Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Default Re: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Quote Originally Posted by ferike_2007 View Post
    What about the names? Long time ago I "played" with RS1.61 and had a severe issue with some names and there was a similar situation you described: the game crushed after 1-2 turns. After struggling a lot I realized I have a problem with the names, and fixed it.
    Well, now the game is stopped crashes after 2 turns, but when I try to save then again crashes. *ANGRY NOISES*
    the problem before was in traits and ancillaries. Now a crash happening during saving of the game.
    Last edited by Lucii_Varen; March 02, 2019 at 11:15 AM.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Could anyone point me to the old RS2 post your pictures thread? Couldn't find it and I wanna see it for nostalgic reasons.

Getting the itch to dive back into this mod... Have ye lads still been enjoying it?
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    Could anyone point me to the old RS2 post your pictures thread? Couldn't find it and I wanna see it for nostalgic reasons.

Getting the itch to dive back into this mod... Have ye lads still been enjoying it?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...our-New-Empire

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t-your-Empires

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-here!/page111

I am playing RS III as Parthia. Can you build mercenary barracks as Parthia? When I check in building rooster for a city there is no option for mercenary barracks. Does parthia get any additional infantry units to recruit beside eastern spearmen, foot archer and skirmish unit?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by peltast147 View Post
    I am playing RS III as Parthia. Can you build mercenary barracks as Parthia? When I check in building rooster for a city there is no option for mercenary barracks. Does parthia get any additional infantry units to recruit beside eastern spearmen, foot archer and skirmish unit?
    If you play 0-turn you have to build Government Determination/Client or Dependent State in your capital Hecatompylos to gain access to Mercenary & Regional Unit Recruitment, you would have to destroy Parthian Satrapy in Khiva, Nisa & Asaak then restart the build process to make it available in any of these settlements.

If you play 1-turn you have it available to build immediately in Nisa, in Khiva you have to build Elite Cavalry Stables, In Asaak you have to build the Governors Palace/Elite Cavalry Stables and in Hecatompylos you have to build Stables/Cavalry Stables/Elite Cavalry Stables hope this helps, good luck.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 15, 2019 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Domesticus

Question: what are the requirements for a family member to generate offspring? Is it simply a matter of him needing to remain in a city for a set number of turns?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Question: what are the requirements for a family member to generate offspring? Is it simply a matter of him needing to remain in a city for a set number of turns?
    I really think it's more a matter of your general # vs how many settlements or so on.

Definitely generals out on forever-campaign have had their full 4 children out while fighting hordes of unending barbarians.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    I really think it's more a matter of your general # vs how many settlements or so on.

Definitely generals out on forever-campaign have had their full 4 children out while fighting hordes of unending barbarians.
    Are you saying the game frames it as a babies to number of settlements the player has?

So, what then? The more regions you have the more kids your family members will produce?

Cause I have this guy named Mithridates, he's like the 2nd coming of the original one if you wanna RP it, and i've had him on the field till he was 30, put him back a city - his wife was like 23 - and they've produced a daughter. I want a boy though...

Unless something radically changed - give them Greek Physicians.

Ideally one of your older generals takes ill - and he will then get that character - move him away and he'll get another. Soon all your Generals can have one (I moved them on once aged 50 and retired) and babies pop out everywhere....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Those ancillaries also lets you get back like 40% of your losses in any battle you win with them, it's great stuff.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Unless something radically changed - give them Greek Physicians.

Ideally one of your older generals takes ill - and he will then get that character - move him away and he'll get another. Soon all your Generals can have one (I moved them on once aged 50 and retired) and babies pop out everywhere....
    You mean trait hopping? If I remember right, Greek physician was one of those things you come pass around to other characters and the one that originally had it, would get it back the next turn. Is this what you mean?

Edit: Is there a difference between Greek Physician and Surgeon? The latter doesn't have the "increases chances of having children" that GP has.
    Last edited by Grimbold; March 17, 2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    If you play 0-turn you have to build Government Determination/Client or Dependent State in your capital Hecatompylos to gain access to Mercenary & Regional Unit Recruitment, you would have to destroy Parthian Satrapy in Khiva, Nisa & Asaak then restart the build process to make it available in any of these settlements.

If you play 1-turn you have it available to build immediately in Nisa, in Khiva you have to build Elite Cavalry Stables, In Asaak you have to build the Governors Palace/Elite Cavalry Stables and in Hecatompylos you have to build Stables/Cavalry Stables/Elite Cavalry Stables hope this helps, good luck.
    Thanks Saul Tyre.

Trying to build effective and mostly-accurate legions.

My current build:
    1 legatus with the proper ancillary
    1 first cohort
    9 cohorts
    2 melee/javelin cavalry (usually have similar stats anyway)
    2 horse archers
    2 foot archers (usually Thracum auxilia)
    2 antesignai
    1 siege engine

However, the antesignai are basically useless (I'm running 2.6 so I dunno if they've got a buff there). They kill virtually nothing, they aren't any good in a melee fight, and their short range makes them worthless in actual skirmishing in comparison to archers.
    So historical accuracy can go hang. What would you guys recommend as the new unit to replace them? Or, if they have a niche, what am I doing wrong?

Also did 3.0 buff projectiles and kill rates? Pilum definitely need to do more in 2.6...
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

Greetings. How can Macedon get Successors elite army base in RSIII?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

@peltast147:::; Regional Focus > population 6000 > Governors Palace > Mineral Import > Weapons Metal Import > Successor Military Training > Fortified Region > Supply of Army Rations > Successor Army Base > Successor Elite Army Base, hope this helps.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

So have a question about performance issues..

I can't get this game to go above 10-20 fps no matter what I do. (in battle)

My system is:

i5-6600k
    RX 480
    16gb RAM
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Native Resolution is 2560x1080, lowered the res in game from 1280x etc and nothing worked

I can run any game I want at ultra with 60+ fps no problem. It's the only game I have performance issues with, if anyone has any tips or ideas, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks Saul Tyre. I find instructions to build Successors elite army base in building info under "NOTE" text.

Hello,i am new here,its my first post,i play rome total war many years,i want to thank the people that make that mod,i played a lot.I want to tell you that there is a bug to gold or something like a limit in every round.I read now in posts that you play hard mode.I play in very hard both and the game rolls fine to me...can you explain me where is the bug exactly?For example the gold bug i told you earlier if i press next round with 200K gold in my pocket,next round i will have 170K and in the scroll says 270K.i can explain more but my english are bad.Thanks for your helpfull information here in posts.roma surrectum has lot of work inside and history accurate that you cant find in regular books!!keep up the good work (y)

Yes indeed - move those 'characters'. Because the original character is still 'ill'; he'll get another.

Damn useful.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

v2.6 stats give the best ancient battle experience I've ever seen.

I love the Antesignanii - wouldn't not have them.