Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Download Morning Sun Version 1.0

Default Re: >>>Download<<< Morning Sun Version 1.0

by the way, a kick ass mod

Civis

its a great mod!!! i'm really enjoying the campagne. i know its not historically accurate but could you maybe add the ming dynasty and the portugese to the grand campagne just to get a new type of gameplay.
    you right about portugal with their few units. could they have a few european units and rest would be from africa or korean or japonese auxillaies?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    no love for the Beta testers lol
    Sorry about that. I copied Black Knights team roster from the preview but forgot that you joined afterwards as a beta tester. I've added you to the list.
    Last edited by uanime5; July 30, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quick question. How do you install the mod? Is there an automatic installer which puts every file into the right folders, or is there readme that explains the process?

Amazing mod!

It's just two zip files you open up and then extract the pack files into the data folder. Then you activate then both in the mod manager, it's quite easy. Both have Korea at the start of them.

Also, I noticed that the Josean's Pyongyang Flail Cavalry they are a bit odd. They have stats which involve ranged combat and can skirmish, but they don't have fire at will or a bow icon when mousing over people.

ok so far i have to say , even though i have played this mod as a tester i still friggin love it as this release, so for the rest of the summer i am gonna play it while watching old samurai movies on netfix lol

Wow, dling this is so much easier than merging the expanded map + darthmod, which I failed miserably at attempting to do. Thanks.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    ok so far i have to say , even though i have played this mod as a tester i still friggin love it as this release, so for the rest of the summer i am gonna play it while watching old samurai movies on netfix lol
    yep watched 13 assassins couple weeks ago for the millionth time then Kagemusha, the horde and finally two documentaries on Chinggis and Timur......
    My Date in beta period was freaking awesome-- had 30 original vassals...so I was happy camper-

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Thanks!
    +rep

Question:
    If you play Korea, do you still have to deal with RDivide?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    It's just two zip files you open up and then extract the pack files into the data folder. Then you activate then both in the mod manager, it's quite easy. Both have Korea at the start of them.

Also, I noticed that the Josean's Pyongyang Flail Cavalry they are a bit odd. They have stats which involve ranged combat and can skirmish, but they don't have fire at will or a bow icon when mousing over people.
    I think I may have assigned some of the wrong abilities to the Pyongyang Flail Cavalry and the Korean Hamgyong Lancers. It shouldn't cause too many problems though I'll try to fix it in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Thanks!
    +rep

Question:
    Yes because I can't exclude factions from this.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Tested The Custom Battles so far. I'll List my findings here:

BUGS

1>Drawn, Extended Composite Bows haven't been properly modeled, The strings floats farther than the Bows actual length
    2>Crossbow Projectiles uses the model, launch audio, launch effect, and impact of Musket Balls
    3>Chinese Iron Armored Swordsmen uses Tachi, not Dao
    4>Chinese Lancers uses Boshin 19th Century Western Lances.
    5>Fire Lances shoots Rockets
    6>Chinese Pikemen have no Spear Wall Ability
    7>Chinese General uses Sword Animation rather than Spear Animation, meaning his Guan Dao not used in combat.
    8>Korean Handgunners carries Muskets, not Handgonnes
    9>Korean Flail Cavalries uses wrong animation - Sword, not Spear Animation.
    10>Crossbowmen uses Handmortar Animations
    11>At medium distance, Some stretching on the footheels of Chinese Brigandine Units.

SUGGESTIONS

1>Improve The Korean Unitpart Models Textures - They are not par compared to Ming China Textures
    2>Make a Sword-and-Buckler animation using Katana Idle Animation, but using Sabre combat animation.
    3>Make a Handgonne animation that makes secondary weapon dissapear in ranged animation, but primary weapon dissapear in melee animation; giving the illusion of the men using the same weapon for both, rather than carrying second handgonne just for clubbing.
    4>Reduce Ammo and Number of Chinese Rocket Cavalry
    5>Black Monk Coats on many Korean Units looks too bulky - A retextured cloth torso would be better.
    6>Give Hwacha a little more ammo, change launch audio to flight or just empty it, add a bit spread.
    7>Give Korean Siege Mortars.
    8>Make a Crossbowman animation using breechloader rifle combat fragment.
    9>Add more Hat variety for Korean Musketeer

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Yes because I can't exclude factions from this.
    How about setting RD requirements at ridiculously high value so nobody would trigger RD at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Also I am aware that it's very easy to win when playing as Korea, however I cannot balance a 40 region faction with a 2 region faction.
    Why not set the Mod start at 1590? In Effect - Most of Japan's Clans of the time were either Vassals or Allies of The Toyotomi Kanpaku, so Korean Player would not need to wait tens to hundreds of turns until a Japanese Clan get strong enough to invade...

