Thread: Widescreen support and mod options?

Default Widescreen support and mod options?

Since I had to RMA my gpu card I'm stuck with my onboard one which is not very powerful. Anyway since I need my TW fix I've decided I'll play Medieval TW again after 10 years. My first issue is can I select widescreen support and higher resolution than 1400x1050.

Also what are the best mod for MTW?

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: Widescreen support and mod options?

Absolute max resolution in MTW (any kind) is 1600x1200... You can get 4:3 and 5:4 ratios for sure, but I have yet to hear about anyone who managed to set some 16:10 ratio and the like. MTW is probably just too old for (actual) widescreen-ratios. As for "best mod" it can mean essentially anything if not actually defined what it is supposed to mean first... Anyway, I'll do some typical and various "best"-stuff for you - at the top of my head...

• Most factions included, the 'ol crowd-pleaser - "BKB supermod" is best, no other...
    • The most units included (another crowd-pleaser) - its probably BKB supermod, followed by "Redux". If memory serves, BKB supermod is "best" as it have the most units included (more then Redux. "Pike and Musket" have tons of units as well I'm told, but that's obviously non-medieval themed stuff).
    • Biggest strat-map/most regions are found in "Medmod", "BKB supermod" and "XL" - they are all best in that regard...
    • Overall reliability and general polish - Redux and XL are essentially the best around. Redux is probably somewhat better then XL, generally speaking, but it is down to these two...
    • General compatibility and overall stability - like minimum/no fixes required and less crashes etc. etc. - Redux rules supreme, its even better then the raw game...
    • In terms of GFX - Redux is best, as it does that better then the rest, generally speaking...
    • In terms of striving for most historical accuracy - probably XL or Medmod are best, not sure. Anyhow, the overall game is still a-historical in its very nature and so it really is a non-factor in reality...
    • In terms of offering/putting up a harder/tougher challenge - Redux does that better then the rest. "Best" in that sense...
    • In terms of offering the most (actual) diversity/difference in factions - Redux does that better then the rest...
    • In terms of AI - Redux is best, as it (the AI) performs better then the rest...
    • In terms of offering the most similar/close experience to the raw/vanilla game (to some people this is a good trait - for others, its a bad thing) - XL rule supreme...
    • Offering a totally non-medieval-themed experience - its probably down to the "Samurai Warlords"-project, "Hellenic Total War"-mod and the 'ol MTW Napoleon-mod (for some, perhaps the Pike & Musket is a candidate as well). That stuff does that the best...

And so it goes...

- A

This answer brought a tear to my eye that's how good it is. Thx

Just to bring new info - the menu is stuck at 800x680 , but I have ( and using ) the option of 2560x1080 , the soldiers are few pixels in battle , but the map is nice and in the proper res.

My monitor is 34UM68 ( even the freesync is on so it is boosting 75hz )

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Denco View Post
    My first issue is can I select widescreen support and higher resolution than 1400x1050.
    Yes, you can via options in the game menu after launching the game from Windows. Provided that your monitor support higher resolutions.

I always change resolution to the highest I can use and that's 1920x1080 (widescreen) for both campaign and battle. Although, sometimes I lower the resolution for a battle just to see the battle field better.

Should that be too high resolution for you, I suggest that you try 1280x1024.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.