Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Download Morning Sun Version 1.0

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Default Re: >>>Download<<< Morning Sun Version 1.0

The choices I have for projectiles are limited. I could try making a bolt model but the sounds are pretty much bow, musket, or cannon. Would a bow launch audio and impact be more accurate?
    Yes, that would be better.
    They're a Chinese unit based on the Japanese samurai, so they're using a Japanese Katana. I believe they were created to fight against the Wako.

I guess this would be more obvious if I'd written the description.
    Ah, I don't know that
    This is pretty much the only lance in the game. Would a Japanese, Korean, or Ming spear be better?
    Ming Spear would be better.
    I haven't been able to get Fire Lances to work any better. It would be less noticeable if the trail was longer.
    AFAIK, Fire Lances are more like Single-Shot Flamethrower/Shotgun - In principle its like a reversed rocket on a stick, one uses the flame from the nozzle to burn and shoot fiery shrapnel at their enemy. So the projectile would be: category missile
    shot_type either flaming arrow, bullet, or fragment?
    projectile_model projectile_fragment01
    trail additive_fire_arrow_trail
    projectile_number around 6-8
    effective range should be low
    spread should be high, 10 maybe?
    damage should be low, around 0.4-0.5?
    penetration low
    incendiary low
    weather_effect high
    projectile_trail fire_arrow_trail

I don't have a handgun model.
    Handmortar model can be used

1>Improve The Korean Unitpart Models Textures - They are not par compared to Ming China Textures
    These units are from another mod and as no one on this team is as talented we can't make textures that are as good.
    Hmmm...Yes, that's a real problem...for the meantime, I think the Ming Brigandine Parts can be used by Armoured Korean units too.

7>Give Korean Siege Mortars. I don't know what this is. If you're referring to the Hand Morats Korea has this, they're just listed under guns, rather than siege and special.
    Something Like This in the old Morning Sun Thread:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Well, It need not to be looks exactly like that...that kind of mounting looks very unstable...

9>Add more Hat variety for Korean Musketeer The only suitable hats are one from another mod and the two vanilla versions that were only made for cutscenes. Given that the one from another mod has lods 1-4 (uses less memory if you move far away from it) adding more variety will be difficult.
    2 more Korean Hats the other Korean Units wear?

The lower part of cloth torso is too short so restexuring it won' work. I used the monk coats because they were the only thing that looked correct.
    Ouch, You're right - there is no belted model that is knee-long, but all long coats are open on the front. The closest thing I could think of is alpha channeled, retextured campaign_buddhist_priest01 and advisor01

Because in addition to researching all the Korean history I'd have to research who controlled where in Japan. As this mod has over 150 Japanese factions this would be very time consuming (even if many factions have been destroyed).
    Maybe you can ask Sekigahara Campaign Historical Researchers - I know that they wanted more clans but they ran out of provinces to assign to...
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; July 31, 2014 at 10:29 AM.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Congratulations for releasing the first campaign map mod since Medieval II!

Its not hard for the 1590 regions but you're now talking maybe half or less of what we have currently (not to take for granted U's blood, sweat and tears on all those regions i begged him to carve out in first place)...it does help in the sense that we can research Nurhaci for the jurchens in the same time frame instead of trying to go the 40 years prior to his arrival but i also like the thought of trying to make different Jurchen entities as well which would not happen in 1590--

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Congratulations for such an ambitious mod , amazing stuff that you guys did ! thank you so much for sharing it !

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

congratulations for your release
    maybe this release can finally kill the myth that shogun2 is badly modable
    Check out my AOR and balancing Mod for Third Age Total War

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

great need to try! THANKS ALOT!!!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

ah where do i install ??

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Will there be an steam workshop version? I'm not sure how to play this mod, since Korea is disabled as an playable faction, do I have to literally play as the Japanese clans in 1545 and unite all of Japan and then invade Korea? Didn't the Japanese Clans form an league and then sent their army to attack Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Love the idea of this mod and the units are brilliant. But WHY WHY WHY the need to divide Japan into heaps more provinces and pack it with so many factions that it drags the turn times down to a painful 45second crawl. This ruins it for me. Bring back the original provinces and number of Japanese factions, add Korea and China and it'd be perfect. !
    I originally made a mod that added more regions and factions to Japan, then decided to add Korea to it. If you want fewer factions then make a mod in which there are fewer factions.

Quote Originally Posted by kt1989 View Post
    Could you please upload another source. Google download is a bit painful for me even with VPN. Many thanks!
    Where do you recommend that I upload it.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    AFAIK, Fire Lances are more like Single-Shot Flamethrower/Shotgun - In principle its like a reversed rocket on a stick, one uses the flame from the nozzle to burn and shoot fiery shrapnel at their enemy. So the projectile would be: category missile
    shot_type either flaming arrow, bullet, or fragment?
    projectile_model projectile_fragment01
    trail additive_fire_arrow_trail
    projectile_number around 6-8
    effective range should be low
    spread should be high, 10 maybe?
    damage should be low, around 0.4-0.5?
    penetration low
    incendiary low
    weather_effect high
    projectile_trail fire_arrow_trail
    Okay I'll try that.

