Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Download and Installation

saneel's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Doesnt launch mod

Anyone had similiar problem? That you get into the game but cannot choose the campaign?

In RTH_2.0 you will find a folder named RTH.Moved RTH in D:\RTW and change shortcut destination "D:\RTW\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -mod:RTH

saneel's Avatar Senator

I did it. I get into the game. But problem is when I try to play campaing its says choose from the list, but there is no list. And when I exit game it reports some error with script...

"But problem is when I try to play campaing its says choose from the list, but there is no list"
    This problem occurs when you use BI or Alexander.They create a provincial campaign in list for play.

saneel's Avatar Senator

I use RTW launcher.

saneel's Avatar Senator

I get this: Script error in RTH/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 28, column 1.

Expected start date of campaign or battle.

Are you able to start a provincial camapaign, maybe in BI?
    Can you post a screenshot of your folders and launcher configuration?
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

saneel's Avatar Senator

No I am not. I get into the game without problems, I get RTH loading screen, but when I try to choose campaign it says choose from the list but the list isnt there. I typed what error I get when I get out of the game. This is my folder: D:\RTW\RomeTW.exe -show_err -mod:RTH -enable_editor

The fact that you are able to launch RTH shows that this part of the installation is probably okay.

The error message is consistent with the fact that the game doesn't find the campaign.

Now, if you didn't change anything inside the mod, the campaign is there. So there must be something else wrong with your installation.

Are you sure your RTW is vanilla upgraded to version 1.5?

What is your Windows version? Some people are facing problems with Windows 10.

Have you got BI or Alexander too? If yes, could you try to launch RTH with those and report what happens? Remember that in BI you need to start the campaign under Provincial Campaigns (where it is still called Imperial Campaign).

saneel's Avatar Senator

I did everything. Will try to unistall and do it again. Yes it is upgraded. I have windows 8.

Default Re: Download and Installation

JMJ -

Stupid question; do I have to use winrar? I have used 7zip for other mods but doesn't seem to work for this.

Edit: Never mind, it was a matter of changing the file path as you showed above. Got it.

YBIC
    Mike
    Last edited by mjsanta83; August 30, 2015 at 08:23 PM.

Default Re: problem installing

Did you resolve the problem?

Hey, I suffer from a most basic problem, when I try to move the files from the winrar thingy to my RTW folder, it says it contains mistakes and thus can't perform the action. How is this possible and better, how should I solve it? Thanks! Look forward to playing this!

Hi piet10000,

Have you unzipped with winrar or zip?
    Then go to the folder and see what you can do.
    Sometimes Windows won't let you move a folder, because some files appear to be in use (antivirus or other programmes checking whatever).
    In this case right click the RTH folder, copy it and then paste it to your installation of Rome Total War, into the same folder where you find data, docs, tgas, and all that stuff.
    Copy and paste should always be possible.
    Copy the launchers, too, and correct the paths.
    Try the game.
    When you're done, you can delete the previous folder.
    Probably you will still have some problems doing so, in this case you can try to delete the internal folders one by one.

Let me know if that worked.

Hi there, I have been trying and trying to successfully launch this mod. But no matter what I try (Have been trying all the solutions offered) I cant seem to get beyond vanilla (which plays fine). I am using Disk version "Anthology" on win 7.

Note: I have working mods for EB, RS2 and Darthmod and also vanilla version of the game.

The Rome I have copied is in C:\Rome Total War Total History and have moved over the RTH_2.0 folder as per instructions (see pic)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	history1.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	330409

Then start to create the short cut

Name:	history2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	330410

complete the short cut as per below. then launch. and always ends up on vanilla. even if I change it to RTH_2.0 or even remove -show_err

Name:	history3.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	330411

Then, when I look back in the ROME Directory a RTH folder has appeared above the original RTH_2.0 folder? Any advice please would be really useful. would love to get this mod working. Thanks in advance.

Name:	history4.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	330412
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails history1.jpg  
    Last edited by asplenc; September 20, 2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: anthology

Delete the new folder RTH. Then open RTH_2.0, cut (or copy) everything inside (there is also an RTH folder) and paste it into your Rome Total War Total History folder. When you're done you can delete the RTH_2.0 folder.
    Launch and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphos View Post
    Delete the new folder RTH. Then open RTH_2.0, cut (or copy) everything inside (there is also an RTH folder) and paste it into your Rome Total War Total History folder. When you're done you can delete the RTH_2.0 folder.
    Launch and enjoy!
    PERFECT! thank you for the swift response Philadelphos, you have now made my day. I have just tried this and can see the RTH loading screen and the Imperial Campaign is now showing the mod! happy days - will give it a whirl and post my experience - cant wait!

I assume at this stage, if I wanted to add the additional Add_loading_screens.rar that this is as per the instructions supplied? just checking that there is nothing I would need to do differently?

Installation of additional screens:
    1. Download Add_loading_screens from download site
    2. Unzip the file and copy the loading screens directly into the folder RTH/data/loading_screen

OK this might be a silly question... I played the vanilla version years ago, and I reinstalled it and immediately applied this MOD. Now, how do I know if I installed it correctly?

RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:RTH Make sure you have one folder labeled RTH in your Rome folder, not your bi folder, copy and paste this in your steam under properties then general, when asked if you want to use bi or Rome, chose Rome, If you chose Rome you will be able to play custom battles as well
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234