Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Update- Kingdoms Missing From Library (RESOLUTION)

Default Steam Update- Kingdoms Missing From Library (RESOLUTION)

CA Updated M2 and pushed a large update to include multiplayer support for M2 today. You may notice if you are a Steam user that Kingdoms is no longer a separate entry in your library. It is now shown as a DLC for M2. They have also disabled the launcher in favor of a launcher to select campaigns directly from Steam.
    YOUR MODS ARE FINE.
    And you will be able to play TATW
    You just must rename your Third Age Total War folder to one of the existing campaigns such as americas then select that campaign from the new Steam launcher.

Posting as I hadn't seen a solution posted yet and I am sure others wont come across the solution so quickly.

Default Re: Steam Update- Kingdoms Missing From Library (RESOLUTION)

seems logical and precise....but according to this thread it does not always work...thanks anyway for helping

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...the-update-for

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Didn't they say they lost the source code of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    Didn't they say they lost the source code of the game?
    ha...yea...emperor said the same thing in the above thread link...so why the 10 gig "patch" right ?? FACEPALM !!!!!!

Update: My download just finished, and so I tested this method by hard loading my last save instead of clicking "continue campaign" and it did work for me..the save loaded and all seems fine...we will see...thanks for all the help and input...
    Last edited by scdandme; July 22, 2014 at 07:32 PM.

I have DAC ontop of my Third Age, saw scdandme's post about hard loading, did a rename, tried to get my Silvan Elves save going 3 times and it crashed every time Does hard loading still work for anyone else or am I just unlucky? Also noticed that only 1 faction shows up if I try to start a new campaign and that I have the European map...I'm not much up on technical stuff but I'm guessing that's pretty bad and that the connection between the mod and M2TW/Kingdoms is pretty much dead for me

i put this up in that other thread that is an even bigger problem with this fix...if you rename the folder to "americas" for example, and then steam does another update, then that "americas" folder (which is actually the third age for me for example) will most likely get messed up and changed back to the "real" americas folder by steam...see ?...so as far as i can see you would have to keep auto updates off, rename the folder before downloading new updates, then rename it again after downloading....UGHHH !!!

Edit: THIS is just a temporary fix of course....everyone is working on a much better resolution...as soon as steam does another update then the modded version of the renamed folder will be toast...
    Last edited by scdandme; July 23, 2014 at 09:34 PM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

do you know why they released a update for med2? thats because it is still good selling deal for them.

do you know why it is so? King Kong said like 3 years ago that TATW was downloaded 1 million times... 3 years ago, do the math.

And yet they ignored all our requests about patches and more modding possibilities.

But this is quite understandable, they take care of finnaces while we put our hearts in it.

That situation, totally explains my new avatar.

Me Mighty Leper's Avatar Campidoctor

I had Divide and Conquer installed, and was greeted with a half-vanilla, half-DaC hybrid.
    Sauron was king of England, with the Great Eye in place of the Flag of St. George, an Elf (Cirdan or Celeborn) ruled Ireland, and Balin ruled Norway. I was half tempted to keep going and see if I could invade the Isles with orcs.

If you had your Third_Age folder already in a kingdoms campaign folder, it will be messed up.
    "NOOT NOOT!" - Pingu, 20th Century philosopher
    If I choose to talk to you, you should be overjoyed. If I choose to ignore you, you should be relieved.

- The magical conversation that was "WITHHOLDING CRAP!"
    - I'm not silly, crazy or stupid - I'm innovative.

- I love you guys. (But seriously, no butt-sex)
    ME MIGHTY LEPER, CONFUSING THE WORLD SINCE 1991.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Me Mighty Leper View Post
    Sauron was king of England, with the Great Eye in place of the Flag of St. George, an Elf (Cirdan or Celeborn) ruled Ireland, and Balin ruled Norway.
    That's... interesting

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by scdandme View Post
    i put this up in that other thread that is an even bigger problem with this fix...if you rename the folder to "americas" for example, and then steam does another update, then that "americas" folder (which is actually the third age for me for example) will most likely get messed up and changed back to the "real" americas folder by steam...see ?...so as far as i can see you would have to keep auto updates off, rename the folder before downloading new updates, then rename it again after downloading....UGHHH !!!
    That is a good point- I would recommend disabling the auto update for the game on Steam- also make a copy of your TATW folder. Sorry it isn't working for everyone- but I was able to load up all previous saves I had for DAC once I made the change.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    do you know why they released a update for med2? thats because it is still good selling deal for them.

do you know why it is so? King Kong said like 3 years ago that TATW was downloaded 1 million times... 3 years ago, do the math.