Handmortar model can be used
    I already have a Korean unit that uses the handmortar, so that won't work.

Hmmm...Yes, that's a real problem...for the meantime, I think the Ming Brigandine Parts can be used by Armoured Korean units too.
    We made new brigandine parts for Korea because the Korean brigandine was different to the Chinese brigandine. For example the Korean brigandine had sleeves but the Chinese brigandine didn't.

Something Like This in the old Morning Sun Thread:

Well, It need not to be looks exactly like that...that kind of mounting looks very unstable...
    I could try coding that but the closest thing in game is the wooden cannon.

Maybe you can ask Sekigahara Campaign Historical Researchers - I know that they wanted more clans but they ran out of provinces to assign to...
    They asked me about using my expanded mod and I said they could use it. So I could wait and see what they produce.

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post
    ah where do i install ??
    In your Shogun 2 folder. If you have steam it will be in your steam folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Will there be an steam workshop version? I'm not sure how to play this mod, since Korea is disabled as an playable faction, do I have to literally play as the Japanese clans in 1545 and unite all of Japan and then invade Korea? Didn't the Japanese Clans form an league and then sent their army to attack Korea?
    I plan to upload it to Steam but this mod may be too big.

To play as Korea just start the Chosukabe tutorial.

You don't need to conquer all of Japan before attacking Korea but I recommend making sure you control a large part of it because you'll need to attack with a large army.
    Last edited by uanime5; August 01, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

finally its released...its a great feeling,cant wait to playing it by myself.

@uanime5

you said you have trouble to upload the mod on steam,i dont know whether thats helpful but, a lot of really big Skyrim-Mods are uploaded on Steam,and when they are too big,then they split the mod in parts and upload
    them separately,so : Morning Sun Mod Pt.1 , Pt.2 , Pt.3 etc. maybe thats possible for a Shogun2-Mod too ?

i'm enjoying this mod a lot, but can you please remove the bodyguard's Horos? at least when they dismount? thanks!

This means that in this mode of preservation Expanded Yapaniyas will not work?

Quote Originally Posted by manolops3 View Post
    you said you have trouble to upload the mod on steam,i dont know whether thats helpful but, a lot of really big Skyrim-Mods are uploaded on Steam,and when they are too big,then they split the mod in parts and upload them separately,so : Morning Sun Mod Pt.1 , Pt.2 , Pt.3 etc. maybe thats possible for a Shogun2-Mod too ?
    I am able to split this mod up but for some reason steam won't accept one of these packs. So it will take some time to find the problem file.

Also how large are the Skyrim mods? It would be useful to know how large I can make the mod packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshin Do View Post
    i'm enjoying this mod a lot, but can you please remove the bodyguard's Horos? at least when they dismount? thanks!
    Is there a guide explaining how to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeda2014 View Post
    This means that in this mode of preservation Expanded Yapaniyas will not work?
    This mod adds Korea to my Expanded Japan mod.
    Last edited by uanime5; August 01, 2014 at 06:15 PM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

What a wonderful mod
    !! Thank for your effort. Well i think perhaps you can add some Japanese army to korea as partiot rebels in original S2tw which may be more challenging and interesting for korea players. Also since Chinese army really play an important role in this war as Korea`s protector, i suggest giving a fort in the north of korea to china to recruit its army.adding a building which may allow korea recruit Chinese warriors with high cost just like Nanbu musketeer in ori S2TW is also a good idea i think .Hoping for your consideration and thanks for the mod again!!:-)

@uanime5 in case you ignore the comment😀

ask Darth about removing Horos, he did it for his mod or atleast added a different mod that removed them

Everything in this mod is awesome. Many thanks to the modders and testers for all their hard work.

And drat, I was planning on taking a look at animations to see if help is needed there but looks like that issue has been resolved.
    Last edited by IGdood; August 02, 2014 at 02:39 AM.

I´m promoting this mod and Constantinus on my youtube channel ,with first a vote video,to decid in what language my subscribers want to see me a campaign .
    My channel content is 50/50 english/portuguese.
    Leave you´re vote if you wish.

I had ten of people asking about this mod after some hours and you can see i left all the links for this mod on the text description.
    Keep the good work.
    Last edited by foot soldier; August 02, 2014 at 04:29 AM.

is there a way to change the campaign difficulty for a Korean campaign battle difficulty can be done in game settings i no

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I already have a Korean unit that uses the handmortar, so that won't work.
    Why Not? Its like the use of Oversized Teppo: Heavy Gunners use it to shoot Slugs, whereas Fire Rockets used it to...Launch Fire Rockets. Its the same - After all, The weapon referred as Handmortar in the game is actually Handgonne adapted to lob grenades in the first place; Its usually used to shoot bullets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin Do View Post
    One couldn't make Horo to just disappear when dismounted - its either worn or not at all; Mounted or Dismounted.
    It is a part of variantmodels, the back part.
    Well, General Bodyguards without Horo are bland and boring...I rather like what Sekigahara Mod Bodyguards have in their backs...Giant Fans, Giant Tassels, Giant Wings, Giant Crescent, and of course, Giant Horo
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; August 02, 2014 at 10:05 AM.