Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Download Morning Sun Version 1.0

Default Re: >>>Download<<< Morning Sun Version 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Why Not? Its like the use of Oversized Teppo: Heavy Gunners use it to shoot Slugs, whereas Fire Rockets used it to...Launch Fire Rockets. Its the same - After all, The weapon referred as Handmortar in the game is actually Handgonne adapted to lob grenades in the first place; Its usually used to shoot bullets.
    I think the handgonne now shoots grenades is because no one would use a handgonne to shoot bullets when the matchlock is available.

The Koreans initially received a matchlock from Japan as a gift, didn't understand what it was for, stored it away, then started mass producing them once the Japanese invaded and showed the Koreans how effective it was in battle. So I don't want the Koreas to use the handgonne to shoot bullets when they should be using matchlocks.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Thank you very much for this awesome mod. Is adding more melee defense make the battle last a little longer? I think battles end too quick.

Wats the dificulty level of this campaign ?

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Hi guys, I love this mod, the map is gorgoeus, this will definitely go into my "to play" list.

I would like to ask you how you did edit the map. We do want to edit the map for Rome II as well (we highly assume that TEd tools for Rome II will be released at some time in the future).

Could you help us out? Maybe providing a tutorial, telling us how you did it or join our team once the tools are released? I am currently working on the raw concept until TEd release.

My research thread: Rome II Extended Campaign Map (its not fully updated with my recent concept draw, but soon will be)

Please, PM me or post into our map thread if you would like to help us!

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

uanime5.
    I think I should take our conversation to the old thread, nowadays more as an Discussion and Suggestion thread, rather than here. In the meantime, I'll just try to test the suggested changes on my own; and if it works, I'll suggest to you to incorporate it to the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetairos View Post
    I would like to ask you how you did edit the map. We do want to edit the map for Rome II as well (we highly assume that TEd tools for Rome II will be released at some time in the future).

Could you help us out? Maybe providing a tutorial, telling us how you did it or join our team once the tools are released? I am currently working on the raw concept until TEd release.

My research thread: Rome II Extended Campaign Map (its not fully updated with my recent concept draw, but soon will be)

Please, PM me or post into our map thread if you would like to help us!
    Here's my guide explaining how to split a region in Shogun 2 using the official tools.

I'll try to make a guide explaining how to add new land masses as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    uanime5.
    I think I should take our conversation to the old thread, nowadays more as an Discussion and Suggestion thread, rather than here. In the meantime, I'll just try to test the suggested changes on my own; and if it works, I'll suggest to you to incorporate it to the mod.
    That's fine with me.

Hi.
    I played this version 1.0 and surprised that most of Joseon unit's arms was historically match with real Joseon unit during Imjin war.

But there were some several problems....

1. Joseon handgonne does not use arrow or bullet. Most of Joseon's small handgonne was desinged to fire arrow, but after Seungja-handgonne was desinged in 1575, most of Joseon's handgonne structure was changed to fire bullet because this was more effective than firing arrow with handgonne.
    Maybe this could be appear in game that before art named 'Ji Xiao Xin Shu' is researched, Joseon could only use handgonne. Handgonne unit that fire arrow could be recruited when game start in 1545, and after research of art 'Bukdo Je Seung Bangrack(Book about defending strategy at North)' handgonne could fire bullet. After research of
    'Ji Xiao Xin Shu', then Joseon could use matchlock.
    Maybe range and accuracy of weapon will be like this--->Arrow-firing handgonne<<Bullet-firing handgonne<<Matchlock.

2. Shape of Hwacha is strange. Maybe i think this is because hwacha unit is not completed yet.

3. Slingers throw bomb....:; wow.

4. Joseon those not used fire rocket during Imjin war.

5. Because Joseon bow is small than Japanese bow, there is a problem that bow string does not match with bow stave.

6. Joseon brigandine unit's arm and shoulder texture is slightly strange. Maybe this is problem of my graphic card, so could you please take a close screeshot of Joseon brigandine unit and Joseon royal gurad at front and back?

p.s. I think i could help make Joseon unit to use korean voice. So could you please tell me dialog that Joseon units need to say?
    And, can you change general's speech before battle? Because STW2 general's speech is most related to their own house(clan) story, these must be changed if Joseon general will speech.

Hello ! Greeeat great mod, really love your stuffs guys !

