Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Default Re: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

cordially greet the whole community.

Playing campaign with roma has too much bug (save and play at every turn by throwing it to desktop)

I would like to know when to release the final version?

Default what is effect of +20 weapon, when it build roman fortress

some building has below effect.
    +20 weapon
    anybody know the effect of this for unit?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: what is effect of +20 weapon, when it build roman fortress

Quote Originally Posted by godoria View Post
    some building has below effect.
    +20 weapon
    anybody know the effect of this for unit?
    Those bonuses affect how the Romans progress through the reforms. Altering them will mess up Roman recruitment.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Hey guys, ive managed to install the mod on my steam copy of Rome total war gold and its working fine, im using the RS3 launcher to start the game and im just having some issues on choosing the factions that i want to play with.

Basically i can see in my Rome total war gold folder the subfolders for all the different factions, however Rome does not seem to appear in the launcher options under "0 turn campaigns".

What's more if i select "one turn campaigns", at the faction selection screen Rome isn't even available.

Is there something im doing wrong, i used to have this mod a while back and i vaguely remember editing the launch options in steam and launching from there instead of using the RS3 launcher, is that what i should instead ?

Also how do i set up bloom, ive enabled it through the launcher and i get the green writing in the corner telling me its activated but the black screen just stays there, even after the game has loaded up to the main menu.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by kamikazee786; December 14, 2016 at 09:55 AM.
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

How come generals do not gain command stars unless they themselves get kills? Isn't that ahistorical? Like, was it the only way you could do it or was it a conscious design decision?

You can't very well command a battle or execute a complicated plan in the thick of the front lines, and winning a heroic victory against a larger force would surely make you an excellent commander whether you personally got your hands dirty or not.

What was the reason for this feature?

as name of game, mod developer spend more time for Rome faction.
    but there are too many unit which is not useful. it seem that too many unit are same ability and same attack and defense power.
    even most of unit are gone because of some of building or reform condition.
    is it possible or how about? unit can automatically upgrade after Reform as like general unit.

1. rome faction has a few family. sometime National leader are change to another family. and then other family tree are shown.
    in this case, all of daughter Could not married??
    even system did not ask husband. They are more then 45 years old.
    1-1. maybe I hired many general. so system can not offer new general as husband?

Trying to use fewer stacks, shorter battles edu. It starts loading then switches to an error saying cannot find allied germanic calvary. I copy/paste the unit information and try it again and it says max records exceeded file..? It did the same thing for me on 2.6 but 2.5 shorter battles fewer stacks actually worked.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by King Ramses View Post
    How come generals do not gain command stars unless they themselves get kills? Isn't that ahistorical? Like, was it the only way you could do it or was it a conscious design decision?

You can't very well command a battle or execute a complicated plan in the thick of the front lines, and winning a heroic victory against a larger force would surely make you an excellent commander whether you personally got your hands dirty or not.

What was the reason for this feature?
    I think you will find it is a conscious game design to prevent spamming OP 10 star Generals all over the place like in vanilla, Generals have to earn that right in battle, a good decision imo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I think you will find it is a conscious game design to prevent spamming OP 10 star Generals all over the place like in vanilla, Generals have to earn that right in battle, a good decision imo
    Couldn't you just increase the requirements to get a command star or a command trait? Like, a ten star general should win at least two or three heroic victories, not just fight about 12 tiny rebel armies. Surely if your opponent is one peltast, if the general charges in (which the AI often does) it is no greater indication of actual command talent. It's not like they won any particularly spectacular victory just because they fought personally.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Hmmm... I have never had any issue with "creating" multiple starred generals.... in fact if you play wisely, you will pick some proper guys to became field generals and promote them. A hero like that is prepared and trained consciously. My guys fight to advanced age, allmost 'till their death, dozens and dozens of battles. IMO the more important thing in this game is to have as much as possible 10-scrolled governors, with proper traits and adequate ancillaries.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	342333Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	342334

It's not so much creating them that I have a problem with (though I would like to know how they get names like Macedonicus and Africanus). It's just that I think it seems a little unrealistic that generals increase in rank by fighting personally. Wouldn't it be better to increase command ability simply by winning battles in which the balance of power is roughly equal or against you? Also, the Romans placed little distinction between political and military influence, in order to be a good general, being a good politician was almost a prerequisite.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

To get the names like Macedonicus or Africanus you have to conquer certain settlements with your general - e. g. for Africanus you have to conquer Carthago and other 4-5 provinces, also.