EDIT: Here's an animation table for Ming units; Haven't tested it yet though, but it should work.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; July 30, 2014 at 07:12 PM.

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

How i convert a japanese fort to a korean fort? surviving in japan as korea is nearly impossible as i cant recruit anything at all.

I can seem to download the second part. It gets to arond 41% and either stops or goes back to 10%.

upd: apparently using a different browser fixed the problem.
    Last edited by GuyD; July 31, 2014 at 03:31 AM.

It is 5:22 am here and I have been playing this awesome mod the whole time since it got released. So much FUNNN!!
    If I have to suggest a thing, the campaign somehow takes too long for Japan to declare war on Korea. So if the unification of Japan happens a little faster,
    the unified Japan will declare war on Korea not only because it is historically accurate but also, so that the AI (Japan) could estimate Korea's force.
    Hope you understand me because my brain is not functioning at all from lack of sleep hahahaha

hey very good mod, i'm enjoying it a lot.
    i've found that the Shimazu Katana Samurai unit has the card of the Bow Ashigaru, but the generic samurai katana has it right.
    also i would like to ask if the mod changes the models of castles, or the koreans have japanese vanilla forts? i mean visually in the battlemap, i know in campaign it is changed to korean buildings.
    thanks and keep it up!

Protector's Avatar Senator

I got a vanilla STW 2 version and I did this:
    "... just two zip files you open up and then extract the pack files into the data folder. Then you activate then both in the mod manager, it's quite easy. Both have Korea at the start of them."

Please be so kind and tell me the secret to get the full mod because these two files korea.pack and korea_map_units.pack are just changing the clan color and adding the Korea map.

It seems to me almost still vanilla, I still miss the full Morning Sun mod features, including new unit cards, different campaigns ... and so on

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    1>Drawn, Extended Composite Bows haven't been properly modeled, The strings floats farther than the Bows actual length
    This is probably because the string on the Japanese bow is longer because the bow is bigger. Unfortunately I don't know how to change this.

2>Crossbow Projectiles uses the model, launch audio, launch effect, and impact of Musket Balls
    The choices I have for projectiles are limited. I could try making a bolt model but the sounds are pretty much bow, musket, or cannon. Would a bow launch audio and impact be more accurate?

3>Chinese Iron Armored Swordsmen uses Tachi, not Dao
    They're a Chinese unit based on the Japanese samurai, so they're using a Japanese Katana. I believe they were created to fight against the Wako.

I guess this would be more obvious if I'd written the description.

4>Chinese Lancers uses Boshin 19th Century Western Lances.
    This is pretty much the only lance in the game. Would a Japanese, Korean, or Ming spear be better?

5>Fire Lances shoots Rockets
    I haven't been able to get this to work any better. It would be less noticeable if the trail was longer.

6>Chinese Pikemen have no Spear Wall Ability
    Not sure why I missed them when all the other units with spears got this ability.

7>Chinese General uses Sword Animation rather than Spear Animation, meaning his Guan Dao not used in combat.
    I gave the general the same animations as the bodyguard. I can easily fix this.

8>Korean Handgunners carries Muskets, not Handgonnes
    I'll rename them "Korean Levy Musketeers" as I don't have a handgun model.

9>Korean Flail Cavalries uses wrong animation - Sword, not Spear Animation.
    I can easily fix this.

10>Crossbowmen uses Handmortar Animations
    There isn't a crossbow animation and I can't make new animations, so I have to use what's available. I'll try your beachload suggestion.

11>At medium distance, Some stretching on the footheels of Chinese Brigandine Units.
    This is probably due to a vertex being assigned to the wrong bone.

1>Improve The Korean Unitpart Models Textures - They are not par compared to Ming China Textures
    These units are from another mod and as no one on this team is as talented we can't make textures that are as good.

2>Make a Sword-and-Buckler animation using Katana Idle Animation, but using Sabre combat animation.

