Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Download Morning Sun Version 1.0

Default Re: >>>Download<<< Morning Sun Version 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Stincky View Post
    Gookbbong- would there be any sort of way we could divide up Joseon i know not historical but for gameplay? political parties, disrgruntled princes or powerful gentry etc.?

Unfortunately there is no way to make divide Joseon. 1545 was a year that king Myeongjong come to throne, and it was very peaceful day except some political strife. Also, 1545 is time before famous political parties of Joseon(like West party and East party) created.
    Maybe most easiest way(or maybe only way) to stop 40 region Joseon became superpower is quickly completing Jurchen factions( I know Jurchen was devided at least 9 famous clan at 1545..).

Quote Originally Posted by gookbbong View Post
    Unfortunately there is no way to make divide Joseon. 1545 was a year that king Myeongjong come to throne, and it was very peaceful day except some political strife. Also, 1545 is time before famous political parties of Joseon(like West party and East party) created.
    Maybe most easiest way(or maybe only way) to stop 40 region Joseon became superpower is quickly completing Jurchen factions( I know Jurchen was devided at least 9 famous clan at 1545..).
    Alright U--
    You're up on this on and when we can know how much of the map (of China and North of Korea) can be added- then we can go from there as to know how many Jurchen and Eastern Mongol clans can be added....
    On Jurchens do we want to make them all at each other's throats or under a coalition of some kind?

Alright U--
    You're up on this on and when we can know how much of the map (of China and North of Korea) can be added- then we can go from there as to know how many Jurchen and Eastern Mongol clans can be added....
    On Jurchens do we want to make them all at each other's throats or under a coalition of some kind?

Maybe some Jurchen tribe was at war each other and some tribe was peaceful each other. I'm not so sure but i remember that Yehe clan(Haixi Jurchens) and Hada clan(Haixi Jurchens) was at war with each other, and Jianzhou Jurchens was peaceful with each other at least in 1545. Maybe we must research about Jurchen tribes and mirror those facts in game.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

So your idea is trying to make playing Korea not a bore by giving it troubles, to make the player busy with something?

I see, so the idea is by introducing Manchuria and pose Jurchen Incursions together with Wako Raids as something to do for Korean player while waiting for Japanese Clans to Invade...
    But how to keep the warring Jurchens tribes from weakening themselves then being killed by Joseon or Ming, if they are fractured?

Is there any way to script raiders from the steppes spawning like Wako pirates?

Or how about moving the starting time right before the Japanese Invasion?
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; August 04, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

Yes. Maybe wako raids and Jurchen invade will not make Joseon player not so bored.(But maybe it will not perfect solution.)

As 1555 wako raid at Joseon in history and 1583 Jurchen invaded Joseon-might we could use script to make full stack army at 1555 or 1583
    Or we could make full stack of bandit army appear at Hwanghaedo, reflecting Riot of Im Guk Jeong.

Maybe we could make 2 version of Korea campaign. One is starting date is 1545 and the other is starting date is 1590 or 1592.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Events aren't faction or culture specific so I can't change the wording for a specific factions or culture. Though I can change the text displayed for all factions.

I combined this mod with darthmod so it does many of Darth mod's features.
    Don't bother with the text. I can't say it's too important.

Awesome that it was combined with DMS. Thanks again. A pity I can't give you rep again.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    EDIT: uanime5, how if you incorporate The Scabbard Mod for Japanese Units?:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=121954678
    I knew about the scabbards but didn't know that someone had fixed the problem caused when using swords in battle. I'll have to check this mod out.

Alright U--
    I did try drawing the outline of China onto the remaining map to see how much of it I could add. The red border is shows how much of the map is currently being used.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

When I have some free time I'm going to test whether I can move the entire map downwards and to the right so I can add more of China and the Jurchen tribes.

Regarding the Mongols and Jurchen I was planning to give these factions a movement bonuses but they wouldn't have any roads. The result would be that the player would only be able to move very slowly towards Mongols and Jurchen settlements, while the Mongols and Jurchens could move slightly faster towards Chinese and Korean cities.