And yet they ignored all our requests about patches and more modding possibilities.

But this is quite understandable, they take care of finnaces while we put our hearts in it.

That situation, totally explains my new avatar.
    EXACTLY....I have said this before to other friends of mine, just not exactly in your words....the modding pc community keeps them alive and provides them with a good start by buying their product, but then the developers just forget about the hand that fed them in later years to try to accommodate these "console kiddies" and this growing crowd of online multiplayers....now I have nothing against online players...it just seems that it is growing more and more in their favor....more on topic here I guess, I was lucky to have the kingdoms launcher app work for me when I first started modding M2TW so I was lucky to have an untouched Third_Age_3 folder still in my mods folder...the problem is i have to rename it like the old way to play and more updates are gonna come and it would get "steam rolled" if I forget to rename it back when finished playing.....modders will prevail !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sereventus View Post
    That is a good point- I would recommend disabling the auto update for the game on Steam- also make a copy of your TATW folder. Sorry it isn't working for everyone- but I was able to load up all previous saves I had for DAC once I made the change.
    You are the first person to acknowledge my point and yesterday I was frantically trying to get everyone to rename (or back up) their mod folders before logging into steam...Imagine my frustration having to try to type this and hope others saw it instead of being able to yell out "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!"....LOL...thanks for the reply...it seems the auto update will not allow updates to games you have it deselected for only while you are playing as to not interrupt game play it seems but I am not willing to risk it myself...i will rename my for now and work on a more viable fix....we will all get there one way or another

What if I have deleted the folders from Kingdoms? Do I need to reinstall everything? I'm starting to regret that I ever used Steam to purchase products.

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Mods keep M2TW still alive -> Release a patch that breaks all mods. Brilliant job!

There is a reason I don't play other Total War Games and it is called STEAM, the NSA of the gaming world.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    Mods keep M2TW still alive -> Release a patch that breaks all mods. Brilliant job!
    Patch doesn't break mods. Any mod can still be played easily by using an appropriately configured shortcut (trick is in editing the Target field to include the appropriate commandline options that the Launcher would have passed otherwise).
    -Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Maybe this will work:

1) Install a mod (Third_Age_3) where it should go ( check is its modfolder present in your Steam.../ M2TW/ mods folder )

2) Do not rename modfolder, leave it as it is ( Third_Age_3 ) and download Squid's Kingdoms Launcher App. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tall-for-Steam

After downloading it, set it up/ configure it as instructed ( point it to your Third_Age_3, and to kingdoms.exe )

3) make a copy of your medieval2.exe file, rename it to kingdoms.exe.

Try to launch TATW.

OR: Test this method from this user ( post #162): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13976844

Now I have to rewrite my whole installation instructions for Steam Users, but I can't make pictures with the instructions... ****, ####, ****
    Last edited by ElvenKind; July 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

To be honest: launching mods with steam is now way easier since you don't have to go trough the buggy vanilla launcher.
    You can:
    1) Set the "launch options" and it will run a mod (tested and it works)
    2) Create a shortcut to the medieval2.exe and add the usual commands to it, so that it launches whatever mod you want it to (tested and it works, it's also an easier way to launch the expansions)

I wouldn't be surprised to see the old .bat files work once again, once they have been modified to target the medieval2.exe instead of the old kingdoms.exe. No need to rename folders, etc. it's way easier and more elegant (like it used to be and it still is in the non-steam version of M2).

Yes, this updates invalidates most of the old (and convoluted) ways we had to launch mods through steam, but it enables the older (and much simpler) ways to launch mods (through simple modified shortcuts and possibly .bat files). I'll admit that having to now change all the launch instructions can be annoying and that having the update mess up the mod folders is problematic, but in the end it's for the best and, as long as the update didn't delete the savegames, you can simply reinstall the mods.
    Last edited by SamueleD; July 24, 2014 at 04:45 AM.

Civis

I cant get DaC to work now for some reason, i reinstalled it and everything, after this new "update" it gets to the first image, the CTD's...

Edit: my kingdoms launcher is missing, i've tried to do the "verify integrity of cache" or what ever its called through steam, but i still don't have it, but every time it redownloads like a 1gb of files.

Edit2: None of the mods work anymore using the same install methods as before(had it on steam from before), MOS, Dac, RK and Unofficial patch, none of them work get to the first splash screen and then ctd's
    Last edited by H.Maverick; July 24, 2014 at 06:02 AM.

Honestly, CA can go shove their hands in meat grinders: their "patch" won't even download for me, so I can't even play a game that I paid for all because some people wanted multiplayer.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast