/Lei Bo were to move west toward Wuyin, they would not get as far as the yellow range shows, as they would have to travel around Ruyin, off the road, using up more MP and thus being able to move a shorter distance than what the range indicator shows (as they couldn't take the the quickest, most direct route via roads through your settlement). So for those reasons, either all together or some combination thereof, results in at least a 10% difference in movement points, with the situations that more than likely apply to Li Dian causing more like -20% MP.

Also, that isn't Lu Bu's army, that is Yuan Shu's army. But, is Lu Bu's army actually doing as you say and "sending all his troops from all his territory to where you're the strongest" and "going around them (your strong points) and in your territory pillaging as he pleases", or is it just your assumption that there is the possibility that he could? That is a huge difference and I don't see anything like that in either your screenshots, or all of my playthroughs, or the various campaign playthroughs on YouTube. The AI tends to, in my experience, only attack regions that border their own. From what I have seen, they don't bypass border regions that border them to attack interior regions that do not border them in any way.

But, in conclusion, the AI only get a +10% movement point boost. If a +10% movement point boost breaks the game for you, I'm not really sure what to tell you.
    Last edited by Seether; February 19, 2019 at 04:54 AM.

Hi Seether. Thanks for your answer! But as I stated, the pictures are just an exemple of many test I've done. About Li Dian you might be right, even though I checked his trait and didn't see any penalty to his movement point. But about other character I've test, what about them? When you are not in your territory, you should start having penalty right? But many armies that are not mine doesn't seem to have it just like it can be seen in the pictures. Also I have armies that doesn't have the abundance trait and any other penalty and still can move way less than the AI. And also, as you can see, I've tested generals with no penalties in Xu Chang where I have more advanced roads and I can move as much as Li Dian can, whom only have dirt road in his territory. All in all, what I find is a game breaker is AI cheating that obviously, but if you're telling me that I'm mistaking and overlook some details, I'll give it another try, but I've tested with all I can think off and AI still have a huge bonus and if the range disparity shown in the pictures is only 10%, it's waaaay too much for me to enjoy. I'll be stressing all the damn game (which is not bad when I know the AI doesn't cheat).

Anyway... if the problem here is only a 10% movement range disparity, how can I bring it to 0%?

Thank you again for you time mate!

I also made an edit, while you were posting, about ZoC not being accounted for in the yellow movement range.

From what I understand, penalties (traits and ZoC) to movement are not applied to the AI armies until it is their turn and they are actually moving, so what you see of their yellow movement range during your turn is not their true range; it is in fact shorter. As far as "cheating", the AI is way dumber than a human and needs a little help, otherwise they get steamrolled by a human player and provide absolutely no challenge; every mod adds an AI boost to some degree. But if you want to remove the AI movement bonus, go to data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, search "boost", and remove (from both Level Ai_Boost & Level Ai_Boost_Hard) the lines that say "Effect MovementPoints 10".

Yes I understand the AI need to cheat to be of some challenge for the human player and that every mod does it, but this specific one was getting on my nerve, that's all. Thanks for your help Seether.

An issue was found in which cavalry did not take 2 turns to recruit, but instead allowed 2 units to be recruit. This has been fixed in the 3.1.005 Hotfix.

Finding an alternative for the numbers on unit cards is next on the list.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

With the main campaign now finished, would it be feasible to create a provincial campaign set at a later date with Shu, Wei and Wu already established?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

I had toyed with the idea several years ago, specifically a 217 start date. This would be at the start of the Hanzhong campaign.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

In any event, I have finally reached the last twenty chapters of the Romance
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It would make for an interesting objective, setting up custom campaigns isn't difficult, all that's required is the will and more importantly the opportunity and time.

Kinda like a DLC thingy, isn't it?

v3.2 Patch Preview

Several months ago I made it pretty clear that v3.0, and any necessary hotfixes, would be the last version(s) of Rise of Three Kingdoms. Essentially the mod would be considered complete and development was going to cease. However, there have been many things that I always wanted to implement but never had the time or resources to do so. The v3.1 Patch saw a bit of this, with campaign introduction videos, videos for becoming Emperor (usurpation or self-declare), a video for when Yuan Shu declares himself Emperor of Zhong, and a campaign victory video. There were other more minor things as well, but those were some of the more major improvements and additions I had been wanting to add for years, but had put on the back-burner for other projects. A minor improvement to be found in the upcoming v3.2 Patch, is a more-fleshed our Imperial Han faction - when controlled by the player. Ranks have been overhauled for faction character when starting an Imperial Han campaign and, in addition to that, Dong Cheng has finally been added. I don't know why it took me so long to add this important figure, but he is finally here!

The biggest changes introduced in the v3.2 Patch is actually the reintroduction of Regional Recruitment. Essentially China-proper is divided into 6 regions: Hebei in the northeast, Yong-Liang in the northwest, Ba-Shu in the southwest, Jingzhou occupying the south-central areas, Jiangdong in the southeast, and Zhongyuan covering central and eastern China. In each region you can recruit troops that are labelled as being from that region, with each region offering specific bonuses for specific unit types. Hebei gives bonuses to horse-archers, Xiliang to cavalry, Zhongyuan to crossbows, Ba-Shu to halberds, Jingzhou to archers, and Jiangdong to swordsmen. The previous incarnation of Regional Recruitment failed in two ways - first, it was implemented poorly, with the major flaw being that you could not re-train one region's troops when in a different region (ie: could not retrain Hebei troops when in Zhongyuan). And second, outside of stat differences due to regional specialization, there was absolutely zero distinction between units of the same type. Now, I'm happy to report that both of these issues have been rectified. While you can only recruit the matching regional troop type in a specific region (Jingzhou troops in the Jingzhou region), units of other regions can be retrained in any other region (except outside of China-proper unless you have built specific "assimilation" buildings). So now you can actually retrain and push your offensive forward, unlike with the previous installment of Regional Recruitment. On top of that each region now offers unique helmets. There are two variations for each regional helmet, with all Heavy units and 2nd-tier armor upgrade (silver shield) Light units displaying their regional helmets. All regional troops will also have different unit cards, as it would be an utter irritant having to distinguish between units of different regions if they have the same unit cards (and trying to merge units only to find out they are from different regions). Below is an example of how units will now look on the battlefield, with Yong-Liang Heavy Cavalry and (tier 2 upgraded) Light Ba-Shu Swordsmen. While the v3.2 Patch is not yet available to the public, due to testing, it shall be available soon. So keep an eye out!

Last edited by Seether; March 26, 2019 at 05:32 PM.