Yes. Maybe wako raids and Jurchen invade will not make Joseon player not so bored.(But maybe it will not perfect solution.)

As 1555 wako raid at Joseon in history and 1583 Jurchen invaded Joseon-might we could use script to make full stack army at 1555 or 1583
    Or we could make full stack of bandit army appear at Hwanghaedo, reflecting Riot of Im Guk Jeong.

Maybe we could make 2 version of Korea campaign. One is starting date is 1545 and the other is starting date is 1590 or 1592.
    I have no objection to adding these events but I don't know how to script them to occur. It may be possible to do this by editing the scripting.lua.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails campaign map.jpg  
    Last edited by uanime5; August 05, 2014 at 04:59 AM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Could you make same unit could be recruited in different ways at different region?

For example, unit A could be recruited at building B in Hanyang but at country player could recruit unit A at building C.
    Is it possible?
    Last edited by gookbbong; August 05, 2014 at 07:43 AM.

Could you make same unit could be recruited in different ways at different region?

For example, unit A could be recruited at building B in Hanyang but at country player could recruit unit A at building C.
    Is it possible?
    This would be easiest to do if there was a Hanyang and Country version of this unit. Then I could make different recruitment trees using hidden resources.

I recommend against making buildings that only allow the player to recruit units in some regions unless they have other beneficial effects. I'm not able to make new encyclopaedia entries so I can't tell the player that a building will only let them recruit units in certain regions.

This would be easiest to do if there was a Hanyang and Country version of this unit. Then I could make different recruitment trees using hidden resources.

I recommend against making buildings that only allow the player to recruit units in some regions unless they have other beneficial effects. I'm not able to make new encyclopaedia entries so I can't tell the player that a building will only let them recruit units in certain regions.

I asked this because Joseon's military system before Imjin war was so unique. Joseon's central army largely divided into 2 main type. First was Kabsa. Kabsa was elite infantry and most important central army. So Kabsa need to go to Hanyang when they were on duty, even though they live in country. When few month pass in Hanyang and time become to rotate with other Kabsa, then they go back to their home. This is off-duty Kabsa. However, because Kabsa was elite infantry, those off-duty Kabsa need to take test during they are in home. If their test score was not good, then he could not be Kabsa any more. So Kabsa need to train a lot of times even though they are off-duty. And because these Kabsa was very important army for national defense, Kabsa could be drafted for war even they are off-duty.
    Second army is 'Bunsang Jeonggun'. Bunsang Jeonggun could be translated as Rotating army. Rotating army was another important element of Joseon central army, and this army also need to go to Hanyang like Kabsa when they were on duty. Those army were divided into 8 groups and one group need to be on duty during 2 months. If group 1 come up to Hanyang and finish their duty, then group 2 go to Hanyang to perform military service, and after all group(8 group) finished their duty, then first group need to go to Hanyang again because this was rotation. Most of Rotating army was farmer, and because this army was central army of Joseon, bulky and powerful man might have been selected to become Rotating army. Rotating army could be devided into Rotating army infantry and Rotating army cavalry. Of course all army must buy weapon, horse, and armor themselves. So only farmers who are rich enough to buy horse, weapon and armor could be Rotating army cavalry. And because these cavalry was very important to national defense, these Rotating army calvary could be drafted for war even they are off-duty.

Because Kabsa and Bunsang Jeonggun(Rotating army)need to go up to Hanyang because they need to be on duty in Hanyang, but after their duty they returned to their home in country.
    So it will be correct to make kabsa and Rotating army unit recruitable not only in Hanyang but also in country. So if we make other version of Kabsa and Rotating army for country, then number of Joseon unit will be twice. For example, if we make unit 'kabsa', and in Hanyang this unit could be recruitable from building 'Kabsa test ground'. But because country have different building tech compared to Hanyang, we need to make country version of this unit-maybe 'Off-duty kabsa'-to make Kabsa unit recruitable at country.

