Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Download Morning Sun Version 1.0

Default Re: >>>Download<<< Morning Sun Version 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by gookbbong View Post
    Then you means we need to make two versions of unit for Hanyang and country?

And how about building is already exist at Country or Hanyang at game start?
    Country tech and Hanyang military building tech is almost different except for some buildings.
    Maybe if we put some buildings already exist in region, we could solve this problem that building tech is different between regions.

For example
    Hanyang and country's military building is like this.

Maybe we could make underlined building already exist at Hanyang and Country so we could make players experience different tech at Hanyang and Country.
    What you're proposing won't work because I can't restrict a building to a specific location. In Shogun 2 once you code a settlement building this building can be built in any settlement. While I could make the Hanyang version a building that Korea can only have one of and put this building in the capital the player could simply destroy the Hanyang building and build it elsewhere. This solution also won't prevent the player building country buildings in Hanyang.

Another alternative would be to have Korea start with the Hanyang and Yanggae versions already built and make a technology that Korea can't research be required to build the lowest levels of these buildings. This would prevent the player building these versions in country regions but it won't prevent the upgrading these building. However it won't prevent the player building country buildings in Hanyang and Yanggae areas and it also means that if these buildings are destroyed the player can't rebuild them.

Before you asked I did try to make a unique settlement type where you could only build specific buildings but it didn't work correctly (for some reason when I made a new startpos sll the new buildin ignored.

It would be better to have one version of each building that can be built anywhere and restrict which units can be recruited based on region resources.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I knew about the scabbards but didn't know that someone had fixed the problem caused when using swords in battle. I'll have to check this mod out.

I did try drawing the outline of China onto the remaining map to see how much of it I could add. The red border is shows how much of the map is currently being used.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

When I have some free time I'm going to test whether I can move the entire map downwards and to the right so I can add more of China and the Jurchen tribes.

Regarding the Mongols and Jurchen I was planning to give these factions a movement bonuses but they wouldn't have any roads. The result would be that the player would only be able to move very slowly towards Mongols and Jurchen settlements, while the Mongols and Jurchens could move slightly faster towards Chinese and Korean cities.

I have no objection to adding these events but I don't know how to script them to occur. It may be possible to do this by editing the scripting.lua.

If you can expanded map can you created Ryukyu kingdom,Unit same like others Japanese Clan,but it good if you have 3d model or anybody can making Ryuku Kingdom,I dont know what Ryukyu unit is same with Chinese?,What knew is,Ryukyu Kingdom are Shimazu Clan vassal after take over from Chinese Ming or Qing i dont remember,In camping you if you plays as Shimazu Ryukyu is Vassal.question can Ryukyu/Okinawa Island are to small? can that island can be add as province or clan? 2nd are you have plan to make Manchu/Jurchens and Mongolian Faction? or only Just Korean and Chinese or Korean,Chinese and Manchu?

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

I knew about the scabbards but didn't know that someone had fixed the problem caused when using swords in battle. I'll have to check this mod out.

I did try drawing the outline of China onto the remaining map to see how much of it I could add. The red border is shows how much of the map is currently being used.

When I have some free time I'm going to test whether I can move the entire map downwards and to the right so I can add more of China and the Jurchen tribes.

Regarding the Mongols and Jurchen I was planning to give these factions a movement bonuses but they wouldn't have any roads. The result would be that the player would only be able to move very slowly towards Mongols and Jurchen settlements, while the Mongols and Jurchens could move slightly faster towards Chinese and Korean cities.

I have no objection to adding these events but I don't know how to script them to occur. It may be possible to do this by editing the scripting.lua.

Can it possible to visible all Japan to full Hokkaido and northern territory(South Kuril). also possible can add Sakhalin in map if all Hokkaido and 4-5 south Kuril island reveal

Last edited by mhdsafwanindera; August 06, 2014 at 11:07 PM.

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

madrush's Avatar Senator

Ive had issues even starting the game for the fact that the extend japan mod has always crashed my game with or without mods

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    I've made a sword and shield animation out of modified sabre animation - the moves aren't pretty, but it works. I've attached it on my post in page 2 of this thread.

I have some question for you gookbboong:

1. Is there actually a Shorter, perhaps mid- thigh high small jeonbuk, rather than the usual knee-down ones? You know, for hot summers or something? Do Joseon Soldiers wore such things?

2. Were Joseon Brigandine always made in one piece greatcoat that have elbow-long sleeves, as the characteristic that differentiates it with Chinese Brigandine? Do Joseon use Brigandine that have separate pauldron, arms, and skirt?