A quick review :

- Chosokabe bow' ashigaru have the "musket sound" bug.
    - When a rebellion occurs, most of units of the rebel army are samurais, which is pretty unbalenced : an ashigaru mix will be much more equilibrate.
    - In some case, in battle map, IA doesnt do anything for 10 min (occurs ONLY with your new factions)

Great work here! Do you have a Hokkaido mod planned for the future? =)

Quote Originally Posted by gookbbong View Post
    1. Joseon handgonne does not use arrow or bullet. Most of Joseon's small handgonne was desinged to fire arrow, but after Seungja-handgonne was desinged in 1575, most of Joseon's handgonne structure was changed to fire bullet because this was more effective than firing arrow with handgonne.
    Maybe this could be appear in game that before art named 'Ji Xiao Xin Shu' is researched, Joseon could only use handgonne. Handgonne unit that fire arrow could be recruited when game start in 1545, and after research of art 'Bukdo Je Seung Bangrack(Book about defending strategy at North)' handgonne could fire bullet. After research of
    'Ji Xiao Xin Shu', then Joseon could use matchlock.
    Maybe range and accuracy of weapon will be like this--->Arrow-firing handgonne<<Bullet-firing handgonne<<Matchlock.

I did make an arrow projectile that could turn into a bullet if you researched one of the technologies but forgot to assign it to this unit. As a result it shoots rockets like the Japanese Hand Mortar. I plan to fix this problem in the next release.

Also you mentioned making a tech tree for Korea. How much of this have you done?

2.Shape of Hwacha is strange. Maybe i think this is because hwacha unit is not completed yet.
    The hwacha model wasn't finished so I used the wooden cannon. However when I gave it the animations for the gattling gun it was displayed on its side.

When the hwacha model is finished I'll use it instead of the wooden cannon.

3.Slingers throw bomb....:; wow.

They're meant to be throwing rocks. I though slinger sounded better than rock thrower.

4. Joseon those not used fire rocket during Imjin war.

I coded this unit, then learned it was incorrect. So I removed it from the campaign but left it in the custom battle. Some artillery is also only available in custom battles.

5. Because Joseon bow is small than Japanese bow, there is a problem that bow string does not match with bow stave.

Shogun 2 uses two version of the bow. One is the regular bow with the strong, the other is an extended version without the string. Unfortunately I haven't found where the extended string is located.

6.Joseon brigandine unit's arm and shoulder texture is slightly strange. Maybe this is problem of my graphic card, so could you please take a close screeshot of Joseon brigandine unit and Joseon royal gurad at front and back?
    I had a lot of problems trying to get these animations correct as they weren't designed for units with large sleeves or sleeves with a pattern on them. They're like this because I couldn't make them more more seamlessly.

p.s. I think i could help make Joseon unit to use korean voice. So could you please tell me dialog that Joseon units need to say?
    And, can you change general's speech before battle? Because STW2 general's speech is most related to their own house(clan) story, these must be changed if Joseon general will speech.

I haven't check the audio yet so I don't know what you'd need to say. In the DB table "unit_stats_land" there's 8 types of audio (unit selected, retreating, engaging in battle, idle, enemy approaching, being charged, being flanked, and wavering) but I don't know which ones would need to be replaced. The audio that's played when a unit's selected will have to be replaced because the units say their name when selected.

The agents also speak when ordered to do something but I'll need to check how much of this is in English.

It may be possible to change the general's prebattle speeches by editing the sound files.
    Last edited by uanime5; August 03, 2014 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Love the idea of this mod and the units are brilliant. But WHY WHY WHY the need to divide Japan into heaps more provinces and pack it with so many factions that it drags the turn times down to a painful 45second crawl. This ruins it for me. Bring back the original provinces and number of Japanese factions, add Korea and China and it'd be perfect. !
    Agree with this guy. The mod looks amazing but I can't play it, the turn times are absurd.

Joseon Military skill tree is already completed. Also Joseon general skill tree was completed. But i did not added description.

Joseon buildings are half-way done, but i did not added description.

About units, I completed unit roster. As a result, there were some changes.

Final Roster of Joseon unit is like this.

