Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Quote Originally Posted by mikedelbridge View Post
    Hi all. Have recently come to RS3, absolutely love the mod. It's made one of my all time favourite games that much better (immensely so). I am playing a 1-turn campaign on M/M difficulty, I am a bunch of turns in and have just notice that I am not struggling with cash flow, I have a ton of it. I checked that the script was running correctly, just wondering if this is normal and cash flow will get harder as I expand or if something is slightly off?
    Try playing on Hard campaign next, it gives a better balance imo, also some Factions obviously have better economy potential than others but the thing to take note of with this mod as opposed to others is that generally campaigns get tougher as you progress.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Try playing on Hard campaign next, it gives a better balance imo, also some Factions obviously have better economy potential than others but the thing to take note of with this mod as opposed to others is that generally campaigns get tougher as you progress.

Ok awesome, will give that a bash. Would you suggest Hard battles as well as campaign?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedelbridge View Post
    Ok awesome, will give that a bash. Would you suggest Hard battles as well as campaign?

Cheers.
    Battle difficulty is very much a personal choice on whether you want longer "real time" battles by creating greater resistance in favour of the AI, just to give you an idea(iirc) > Easy = +4 bonus to attack & morale to player > Medium = even playing field > Hard = +4 bonus to attack & morale to the AI > Very Hard = +7 bonus to attack & morale to the AI. I play H/VH mostly although sometimes I'll play H/H in my Let's Plays on my youtube TW channel to save a little "real time" but even then the battles can be long. I would also suggest you use Large Unit sizes as Huge tends to exaggerate pathfinding issues, especially in City/siege battles & can contribute to lag.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 16, 2020 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Typo

Battle difficulty is very much a personal choice on whether you want longer "real time" battles by creating greater resistance in favour of the AI, just to give you an idea(iirc) > Easy = +4 bonus to attack & morale to player > Medium = even playing field > Hard = +4 bonus to attack & morale to the AI > Very Hard = +7 bonus to attack & morale to the AI. I play H/VH mostly although sometimes I'll play H/H in my Let's Plays on my youtube TW channel to save a little "real time" but even then the battles can be long. I would also suggest you use Large Unit sizes as Huge tends to exaggerate pathfinding issues, especially in City/siege battles & can contribute to lag.
    Ok thanks, this is awesome. Really appreciate the help. I have always used Huge sizes but will give large a shot for the sake of less lagginess and the dam path finding in cities!

Senator

Deleted
    Last edited by Morifea; December 19, 2020 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Nevermind

Hello, the mod is really great, I've recently discovered it and I'm having a lot of fun!
    My question is: what does the "Supply (not used)" option in the "Edit preferences" menu do? What happens if I let it unchecked, is there a sort of supply system implied?

Inviato dal mio VOG-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hey, I installed RS3 using this video here and it works great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNOhyGx2NhQ

Some questions:

I) I used this video to reduce mouse acceleration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLi_-DH46XE

I have all resolutions in the launcher preferences set to 1920x1080, but after launching the mod for the first time, following the above mouse fix video, I changed the game resolution using the in game options from the main menu to 1904x1071.

The buildings in the settlement viewer seem blurry - is this because I changed the resolution ?

II) I want to mess with the preferences in the launcher to test it but I'm not sure if it's save game compatible.

III) Also, what does "BATTLE_32_BIT" mean in the launcher ? It was enabled automatically, and I'm on a 64 bit system. Is there somewhere that lists all of the launcher preference options and what they do ? I can't find anything that explains them.

~IV) Is this legion ancillary submod compatible with 3.1, or has it been incorporated into the mod ?

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...on-ancillaries

I seem to remember using it when I played years ago and I don't think I ever used any submods.
    Many thanks !

Edit: I searched the files after seeing someone in the submod thread mention it may be incorporated into the mod; in C:\ ... \Rome Total War Gold\data\export_descr_ancillaries.txt there is this section:

;===============================================================
    ;== Section G1 - Roman Legion Trigger Section ==
    ;===============================================================
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger trigger_Legate_LEG_I
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition EndedInSettlement
    and FactionType romans_brutii
    and IsGeneral
    and SettlementName Arretium
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= imperial_legion
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists Roman_I_Legion
    and Attribute Subterfuge < 1
    and not Trait City_Has_Governor > 0

AcquireAncillary Roman_I_Legion chance 100

So I loaded my save, gave Akragas 50k Population, and built all military buildings there through console commands. This is on a save one turn into the campaign, Rome _H_H 0 Turn.

Couldn't get any ancillaries to appear, so I tried it in Arretium as the above trigger shows.

Still couldn't get anything, even after moving a general with imperium into the settlement, recruiting another general in the settlement, recruiting the two 1st Cohorts from Arretium and leaving them there.