3. Are Chinese Swordmen helmets acceptable for Joseon unit? Or the brim is too wide?

4. Were Double armed Ssangeom Swordmen really existed in the Battlefield?

1.There is no evidence that soldiers used another kind of Jeonbok.

Joseon brigandine always have elbow-long sleeves. Maybe it is characteristic of Joseon armor compared to Chinese armor. But Joseon's armor was not always one piece greatcoat. There were two styles of Joseon brigandine-One piece greatcoat style and Distinguished upper and lower part style.
    Also, there were other attaching parts for Brigandine.

First attaching parts is Hoaek. Hoaek is a part-armor that used to protect armpit.

Second is Umsim. Commonly Umsim means armor that protect chest, but Brigandine's umsim is used to protect vital point(maybe penis) from attack.

This armor is Qing's armor and it shows how to attach Hoaek and Umsim well.

This is Kabsang. Kabsang is skirt which protects lower side of the body like thigh. But as you could see in this picture, Kabsang could not protect back side of body. It could only protect front side of body. People attached some iron plate or leather plate to protect there leg more efficiently. Most of soldier who wear Kabsang also attached Umsim essentially.
    Commonly, this Kabsang only used in Brigandine armor that upper part and lower part is distinguished. Joseon brigandine which was made like greatcoat have no distinction of upper part and lower part so maybe does not have such Kabsang.
    Here is example of those armor.

This is well-known greatcoat Joseon brigandine

This is greatcoat brigandine that has iron plate to protect leg from attack.

This is brigandine that have dinstinguished upper part and lower part. You could see iron(or leather) plate attached at Kabsang to protect leg.

Maybe these armor-have dinstinguished upper part and lower part-is later Joseon's armor style influenced by Qing dynasty of china. So during Imjin war, greatcoat style brigandine might be mainly used and those part distinguished brigandine might not used or very rarely used. Because early Joseon armor was influenced by Mongolia, and Mongolia's brigandine armor at 14c was greatcoat style.

But if you want to put this armor into game, there will be no problem.

3. It's too wide.

4.Ssangeom unit was really existed in korea. In Joseon's book Muyedobotonggi-book about Josoen's martial arts-there is a martial art that use Ssamgeom, and cavalry that used Ssamgeom was really existed army during Joseon dynasty.
    Maybe those two sword unit could existed during Imjin war, but there is no evidence so I don't know surely about Joseon army used two swords during Imjin war.

What you're proposing won't work because I can't restrict a building to a specific location. In Shogun 2 once you code a settlement building this building can be built in any settlement. While I could make the Hanyang version a building that Korea can only have one of and put this building in the capital the player could simply destroy the Hanyang building and build it elsewhere. This solution also won't prevent the player building country buildings in Hanyang.

Another alternative would be to have Korea start with the Hanyang and Yanggae versions already built and make a technology that Korea can't research be required to build the lowest levels of these buildings. This would prevent the player building these versions in country regions but it won't prevent the upgrading these building. However it won't prevent the player building country buildings in Hanyang and Yanggae areas and it also means that if these buildings are destroyed the player can't rebuild them.

Before you asked I did try to make a unique settlement type where you could only build specific buildings but it didn't work correctly (for some reason when I made a new startpos sll the new buildin ignored.

It would be better to have one version of each building that can be built anywhere and restrict which units can be recruited based on region resources.

Then could you make building tech changed in Hanyang and country by specific resources?

In vanilla, after you build Coastal village-Harbour-trading port you could build drydock or military port or Nanban quarter.

Simillary, could you make after building tech Barracks-Upgrade Barracks-Very upgrade Barracks you could build Hunryun Dogam at Hanyang but not in country because of specific resources that only have Hanyang, and in country you could build Very very upgrade Barracks(this is not in-game name:; it is example) instead of Hunryun Dogam?

+How could i attach new sword and shield motion to mod?
    Last edited by gookbbong; August 07, 2014 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mhdsafwanindera View Post
    Can it possible to visible all Japan to full Hokkaido and northern territory(South Kuril). also possible can add Sakhalin in map if all Hokkaido and 4-5 south Kuril island reveal
    I could add all of Hokkaido but it would be sparely populated because the Ainu weren't very numerous.

Quote Originally Posted by gookbbong View Post
    Then could you make building tech changed in Hanyang and country by specific resources?

In vanilla, after you build Coastal village-Harbour-trading port you could build drydock or military port or Nanban quarter.

