Thread: Darth mod error July 2014

brandonm1911's Avatar Laetus

Default Darth mod error July 2014

Hey im getting an error when i launch m2tw with darth mod. it just happened out of no where. "Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

Default Re: Darth mod error July 2014

Try to launch the game with administrator power

brandonm1911's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Anco View Post
    Try to launch the game with administrator power
    I tried to do that and the game just doesn't launch when I launch it as admin.

price2142's Avatar Laetus

I've tried a number of things, all end in one of two outcomes: either it doesn't even start, or it goes to the initial darthmod loading screen and craps out with the same message.

St. Imperator's Avatar Civis

Well, let's just come to face reality. Unless Darth himself briefly comes out of retirement, then, this mod is probably dead. Good job, CA.

I was able to get DarthMod to work with a solution that is found in the Readme. The solution is found at the bottom and says:

*** "If you have a non-English version of MIITW, and are experiencing CTD's.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

When clicking on armies or characters. It appears that there is some incompatibility in the sound files. A special thanks to @[FtN] Gebirgsjäger for sorting this problem out.
    The following steps will correct this problem:
    1) Delete the files in DarthMod\data\sounds
    2) Copy events.dat and events.idx from Medieval II Total War\data\sounds to Darth\data\sounds"

Now I found that step one is not needed. I just did step two and overwrote the files in Darth\data\sounds. It worked for me and I hope it works for you. Hopes this helps.

Also one thing to note. When I first tried it I had no sounds in the game even with vanilla. I uninstalled Darthmod and then validated system cache in Steam. After I reinstalled the mod and performed step 2 and all is well. Also it says that this fix is for non-English versions but it stilled worked. Cheers.

-Amadeus

Thank you Amadeus451 - this seems to have fixed the problem!! Just made this forum account so that I could thank you and confirm that this fix appears to work so far.

St. Imperator's Avatar Civis

Worked like a charm. +1

Thanks ! It works.

Oh man thanks for this fix! I just re installed Medieval II after trying Rome II, all of them empire and onward just don't have the same feel as Rome & Medieval II. SOOO I had to reinstall Medieval II + Darth Mod, after what has it been like a 4 year hiatus. When that intro music started up!!!! Oh man, so many good times. Who you gunna excommunicate now PAPPY!

Thank you! It worked.

hey guys i'm just asking is the mod only for kingdoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus451 View Post
    I was able to get DarthMod to work with a solution that is found in the Readme. The solution is found at the bottom and says:

*** "If you have a non-English version of MIITW, and are experiencing CTD's.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

When clicking on armies or characters. It appears that there is some incompatibility in the sound files. A special thanks to @[FtN] Gebirgsjäger for sorting this problem out.
    2) Copy events.dat and events.idx from Medieval II Total War\data\sounds to Darth\data\sounds"

Now I found that step one is not needed. I just did step two and overwrote the files in Darth\data\sounds. It worked for me and I hope it works for you. Hopes this helps.

Also one thing to note. When I first tried it I had no sounds in the game even with vanilla. I uninstalled Darthmod and then validated system cache in Steam. After I reinstalled the mod and performed step 2 and all is well. Also it says that this fix is for non-English versions but it stilled worked. Cheers.

-Amadeus

Thanks! this fixed it but then we would have vanilla sounds, is there a way for us to have the music for this mod? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus451 View Post

-Amadeus
    I have English version of game (purchased through Steam's US site...) and this fixed the "unspecified error" CTD off a fresh install of both.

Thanks!