Is there something I'm doing wrong ? ~

Thanks !

Edit II: Agrippa19 answered question IV here:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...170&highlight=

Though I wondered,

V) Is there a building guide anywhere ? I've found overview posts about the economy but I mean a guide detailing different paths of making a province a client state, what are the basic buildings you need to build, etc.

Cheers
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; February 09, 2021 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Additional Information, Partially Solved

Is autoresolve considered too lenient ?

Edit: Also, how can I be sure the background script is running correctly ?

I'm playing a 0 Turn Rome H_H campaign, I'm having no problem with cash and or expanding to the whole of Italy, I pulled the armies back from Greece and Iberia and used them to take Carthage, this feels too easy.

When I was testing to see if the legionary ancillaries were working I was skipping past turns quickly, and perhaps I didn't activate the background script, but there was an advisor popup that showed me two stacks of barbarians in the north of Italy. The message said they are claiming their intentions are peaceful.

In my current campaign I haven't seen this message, or the stacks. Just the one around the I think Boii province in the north of Italy.

Is 1 gold supposed to be added to the treasury when you activate the background script correctly by clicking on a settlement and then clicking on the advisor's portrait ?

Thanks !
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; February 09, 2021 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Additional Question

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    Is autoresolve considered too lenient ?
    Not 100% sure as I've rarely used it, only on ridiculous odds in my favour

Edit: Also, how can I be sure the background script is running correctly ?
    I don't believe you can, but eventually the script will become corrupted and ctd.

I'm playing a 0 Turn Rome H_H campaign, I'm having no problem with cash and or expanding to the whole of Italy, I pulled the armies back from Greece and Iberia and used them to take Carthage, this feels too easy.
    This mod is unique in that it gets progressively harder, good micro-management is always advised and economy will be fine. VH campaign is easier than H campaign because of a money bug in RTW that's never been fixed. If you're playing as Rome remember there's the civil war around when you hold 85 settlements, be prepared!!

When I was testing to see if the legionary ancillaries were working I was skipping past turns quickly, and perhaps I didn't activate the background script, but there was an advisor popup that showed me two stacks of barbarians in the north of Italy. The message said they are claiming their intentions are peaceful.
    In my current campaign I haven't seen this message, or the stacks. Just the one around the I think Boii province in the north of Italy.
    I've never seen anything like that but then again I always disable the advisor(doesn't affect script trigger)

Is 1 gold supposed to be added to the treasury when you activate the background script correctly by clicking on a settlement and then clicking on the advisor's portrait ?
    Aye 1 Denarii

Thanks !
    You're welcome

Added info: You asked this question in another post I didnae see till now "V) Is there a building guide anywhere ?" maybe this will help.

Last edited by Saul Tyre; February 10, 2021 at 03:35 AM. Reason: added info

I recently started some games on RSIII in easy mode, just to help me get started.

for the Roman Republic i noticed in my games that the italic wars event normally pops but that the italians don't necessarily revolt, so what are the real conditions of Italic revolts outbreak?

is there a way to find out the conditions for recruiting certain elite units? for example where and how can I recruit units like the Companions? it depends on the regions? of construction order of certain buildings??

Quote Originally Posted by flo463 View Post
    I recently started some games on RSIII in easy mode, just to help me get started.
    for the Roman Republic i noticed in my games that the italic wars event normally pops but that the italians don't necessarily revolt, so what are the real conditions of Italic revolts outbreak?
    is there a way to find out the conditions for recruiting certain elite units? for example where and how can I recruit units like the Companions? it depends on the regions? of construction order of certain buildings??
    Here are some threads that may be of help to you > https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...s-amp-Tips-FAQ > https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ations-elusive > https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ut-RS2-is-here

Thanks, great answer, that infographic is just what I was looking for !

I'm going to check again now but I'm sure I remember looking for the added 1 denarii after loading a save, clicking on a settlement, and then clicking on the advisor pop up twice so that it goes away.

If the 1 denarii is not being added, I take it that means that the background script is not working ?

I had an advisor pop up 10 turns ago telling me that various tribes were invading the north of Italia, and I saw two barbarian full stacks spawn in just east of modern day Venezia.

I assumed that meant that the script was working. Hopefully I haven't messed up by forgetting to enable the background script some turn previously.