Simillary, could you make after building tech Barracks-Upgrade Barracks-Very upgrade Barracks you could build Hunryun Dogam at Hanyang but not in country because of specific resources that only have Hanyang, and in country you could build Very very upgrade Barracks(this is not in-game name:; it is example) instead of Hunryun Dogam?
    That would solve some of the problems, however I can't restrict where building are built or their upgrades based on region resources. I could create the building tree you mentioned and give every region a level 2 building however this creates the following problems:

1) It won't work if the player demolishes this building, then rebuilds it. Though I can make these buildings indestructible so the player can't do this.
    2) The number of building slots available is tied to the building level. So if I want each region to have 3 buildings all these regions will need a level 3 settlement.

One possibility is to give the Hanyang region a unique town that represents one of these buildings. This would prevent the player building this building in another region. However this won't make all the buildings unique.

There's a "capital only" option in one of the building DB tables but I don't know if it still works. If it does work then I should be able to restrict some buildings or upgrades only to the capital. However this will only work with the Hanyang buildings.

I could add all of Hokkaido but it would be sparely populated because the Ainu weren't very numerous.

That would solve some of the problems, however I can't restrict where building are built or their upgrades based on region resources. I could create the building tree you mentioned and give every region a level 2 building however this creates the following problems:

1) It won't work if the player demolishes this building, then rebuilds it. Though I can make these buildings indestructible so the player can't do this.
    2) The number of building slots available is tied to the building level. So if I want each region to have 3 buildings all these regions will need a level 3 settlement.

One possibility is to give the Hanyang region a unique town that represents one of these buildings. This would prevent the player building this building in another region. However this won't make all the buildings unique.

There's a "capital only" option in one of the building DB tables but I don't know if it still works. If it does work then I should be able to restrict some buildings or upgrades only to the capital. However this will only work with the Hanyang buildings.
    Hmmm. Forget about the previous military building tech. maybe I need to think about another building tech.

P.S. Can't i see sabre motion of Ming sword and sheildman?

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Here's some. This is just modified sabre animation - nothing fancy, just couple of slashy slash-slash attack moves. No elaborate mo-capped sessions like katana animations

Most of the time the slash is just too open...and the shield arm held too high...

Thanks. At least in looks better than katana animation..

Indefinitely Banned

I also tried to make this:

...but the helmet brim is too narrow...

Is that from the imperial cap...?!

Try using the Korean helmet. You just need to remove the brigandine parts.

The lamellar armour is the Japanese armour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kore medium.jpg  

Indefinitely Banned

D'oh

So obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Is that from the imperial cap...?!
    Of course not - its shikoroless helmet
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; August 07, 2014 at 12:18 PM.

Maybe we could present famous generals during 16C like Yi soon shin and Nurhachi by script..?

I have to say that it is more than welcome to see this kinda of an amazing mod for Shogun 2! I always wondered why no one made Imjin War mod/expansion and now here it is, great work! Although I see this is only version 1.0 and there are a lot to be done I sense that this mod has the possibility to become the best Shogun 2 mod made so far. I just hope that you won't overstretch too much and tire yourselves down, sometimes less is more. Focusing on the gameplay and design integrity sometimes weighs more than historical accuracy. Keep up the good work

Joseon Lamellar armor

Full shot

chest and shoulder

left shoulder

right shoulder

lower part

right side

left side(It has a opening part to wear this armor and tied up with strap)

Armor full shot

This shows how lamellar look like.

We could use this armor for Kabsa unit.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Just, too hard man. I've tried playing with Otomo on hard difficulty and maximum 15 turns later i'm getting stomped vs two or more enemy.

Speaking of dual swords.....

Found some pics.

I don't mean to be.. 'that' guy, but like, I don't have the most stable internet connection so, downloading large files like this is usually a hassle for me xD. If the download itself doesnt fail after a while, it just takes soo long to download anything. I was able to download the first part with no problem (granted it took me like 3 hours, yes, a 32mb file took me a little more than 3 hours to download..You can see what I'm working with here LOL), but the second file (the 130mb one) is proving to be a..challenge. The download fails before it ever gets over 50% most times, sometime not even that.

Is there anyway you could upload the second part as torrent or something? (since the download would be more stable like that) Or, maybe break the second part up into smaller pieces on here?

Just a suggestion. I know there arent a lot of people with a situation like mine (I might actually be the only one LOL) but if you could maybe take into consideration what I suggested above, you'd have one happy fan! xD