Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Submod] English Unit & Faction Names

Default Re: [Official Submod] English Unit & Faction Names

Is this on steam? It looks like the one Amras89 linked to is something else.

Meneros is currently away for a short time so this mod won't be updated until his return most likely.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hi
    I can't get this to work. I have downloaded the pack from the link and placed it in the data folder, and marked it in mod manager, but its still the original names that shows up. Any suggestions?

Make sure you load it before the main mod. If you are using Steam mod manager then it has to be higher alphabetically.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Make sure you load it before the main mod. If you are using Steam mod manager then it has to be higher alphabetically.
    Is Meneros back or is this submod going to be updated when 1.0 released?

With so many problems and the creator AFK. I hate to thread hijack but wouldn't it make sense to just use mine? Which has been around longer, is up to date, on Steam and... I'm alive.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...stored-English

Hi DeI team I know you have a lot work to do but it would be great if you can update this mod. Btw is Meneros back?

I've started working on an updated version for 1.0 (since there are several new units and changes to some names and descriptions), with options for just faction names or unit names. I don't know whether Meneros is still working on this though...

/facepalm

Meneros will be active again I hope soon, he moved to a new country and got a new job so has been busy. I am not sure if he will be able to do this submod, though. So we can make a new thread if you guys want to have the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Meneros will be active again I hope soon, he moved to a new country and got a new job so has been busy. I am not sure if he will be able to do this submod, though. So we can make a new thread if you guys want to have the new version.
    Oh I see. I must say I want it badly but take your time. I know you are about to release 1.0 and there may be issues to fix. Many thanks again.

The English faction names submod is ready. I'll release that after the official 1.0 release, then Mavrik and I will work on the unit names. We'll try to get that submod out quickly, but I'd forgotten to send Mavrik the new unit name spreadsheets and he must be too polite to remind me...

There is still a difference from vanilla faction names in the submod, since the Massagetae will become the Saka in 1.0. It will make a little more sense with the new units and the Indo-Saka reforms to call the faction Saka instead of Massagetae, but I can change that back if anyone has a problem with the new name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12