Edit:
    After reading this link that you provided:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...s-amp-Tips-FAQ

And seeing this part:

"Every player has its own preferences and playing style. Therefore RS offers
    opportunities to adjust the game to your likings. Here's an overview of few tweaks:

Disable peace with one-city faction
    There's a special script that automatically negotiates peace with enemies
    who are reduced to one settlement. This script fires for both the AI and the
    player which in the latter is strange. You can disable this script by deleting the
    entire script in "<RSIII>\Play_Rome_One_Turn\data\scripts\show_me\background_script.txt".
    The very long script starts and ends with the following piece:
    Code:
    ;;;;peace with factions when they are no threat anymore

declare_counter Player_romans_scipii
    declare_counter Player_romans_julii
    declare_counter Player_romans_brutii
    declare_counter Player_greek_cities
    declare_counter Player_macedon
    declare_counter Player_seleucid
    declare_counter Player_britons

(...)

end_if
    if I_CompareCounter Player_dacia = 0
    console_command diplomatic_stance dacia boii neutral
    end_if
    if I_CompareCounter Player_numidia = 0
    console_command diplomatic_stance numidia boii neutral
    end_if
    if I_CompareCounter Player_slave = 0
    console_command diplomatic_stance slave boii neutral
    end_if
    end_monitor"
    18. Campaign tweaks

I realise that the background script must be working. I backed up the script and deleted the one settlement peace part, left the oen settlement slave peace part. Hopefully it doesn't mess anything up.

Weird that 1 denarii isn't being added. Is it possible that the background scipt is only partially working or something ?

Dunno what this box is in the formatting for this edit. Thanks !
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; February 16, 2021 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Weird that 1 denarii isn't being added. Is it possible that the background scipt is only partially working or something ?
    One denarii has to be added when triggering the script at the restart of every campaign only, not every turn as some players think, if this is not happening then iirc the mod has been incorrectly installed.

It's all good, I checked it and one is being added, still unsure if the campaign is on hard/hard or not. Feels too easy, I've got all of Iberia, Carthaginian North Africa, Greece, Macedon, and Italia of course.

Does anyone else think it's weird that the legionaries have one sword in their hand and another sword in their scabbard ?

Also, didn't realise very high taxes caused disloyalty; this section doesn't mention it:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...s-amp-Tips-FAQ

Campaign Gameplay, 1. Tax Level:

Where should I set taxes to?

It depends. There is no one size fits all, we do recommend you to review the tax settings in all your settlements frequently. As ever, aim to keep green or yellow faces, but by maximising your revenue. Tax leads to income, but tax also causes a decline in population sometimes. This decline however is not always undesirable as the large cities of the empire are actually eating your income. Don't forget to keep an eye on corruption too.

I was messing about in Rome trying to get the Legion Ancillaries to work and I checked my Faction Leader's traits, and he has "Settlement Disloyalty IV" or something like that. Rome has been on very high taxes, the same as every other settlement that can bear it.

What are the ramifications of this ? The information box said something along the lines of the governor becoming less loyal, so as long as he has enough loyalty in the summary window it's all good ?

Thanks !

It's all good, I checked it and one is being added, still unsure if the campaign is on hard/hard or not. Feels too easy, I've got all of Iberia, Carthaginian North Africa, Greece, Macedon, and Italia of course.
    Difficult to say without playing your campaign, but if it's that easy then possibly Medium.

Does anyone else think it's weird that the legionaries have one sword in their hand and another sword in their scabbard ?
    I'm not sure on this one but I vaguely remember someone on the forum explaining that some cohorts carried 2 as 1 could be lost in the course of melee(stuck in an enemy shield eg.) and the model was made to simulate that.

I was messing about in Rome trying to get the Legion Ancillaries to work and I checked my Faction Leader's traits, and he has "Settlement Disloyalty IV" or something like that. Rome has been on very high taxes, the same as every other settlement that can bear it. What are the ramifications of this ? The information box said something along the lines of the governor becoming less loyal, so as long as he has enough loyalty in the summary window it's all good ?
    Quite simply the Penalty is; unrest, riots, building damage, loss of income, cost of repair & bad traits to Governor. The "Settlement Disloyalty" goes through 4 stages(I,II,III,IV), it can take 2-6 turns of Very High taxes before it triggers, obviously there has to be a Regional Governor in the settlement for this to occur, a FM/General automatically becomes a Regional Governor on the 3rd turn he is incumbent in a settlement, after this if you take the Governor out to lead or join an army, there is a financial penalty, how high is determined on 1) his status 2) how long he has been Regional Governor.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; February 22, 2021 at 05:17 AM. Reason: added info

Thanks, I checked the price of the roman oppodium building on medium and hard campaign difficulties and they're both 3500 denarii, I thought comparing building prices could tell me if I'm playing on H/H or M/M. If you can think of another way please let me know.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...eck-Difficulty

I've made a thread for it, with the save game. I hope I've not selected medium/medium because I'm too far into the campaign now to restart it.

