Thread: How many new patches and DLC's are there yet? :P

Default How many new patches and DLC's are there yet? :P

Haven't been here for a while and thought lets take a look, I've been here till the DLC came out for the Dacian / Thracian factions, did I miss something since then? I thought of picking up the game again if it's finished. I was a bit tired of all those patches and really had to focus on other things actually because I was playing this game for over a half year But now the holydays are here and I'm thinking of starting again, so if somebody can tell me what's new? Are bugs fixed? Has CA officially stopped patching or are they still fixing things? Is the game finished how it is now? I'm curious

Default Re: How many new patches and DLC's are there yet? :P

You didn't miss anything. Perhaps this week the mythical patch 14 will come out or next week or......well they are supposedly still patching the game.

So has this game gone from open alpha to open beta in the meantime? Can't wait till it's finished...

Like wealthmonger said, patch 14 is due soon. Rumour has it that it's going to be a big one. We'll have to wait and see.

I imagine there are maybe two or three more DLCs due this year, then probably a large expansion (like Barbarian Invasion with Rome 1) either later in the year or early next year.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by wealthmonger View Post
    mythical patch 14.
    +rep

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

A council of elders revealed a story to me about CA's long-term patch support being just a marketing trick to calm down the Total War plebs.
    At a later time CA will announce ENDLESS patch support for Rome 2 -then after a certain amount of patches, DLCs and FLCs Rome 2 shall be relaunched as Rome III on the third day of September of a future year.

That was all they told me and then they magically disappeared.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

^Lol.... This games a joke. I'm bored of it and all it's streamlining.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Quote Originally Posted by wealthmonger View Post
    You didn't miss anything. Perhaps this week the mythical patch 14 will come out or next week or......well they are supposedly still patching the game.
    What patch 14 focus? legitimate asking

I didn't touch Rome 2 3 months now
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nobody knows. I asked in the last livestream on details on it and it was all hush hush, probably so we can't say well why aren't you fixing this or implementing that.

I fully expect to see something big otherwise I'll just end up uninstalling the game cause there's nothing left for me to do in it that's any different.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Altimis View Post
    What patch 14 focus? legitimate asking

I didn't touch Rome 2 3 months now
    Attempting to fix what the previous 13 patches still haven't...

The same problems from when you stopped playing 3 months ago are still present.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    Attempting to fix what the previous 13 patches still haven't...

The same problems from when you stopped playing 3 months ago are still present.
    Bah, thanks for the answer

Guess its nothing new yet again
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

As many as they feel people will keep buying. It's fairly easy. Pay a graphic designer a couple hundred bucks to make a few "new models", or even better yet, only a few new skins. Make an intern add some entries on a data base. Release DLC at 3 bucks, watch money flow into you almost magically.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    As many as they feel people will keep buying. It's fairly easy. Pay a graphic designer a couple hundred bucks to make a few "new models", or even better yet, only a few new skins. Make an intern add some entries on a data base. Release DLC at 3 bucks, watch money flow into you almost magically.
    Or better yet, just withhold units made before launch to sell on later.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

To bad Steam does not support having insights on sale figures. I really do not think that the DLC run that well, perhaps blood and gore but apart that they rarely appeared in the top selling list on Steam, did they?
    some may hope that the long long time patch 14 is now taking will guarantee a happy ending. I will not as it was quite the same for Shogun 2 tbh. Some patches took months and did not fix important things even. It is time for them to happily announce they are working on the next TW, as if nothing ever happened. I guess then TWC and other forums will really blew off ;D
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Altimis View Post
    Bah, thanks for the answer. Guess its nothing new yet again
    I think you have to wait for quite a while longer now. A few years perhaps? Mods may sort out many but obviously not all of the most annoying things about the game but it will take time. I would pin my hopes on another game, maybe a future TW even? Who knows?

One thing about cut-content DLC. CA/SEGA may be getting even bolder:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Order-Culture
    Last edited by Huberto; July 21, 2014 at 05:13 PM.

Hmm zo nothing has changed since I decided to take a break? Well I do enjoy the game, but that's more because the core concept is that great.. I really hoped there would have been some news about the political system changing or sieges finally being fixed... I like the era, I like the total war concept, but I feel this game could have been so much more, one year ago I pre-ordered this game with such high expections... It's still entertaining though, but never got up to the level or perfection it had before release, the only thing that was really epic and better then any game in the total war series was the marketing it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by Swamidude View Post
    Hmm zo nothing has changed since I decided to take a break? Well I do enjoy the game, but that's more because the core concept is that great.. I really hoped there would have been some news about the political system changing or sieges finally being fixed... I like the era, I like the total war concept, but I feel this game could have been so much more, one year ago I pre-ordered this game with such high expections... It's still entertaining though, but never got up to the level or perfection it had before release, the only thing that was really epic and better then any game in the total war series was the marketing it seems...
    Maybe you should keep an open mind because with the way your thread is posted you're only going to get the people that want the game to fail no matter what happens. It's almost like you wanted to hear "the game sucks"

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-14-Beta-Notes

I still liked it, but it's not as good as advertised and it hasn't as much replay value as previous games in my opinion because it doesn't have enough dept. Everybody can have his own opnion, but it feels that I only liked playing this game, dispite the new design choices instead of because. The political system / missing family tree and the limitation in building up your cities and more of those small things. It's just about conquering the world with some random character the game gives you when the last random one died.