Regarding your complaints: thats not a big deal, you easily can chase some runaways on the battlefield with your generals cavalry, just before the battle ends... don't stick too much on this aspect. This is a game, enjoy it. There are SOOO MUCH fun this mod offer, this requirement is just a minor tweak the creators implement, to make this mod a little bit harder. And this is good. Look at the big picture, what this mod offer to us? Appreciate the huge ammount of work: the research, the artworks, the dinamic concept, the endless hours of coding and scripting. All for free. Be grateful for these guys who spent weeks and months and years working voluntarily for OUR amusement!

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by ferike_2007 View Post
    To get the names like Macedonicus or Africanus you have to conquer certain settlements with your general - e. g. for Africanus you have to conquer Carthago and other 4-5 provinces, also.

Regarding your complaints: thats not a big deal, you easily can chase some runaways on the battlefield with your generals cavalry, just before the battle ends... don't stick too much on this aspect. This is a game, enjoy it. There are SOOO MUCH fun this mod offer, this requirement is just a minor tweak the creators implement, to make this mod a little bit harder. And this is good. Look at the big picture, what this mod offer to us? Appreciate the huge ammount of work: the research, the artworks, the dinamic concept, the endless hours of coding and scripting. All for free. Be grateful for these guys who spent weeks and months and years working voluntarily for OUR amusement!

Merry Christmas!

Well said have a great Christmas and an adventurous 2017
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 23, 2016 at 01:22 PM.

I never said I was not grateful for the work that has been put into this mod. It is by far the greatest mod for any total war game ever made, that goes almost without saying. But, this is a Q&A thread, so I figured I would raise a historical query here. I apologise if I have offended anyone by this. I am not intending to demean any of the mod authors by offering an alternative view or constructive criticism, if I did not think that their mod was good I would not be playing it and I would not be posting here. I only want to help them, in my limited capacity, make it an even more historically immersive piece of work.

Merry Christmas to you too

Are the EDU options in data/Important_Stuff up to date with RS III stats, or are they from the old 2.6 version? I think at least the "fewer stacks, shorter battles" had the general's bodyguard size as it was in 2.6

Also, what happened to the African-Iberian Infantry (the one that RTR VII borrowed)? I've yet to see it in-game.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by King Ramses View Post
    I never said I was not grateful for the work that has been put into this mod. It is by far the greatest mod for any total war game ever made, that goes almost without saying. But, this is a Q&A thread, so I figured I would raise a historical query here.
    I agree with you. Not in a complaining way but some generals fought personally while others watched from a distance to make decisions looking at the entire battlefield. Caesar fought personally at the Battle of Alesia mostly because he had to being surrounded and all but I don't think Octavian or Agrippa fought at Phillipi. Still while I know Octavian isn't remembered for his tactical ability I'm sure watching from a distance as a general did not undermine his authority.

Maybe fighting personally should give bonus's but shouldn't be necessary to gain stars.

Edit: All in all though I have not had much problems getting 2-3 fully fledged generals for each generation, which makes me believe the trait system is working pretty well, I'm only adding my input for the sake of debate.
    Last edited by Agrippa19; December 30, 2016 at 11:14 AM.

Does anybody have a different download link for the Roma Surrectum III setup? The Mega link never works for me, always stalls around the 70-80% mark.

Quote Originally Posted by anduril38 View Post
    Does anybody have a different download link for the Roma Surrectum III setup? The Mega link never works for me, always stalls around the 70-80% mark.
    If you have Chrome or Firefox you can use your browser like I did (the grey box to the right of Mega)

It's alright, I got it working in the end ^^

Can anyone help me with a building-tree bug?

All of my barracks/blacksmith building trees indicate that supply of army rations and weapon metals are required. I've even seen some people on the forum indicate that particular units won't be available without the weapon metal import.

However, none of this works for me. I can build all the way up the blacksmith/barracks trees, without every having to worry about the rations/metal.

Running 2.6, any and all help would be welcome x