Thanks, I checked the price of the roman oppodium building on medium and hard campaign difficulties and they're both 3500 denarii, I thought comparing building prices could tell me if I'm playing on H/H or M/M. If you can think of another way please let me know. I've made a thread for it, with the save game. I hope I've not selected medium/medium because I'm too far into the campaign now to restart it.
    Oh bugger apologies, I've already downloaded and run it but I forgot it was you who posted it, it's an age thing laddie, I'm getting on a bit and my memory is ...sorry to say but my guess it's M/M ...building costs at the start are the same, these costs increase as the campaign progresses so you cannot compare costs from your save game to the start. The battles are not too dissimilar, the AI gets +4 to attack/defence and morale on Hard difficulty(+7 on VH) so although the difference is palpable it's only with a small increase in resistance.

UPDATE: 25/2/21.. after deliberately arranging some large full stack battles over a couple of hours these past two days I'm almost sure that the battle difficulty is Medium ..sorry
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; February 25, 2021 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Update

Oh bugger apologies, I've already downloaded and run it but I forgot it was you who posted it, it's an age thing laddie, I'm getting on a bit and my memory is ...sorry to say but my guess it's M/M ...building costs at the start are the same, these costs increase as the campaign progresses so you cannot compare costs from your save game to the start. The battles are not too dissimilar, the AI gets +4 to attack/defence and morale on Hard difficulty(+7 on VH) so although the difference is palpable it's only with a small increase in resistance.

UPDATE: 25/2/21.. after deliberately arranging some large full stack battles over a couple of hours these past two days I'm almost sure that the battle difficulty is Medium ..sorry

Thanks for the help, my life. I'd read on some post that the campaign is balanced for M/M, is that true ?

I'm at 618AUC so restarting would be a nightmare, I might look for a save game to use or a way to use the console and auto resolve battles and pump cash into my settlements while spamming end turn to get back to where I was or even say just to 590 AUC and give myself Carthaginian North Africa, Italia, and Iberia.

As a side note, I've got all the required buildings in Athens but can't recruit a legion there, not even the generic marian legions. Not sure what's happened.

Also, I saw a thread talking about a shield wall submod for the roman legions that used the "loose" and "tight" formation button. I noticed that when in a battle if you line up your roman cohorts, form them all into testudos and then remove them from testudo formation, the men stand far closer together; holding the space bar shows where the men should be standing and they take up 2/3 of the space. Not sure if it affects combat at all.

Thanks !

Edit: I'm trying a Belgae H/H 0 Turn campaign where I give my continental settlements to the Averni and focus on turtling on the isles.

The Belgian generals are all chariots, and I can't stand them; is there a way to swap the chariots out for noble cavalry or something ? I have no experience with modding aside from slightly editing text adnd graphic files and swapping files around. Thanks !

Edit II: I went with the Averni instead, but now I'm running into this issue:

I tried a Belgae and then Averni campaign, less than ten turns in the first battle is sieging a rebel settlement until they attack me.

I select all infanty and form a line, with the cavalry behind but the units all spread out - ten times as far as the loose unit formation spreads them. I've never seen this before.

Any ideas ? I don't know what to do.

They were both 0 turn H/H campaigns. I've been playing a Rome M/M campaign for half a month with no issues such as this.

Thanks in advance for any help !

Edit III:

I started a new Averni H/H 0 Turn Campaign and tried every different kind of battle aside from defending a siege myself; in all of them the problem seemed to be stopped.

I played six turns or so and when sieging a free people settlement on britannia I sieged it once again until I was attacked and once again my units started to space themselves out after beginning the battle.

Maybe barbarian v barbarian battles are bugged when the defender sallies out for some reason ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; March 02, 2021 at 04:33 PM.

Hi guys, please can You help me with imperial reforms? Am using Steam version with RS 3.0 and Launcher 1.3.3 0 turn roman campaign

1) I built last palace in Akragas at Sicily and Marian - reform started
    2) I built Circus Maximus, all praetorian buildings and in other cities i built Roman fortresses

But i cant recruit nothing more than early praetorians (not big deal at all) Hamata legions in regions where i have fortress but i cant recruit no segmentata legions and no auxilia cohors and alae. Is there anything i can do? Even new campaign doesnt work

I went through many topics and i found some points like - use faction leader to visit the capital or city with roman fortress - and also many times is mentioned to use the "script" and "add_money 1".

Its just to press " ; " key to open console after loading campaign and write cheat code "add_money 1" ? Or its some different script? Should i do it every load or every turn? Or its some work in game files?

Thank You for any explanation.

PS: Sorry for my poor english

Hey man I haven't played a Rome camapaign far enough to have run into your issue, but every time you load up your save game, you see the advisor woman picture in the top left of the screen flashing, you click on a place, like Rome, and then your money should increase by 1 coin. If it does not increase then the background script is not working properly and there is a problem.

Maybe your problem is because you forgot to do this before ending a turn or something, not sure, hope someone else can help.