▷ Light unit
    Hanyang bow militia
    Hanyang spear militia
    Hanyang handgonne
    Hanyang cavalry(bow cavalry)

Country bow militia
    Country spear militia
    Country handgonne
    Country cavalry(bow cavalry)
    Slingers

Yanggae bow militia
    Yanggae spear militia
    Yanggae flail militia
    Yanggae handgonne
    Yanggae bow calvary

Sokogun combat infantry
    Sokogun bow infantry
    Sokogun musketeer

Yanggae Sokogun combat infantry
    Yanggae Sokogun bow infantry
    Yanggae Sokogun musketeer

※Yanggae means Hamgyongdo, Pyongando
    ※Country unit and Yanggae, Hanyang unit are almost same but Yanggae, Hanyang unit is slightly more powerful than country unit.

▷Heavy unit
    Hanyang sword cavalry
    Country sword cavalry
    Flail cavalry

Dismounted Kabsa
    Mounted Kabsa(lance cavalry)

Dismounted Off-duty Kabsa
    Mounted Off-duty Kabsa(lance cavalry)

Dismounted Yanggae Kabsa
    Mounted Yanggae Kabsa(lance cavalry)
    Yanggae sword cavalry
    Yanggae flail cavalry

Dogam combat infantry
    Dogam elite archer
    Dogam elite musketeer

▷Monks
    Warrior Monk Spears
    Warrior Monk Archers
    Heavy Warrior Monk

▷Rightous army
    Korean Rightous Spearmen
    Korean Rightous Archers
    Korean Guerillas

▷Ship and Warship
    Small mang ship
    Medium mang ship
    Large mang ship

Hyup ship

Medium Panoksun
    Large Panoksun

Turtle ship

▷Hero
    Tiger hunter
    Peonjeon archer
    Shinrip's Hamgyeong calvary
    Dogam cavalry
    Joseon royal guard
    Tiger shooter

▷Siege unit
    Cheonja-cannon
    Jija-cannon
    Hwacha
    Bigyeok Jincholles

p.s Size of Panoksun is like Adakebune(Heavy bune), Not Sekibune. Size of Large Panoksun's size is slightly big than Adakebune.

p.s 2. Then what voices for Joseon unit is needed? Speech of general, voices when unit selected, retreating, engaging in battle, idle, enemy approaching, being charged, being flanked, and wavering? How could i hear all of these unit dialogue?
    Last edited by gookbbong; August 04, 2014 at 12:33 AM.

This is my proposal for Ainu , only 3d model/mesh and texture , New faction in Hokkaido,[Sakhalin,Manchuria,Kuril and Kamchatka Peninsula]

Icon

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Expanded Map included Sakhalin and Kuril Islands

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mhdsafwanindera; August 04, 2014 at 12:36 AM.

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

I also think korean armors need to be changed a little bit.
    Heavy units of korea all wear brigandine except Loyal guards...This is not only monotonous but also historically not accurate.

As i searched some more information of korean armor during Imjin war, most of book or thesis says that korean army wear lamellar armor more than brigandine armor during Imjin war.
    But in game there is no lamellar armor unit for Joseon...heavy unit all wear brigandine. As considerable number of armor in korea was lamellar armor before Imjin war and after Imjin war brigandine substituted lamellar armor, most of Joseon's early heavy unit(like Kabsa, and early cavalry) might wear lamellar armor. Late Heavy unit like Dogam musketeer, Elite combat unit(Dogam combat infantry), and flail cavalry might wear brigandine than lamellar armor.

I will search about how korean lamellar armor look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhathsk View Post
    Agree with this guy. The mod looks amazing but I can't play it, the turn times are absurd.
    Naw absurd would probably be playing vanilla again and wishing you had a few more provinces in Japan and a glimpse of Ming or Korea..... :p

Heavy units of korea all wear brigandine except Loyal guards...This is not only monotonous but also historically not accurate.

As i searched some more information of korean armor during Imjin war, most of book or thesis says that korean army wear lamellar armor more than brigandine armor during Imjin war.
    But in game there is no lamellar armor unit for Joseon...heavy unit all wear brigandine. As considerable number of armor in korea was lamellar armor before Imjin war and after Imjin war brigandine substituted lamellar armor, most of Joseon's early heavy unit(like Kabsa, and early cavalry) might wear lamellar armor. Late Heavy unit like Dogam musketeer, Elite combat unit(Dogam combat infantry), and flail cavalry might wear brigandine than lamellar armor.

Gookbbong- would there be any sort of way we could divide up Joseon i know not historical but for gameplay? political parties, disrgruntled princes or powerful gentry etc.?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Yes because I can't exclude factions from this.
    Could you then change the "event wording" to something different? I.e. the Japanese find your Korean faction very intimidating and they decide to set aside their differences and attack you en masse or something? Which actually makes more sense than ALL clans attacking a single clan?
    Well, doesn't matter. The wording of the event is pretty open; it's not like an important thing.