3>Make a Handgonne animation that makes secondary weapon dissapear in ranged animation, but primary weapon dissapear in melee animation; giving the illusion of the men using the same weapon for both, rather than carrying second handgonne just for clubbing.
    I don't know how to make new animations. While file are they contained in?

4>Reduce Ammo and Number of Chinese Rocket Cavalry
    I've reduced the number from 80 to 60 ad the number of missiles from 20 to 15.

5>Black Monk Coats on many Korean Units looks too bulky - A retextured cloth torso would be better.
    The lower part of cloth torso is too short so restexuring it won' work. I used the monk coats because they were the only thing that looked correct.

6>Give Hwacha a little more ammo, change launch audio to flight or just empty it, add a bit spread.
    Given how destructive the Hwacha can be I don't want to give it too much ammo. Is there a way I could make the gattling gun animation form more slowly?

The other changes are no problem.

7>Give Korean Siege Mortars.
    I don't know what this is. If you're referring to the Hand Morats Korea has this, they're just listed under guns, rather than siege and special.

8>Make a Crossbowman animation using breechloader rifle combat fragment.
    Okay I'll try this.

9>Add more Hat variety for Korean Musketeer
    The only suitable hats are one from another mod and the two vanilla versions that were only made for cutscenes. Given that the one from another mod has lods 1-4 (uses less memory if you move far away from it) adding more variety will be difficult.

How about setting RD requirements at ridiculously high value so nobody would trigger RD at all?
    I need RD to trigger for the Japanese clans. It also encourages Japanese clans to unite against Korea if Korea conquers too much of Japan.

Why not set the Mod start at 1590? In Effect - Most of Japan's Clans of the time were either Vassals or Allies of The Toyotomi Kanpaku, so Korean Player would not need to wait tens to hundreds of turns until a Japanese Clan get strong enough to invade...
    Because in addition to researching all the Korean history I'd have to research who controlled where in Japan. As this mod has over 150 Japanese factions this would be very time consuming (even if many factions have been destroyed).

EDIT: Here's an animation table for Ming units; Haven't tested it yet though, but it should work.
    Okay I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by john duca View Post
    How i convert a japanese fort to a korean fort? surviving in japan as korea is nearly impossible as i cant recruit anything at all.
    Part of the strategic element is being able to transport units to where they're needed. After all if the Japanese could recruit Japanese units in Korean then the Japanese supply problems would be non-existent and it would make trying to conquer Korea very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoddogas View Post
    If I have to suggest a thing, the campaign somehow takes too long for Japan to declare war on Korea. So if the unification of Japan happens a little faster,
    the unified Japan will declare war on Korea not only because it is historically accurate but also, so that the AI (Japan) could estimate Korea's force.
    That will only happen if I make the AI more aggressive. Though this may make it more difficult to play as a Japanese faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshin Do View Post
    i've found that the Shimazu Katana Samurai unit has the card of the Bow Ashigaru, but the generic samurai katana has it right.
    One of the mods I added changed the appearance of this unit. I'll have to check this unit.

also i would like to ask if the mod changes the models of castles, or the koreans have japanese vanilla forts? i mean visually in the battlemap, i know in campaign it is changed to korean buildings.
    thanks and keep it up!
    The campaign models are currently the vanilla models as we don't have any other models we can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    I got a vanilla STW 2 version and I did this:
    "... just two zip files you open up and then extract the pack files into the data folder. Then you activate then both in the mod manager, it's quite easy. Both have Korea at the start of them."

Please be so kind and tell me the secret to get the full mod because these two files korea.pack and korea_map_units.pack are just changing the clan color and adding the Korea map.

It seems to me almost still vanilla, I still miss the full Morning Sun mod features, including new unit cards, different campaigns ... and so on
    The only the new units (Korea and Ming) have new unit cards. The different campaign is the vanilla campaign with more regions, factions, and Korea.
    Last edited by uanime5; July 31, 2014 at 07:12 AM.

Love the idea of this mod and the units are brilliant. But WHY WHY WHY the need to divide Japan into heaps more provinces and pack it with so many factions that it drags the turn times down to a painful 45second crawl. This ruins it for me. Bring back the original provinces and number of Japanese factions, add Korea and China and it'd be perfect. !

Could you please upload another source. Google download is a bit painful for me even with VPN. Many thanks!