Then number of Joseon unit will be double because we need to make country version of this unit and Hanyang version...I think this will be too whirl.
    This is not only problem of Kabsa and Bunsang Jeonggun...because all of Joseon central army act like this!
    Last edited by gookbbong; August 05, 2014 at 11:13 AM.

About this image.....

Left soldier is wearing chainmail and right is wearing Lamellar armor. So i searched but their was no evidence that Joseon used those chainmail mainly during Imjin war.

Most of late Joseon period soldier wear brigandine. This fact could be supported by book named Mangi Yoram-military section(만기요람 군정편, 萬機要覽)
    This book is published in 1808. Content of book is about military affairs and military administration of Joseon, which including main military affair system, how to train soldiers, and amount and variety of weapon and armor that each barracks had.
    Accoring to this book, armor that Hunryun dogam had is like this.

Total armor-3,830
    Iron brigandine-839
    Leather brigandine-2,892
    Slik armor-99

We could not found lamellar armor or chainmail armor. This means late Joseon army(especially Hunryun dogam army) mainly wear brigandine armor made of leather.

Pangbaesu was special unit of Joseon central army. They were mainly consisted of low class people because this was a very hard and dangerous work.(Because they were holding shield, they need to be always at front of army during battle, protecting their forces from enemy's attack) Total number of Pangbaesu at central army was 5,000 and they were devided into 5 groups, and one group need to be on duty during 4 months(This means spending time of one Pangbae group in military service was 2.4 months per year).

There is evidence that Pangbaesu was existed during Imjin war, but maybe it was small scale because there is a record of Joseon prime minister during Myeongjong period saying Pangbaesu's vacancy is almost two thirds. This means Pangbaesu was not so many left and suffering lack of soldiers compared to early Joseon period.

But we could maybe put this Pangbaesu unit in this mod, because anyway there is a evidence that Pangbaesu existed during Imjin war(though it was not so big scale) and above all, this unit looks cool

I was just reading where elite Jurchen nobility and later common jurchens would serve in Royal Korean bodyguard? do we have units for those as of yet? hmmm--

I asked this because Joseon's military system before Imjin war was so unique. Joseon's central army largely divided into 2 main type. First was Kabsa. Kabsa was elite infantry and most important central army. So Kabsa need to go to Hanyang when they were on duty, even though they live in country. When few month pass in Hanyang and time become to rotate with other Kabsa, then they go back to their home. This is off-duty Kabsa. However, because Kabsa was elite infantry, those off-duty Kabsa need to take test during they are in home. If their test score was not good, then he could not be Kabsa any more. So Kabsa need to train a lot of times even though they are off-duty. And because these Kabsa was very important army for national defense, Kabsa could be drafted for war even they are off-duty.
    Second army is 'Bunsang Jeonggun'. Bunsang Jeonggun could be translated as Rotating army. Rotating army was another important element of Joseon central army, and this army also need to go to Hanyang like Kabsa when they were on duty. Those army were divided into 8 groups and one group need to be on duty during 2 months. If group 1 come up to Hanyang and finish their duty, then group 2 go to Hanyang to perform military service, and after all group(8 group) finished their duty, then first group need to go to Hanyang again because this was rotation. Most of Rotating army was farmer, and because this army was central army of Joseon, bulky and powerful man might have been selected to become Rotating army. Rotating army could be devided into Rotating army infantry and Rotating army cavalry. Of course all army must buy weapon, horse, and armor themselves. So only farmers who are rich enough to buy horse, weapon and armor could be Rotating army cavalry. And because these cavalry was very important to national defense, these Rotating army calvary could be drafted for war even they are off-duty.