Anyway, Can this mod be used with Darth's mod?
    Last edited by alhoon; August 04, 2014 at 08:10 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Joseon Military skill tree is already completed. Also Joseon general skill tree was completed. But i did not added description.

Joseon buildings are half-way done, but i did not added description.
    I'm looking forwards to the completed list.

Final Roster of Joseon unit is like this.

▷ Light unit
    Hanyang bow militia
    Hanyang spear militia
    Hanyang handgonne
    Hanyang cavalry(bow cavalry)

Country bow militia
    Country spear militia
    Country handgonne
    Country cavalry(bow cavalry)
    Slingers

Yanggae bow militia
    Yanggae spear militia
    Yanggae flail militia
    Yanggae handgonne
    Yanggae bow calvary

Sokogun combat infantry
    Sokogun bow infantry
    Sokogun musketeer

Yanggae Sokogun combat infantry
    Yanggae Sokogun bow infantry
    Yanggae Sokogun musketeer

※Yanggae means Hamgyongdo, Pyongando
    ※Country unit and Yanggae, Hanyang unit are almost same but Yanggae, Hanyang unit is slightly more powerful than country unit.
    I need more information regarding how these units are different.

• The Yanggae can only be recruited in Hamgyongdo, Pyongando (northern regions of Korea). How are they different from other units? Are they stronger or do they dress differently?
    • I'm guessing the Hanyang units can only be recruited in the capital Hanseong (Seoul). They're also more powerful than the country units.
    • I'm guessing the Country units can only be recruited in regions other than Hamgyongdo, Pyongando, or Hanseoul.

What armour does the Sokogun wear? Is it paper armour?
    What weapons does the Sokogun combat infantry use? Is it a hwandao (sword), hwandao and shield, or a hyeopdo (polearm)?

Regarding weapons I plan to add an axe to this mod so I can make Korean axemen.

▷Heavy unit
    Hanyang sword cavalry
    Country sword cavalry
    Flail cavalry

Dismounted Kabsa
    Mounted Kabsa(lance cavalry)

Dismounted Off-duty Kabsa
    Mounted Off-duty Kabsa(lance cavalry)

Dismounted Yanggae Kabsa
    Mounted Yanggae Kabsa(lance cavalry)
    Yanggae sword cavalry
    Yanggae flail cavalry

Dogam combat infantry
    Dogam elite archer
    Dogam elite musketeer
    What armour are the heavy units going to wear? Is it all brigandine, all lamellar, or a mixture?

How is the Off-duty Kabsa different from the Kabsa?

Is the dismounted Kabsa an archer wearing brigandine?

Can the Dogam units be recruited anywhere or only in HanSeong?

What weapons does the Dogam combat infantry use? Is it a hwandao (sword), hwandao and shield, or a hyeopdo (polearm)?

▷Monks
    Warrior Monk Spears
    Warrior Monk Archers
    Heavy Warrior Monk

▷Rightous army
    Korean Rightous Spearmen
    Korean Rightous Archers
    Korean Guerillas
    No problem with these units as they're similar to the existing units.

▷Ship and Warship
    Small mang ship
    Medium mang ship
    Large mang ship

Hyup ship

Medium Panoksun
    Large Panoksun

Turtle ship
    Can you provide me with a picture of the mang and hyup.

▷Hero
    Tiger hunter
    Peonjeon archer
    Shinrip's Hamgyeong calvary
    Dogam cavalry
    Joseon royal guard
    Tiger shooter
    I've added the Tiger Hunter and Joseon royal guard so these units aren't a problem.

Does the Peonjeon archer look like the Kabsa?

I have an elite cavalry lancer I can turn into the Shinrip's Hamgyeong calvary.

Is the Dogam cavalry a horse archer with a flail? If so I can turn the Korean Pyongan Flail Cavalry into the the Dogram cavalry.

Is the Tiger Shooter as Tiger Hunter with a matchlock?

▷Siege unit
    Cheonja-cannon
    Jija-cannon
    Hwacha
    Bigyeok Jincholles
    I'll try to make the Cheonja (heaven) and Jija (earth) cannons. I may be able to use artillery from ETW or retexture the wooden cannon. The hwacha also isn't a problem.

What is the Bigyeok Jincholles?

p.s Size of Panoksun is like Adakebune(Heavy bune), Not Sekibune. Size of Large Panoksun's size is slightly big than Adakebune.
    I'm unsure how easy it will be to make a new model for the ships but I will try to make the Adakebune bigger.

p.s 2. Then what voices for Joseon unit is needed? Speech of general, voices when unit selected, retreating, engaging in battle, idle, enemy approaching, being charged, being flanked, and wavering? How could i hear all of these unit dialogue?
    The best way to hear these is to start a custom battle and move one unit closer to the enemy units. This should give you the idle, enemy approaching, and wavering speaches. if you give your opponent only cavalry they'll charge at you and attack your flanks.

The other way is to extract the mp3 files from the sound.pack and listen to them. if they're in English then you don't need to record them. In the UK version the unit's dialogue is in the UK/actor folder. Unsure where they are in other versions of Shogun 2. It's also likely there's a file controlling when different audio is used but I haven't found it yet.

Interestingly there also seems to be some audio files called "s2_pbs_id_enemy_other_gaijin_asian_hated" and "s2_pbs_id_enemy_other_gaijin_asian_respected". As there's separate speeches when fighting against European it seems that at some point CA may have planned for Japan to fight against other countries. Listening to these speeches or reading their subtitles may prove useful..

Quote Originally Posted by mhdsafwanindera View Post
    This is my proposal for Ainu , only 3d model/mesh and texture , New faction in Hokkaido,[Sakhalin,Manchuria,Kuril and Kamchatka Peninsula]
    Thanks for the icons, I'll see if I can a model for these units.

One solution could be to add more variety to the colour of the brigandine, for example having foot archers wear blue, cavalry wear yellow, and melee infantry wear red.

I was talking to another researcher about Korean armour and the evidence seems to indicate that brigandine was mainly used during this period but the late Joseon soldiers wore lamellar and chainmail because it was lighter than brigandine. Though there was evidence that lamellar and chainmail was used by some units, so I could have some units wear armour other than brigandine. I'll probably give these units lamellar because there's some Japanese lamellar I can use whereas chainmail will require some retexturing.

He also provided me with some images of this armour. Below is a picture of a Pangbaesu (팽배수), a Joseon soldier that wore swaejagap (chainmail) or iron lamellar armor. They were the backbone of the late Joseon army.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Could you then change the "event wording" to something different? I.e. the Japanese find your Korean faction very intimidating and they decide to set aside their differences and attack you en masse or something? Which actually makes more sense than ALL clans attacking a single clan?
    Well, doesn't matter. The wording of the event is pretty open; it's not like an important thing.

Anyway, Can this mod be used with Darth's mod?
    Events aren't faction or culture specific so I can't change the wording for a specific factions or culture. Though I can change the text displayed for all factions.

I combined this mod with darthmod so it does many of Darth mod's features.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bow rider, spear rider.jpg   ImageProxy.mvc.jpg   soldier.jpg   museum.jpg  
    Last edited by uanime5; August 04, 2014 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mhdsafwanindera View Post

Icon

Expanded Map included Sakhalin and Kuril Islands

The problem is the Ainu were never unified, during this period they were just petty chiefdoms. Only twice from the 1500s to the 1800s did more than one tribe unite to rebel against the Yamato-Japanese.

As for the units. The last two are of Emishi from the 4th-8th century AD. The Emishi were from Tohoku and Eastern Japan, the armor they wore were from Yamato. And they would eventually become the Japanese that now inhabit Tohoku. They aren't that related to the Ainu of the 1500s.

The armor that the Ainu would have worn would have been like this:

I'm not sure about the red headed woman without a facial tattoo. As for the names, katana, yumi and yari are all Japanese. And the Ainu didn't have a katana, and not all Japanese swords are katana. The Ainu sword that men carrier are emush and the knives aretomi. I believe the Ainu word for bow is
    ku. Spear, I have no idea.

And the small bow you posted if only used in the dance, not for hunting or warfare. The Japanese Yamato and Ainu have used the long bow since the earliest times. However I believe the Yamato developed a an asymetircal one by the 4th century, whereas the Ainu in Hokkiado and the Kurils had one that was more centered.

However I don't think this is the right place to discuss this topic.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Yes, I agree, we should focus to The Imjin War - no need for the Ainu for now.

EDIT: uanime5, how if you incorporate The Scabbard Mod for Japanese Units?:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=121954678
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; August 04, 2014 at 11:00 AM.