Because Kabsa and Bunsang Jeonggun(Rotating army)need to go up to Hanyang because they need to be on duty in Hanyang, but after their duty they returned to their home in country.
    So it will be correct to make kabsa and Rotating army unit recruitable not only in Hanyang but also in country. So if we make other version of Kabsa and Rotating army for country, then number of Joseon unit will be twice. For example, if we make unit 'kabsa', and in Hanyang this unit could be recruitable from building 'Kabsa test ground'. But because country have different building tech compared to Hanyang, we need to make country version of this unit-maybe 'Off-duty kabsa'-to make Kabsa unit recruitable at country.
    Thanks for explaining this. I should be able to get this to occur by using region resources. Let's say that I create a region resource called Seoul and assign it to the Hanyang region, and then create another region resource called Country and assign it to every other region. I can then assign the resource Seoul to the Kabsa and the resource Country to the Off Duty Kabsa; this will result in the Off Duty Kabsa not being recruitable in the Hanyang region but it will be recruitable everywhere else. I may also rename the "off duty" units "reserve", such as Kabsa Reserves since this sounds more like a military term.

It may be difficult to prevent the player building certain buildings outside of Hanyang. I can prevent the player from having multiple versions of a building but they could simply demolish the building in Hanyang and build it somewhere else.

Thanks for explaining this. I should be able to get this to occur by using region resources. Let's say that I create a region resource called Seoul and assign it to the Hanyang region, and then create another region resource called Country and assign it to every other region. I can then assign the resource Seoul to the Kabsa and the resource Country to the Off Duty Kabsa; this will result in the Off Duty Kabsa not being recruitable in the Hanyang region but it will be recruitable everywhere else. I may also rename the "off duty" units "reserve", such as Kabsa Reserves since this sounds more like a military term.

It may be difficult to prevent the player building certain buildings outside of Hanyang. I can prevent the player from having multiple versions of a building but they could simply demolish the building in Hanyang and build it somewhere else.

Then you means we need to make two versions of unit for Hanyang and country?

And how about building is already exist at Country or Hanyang at game start?
    Country tech and Hanyang military building tech is almost different except for some buildings.
    Maybe if we put some buildings already exist in region, we could solve this problem that building tech is different between regions.

For example
    Hanyang and country's military building is like this.

Maybe we could make underlined building already exist at Hanyang and Country so we could make players experience different tech at Hanyang and Country.
    Last edited by gookbbong; August 05, 2014 at 09:45 PM.

Then number of Joseon unit will be double because we need to make country version of this unit and Hanyang version...I think this will be too whirl.
    This is not only problem of Kabsa and Bunsang Jeonggun...because all of Joseon central army act like this!

wow..i knew history and authentic source =)

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

congratiolations for the release !!
    i have FOTS only. Can i still use this mod ?

Indefinitely Banned

No.

Is there a plan to make sheild motion?

As i played with Ming faction at custom battle, they use sheild and sword like katana.

Maybe Ming faction's sheild+sword unit's motion could be applied to Joseon's Pangbae infantry motion.

Indefinitely Banned

Is there a plan to make sheild motion?

As i played with Ming faction at custom battle, they use sheild and sword like katana.

Maybe Ming faction's sheild+sword unit's motion could be applied to Joseon's Pangbae infantry motion.
    I've made a sword and shield animation out of modified sabre animation - the moves aren't pretty, but it works. I've attached it on my post in page 2 of this thread.

I have some question for you gookbboong:

1. Is there actually a Shorter, perhaps mid- thigh high small jeonbuk, rather than the usual knee-down ones? You know, for hot summers or something? Do Joseon Soldiers wore such things?

2. Were Joseon Brigandine always made in one piece greatcoat that have elbow-long sleeves, as the characteristic that differentiates it with Chinese Brigandine? Do Joseon use Brigandine that have separate pauldron, arms, and skirt?

3. Are Chinese Swordmen helmets acceptable for Joseon unit? Or the brim is too wide?

4. Were Double armed Ssangeom Swordmen really existed in the Battlefield?
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; August 06, 2014 at 10:54 AM.

How about replacing the katana animations for the korean levy units with the sabre ones, or maybe combining them?