Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Orc Raids (Idea/Proposal)

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Orc Raids (Idea/Proposal)

I ended up creating my own script with different attacking armies each one having a specific label.
    Did not use the scripts posted here as sample but got a lot of bits from them and the final result is quite satisfactory.

Despite the fact that this stuff is very confusing to me, you guys managed to help me in creating the script. Thanks for the patience.

Thanks everyone involved!

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Cheers to Leo and the other modders for making third age total war always better!!!

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post

This is a good script to produce fair battles. It takes the size of the garrison into account so the player should always have a shot at winning from my experience. Just add settlement size as a condition and swap what needs swapping and it should work for what you want. I have other scripts that do it other ways but this one is best for random raids on garrisons being fun battles to fight and having a way to stop them. It is a game after all so you have to keep it fun. I spawn the armies far away and have them walk to attack, so not sure if it works if you spawn the army right next to the settlement.

I also have many rebel factions that randomly raid villages on the map by scripts and stop when they upgrade, but that might be harder for you to use for what you want.

If you still have Sauron pope faction in your mod you can use that for raids as well. And TATW may use a orc faction for the palantiri or whatever stuff too, I can't remember. I have no clue just how much you want these raids to affect gameplay. In my mod it is just a fun battle to fight every once in awhile, not a huge deal so you can play normally thing. But there are lots of things to go fight in my mod so turtling is not something I wanted to make necessary because of raids. That will make the campaign boring to me, I would try to keep it so I can take a settlement every 20 turns if I want to. Making someone wait 20 turns to do anything they want in a game is taking away from the fun factor is the simple way I see it. So if you want them to be big you may want to add more free upkeep slots or spawn a few units for the player in the settlement or something is all I am saying.
    These methods are really interesting!

-Does the difficulty of the game affect the rebel aggressive behaviour? Do you change the AI labels?
    -Does your mod have a bounty hunter system? I reffered missions where do you have to kill a general in exchange of money, so you will stop the raids by killing their boss..

I use the same CAIs for all difficulties, and the differences in their AI labels have more to do with how they would act in the lore more than anything else. Major factions won't surrender, minor ones will pretty much. I want all of them to have a good CAI, I just want some to be more stubborn than others. Gondor or Rohan should never surrender but other factions will quit while they are ahead and backstab you later. This is of course my perspective of the lore.

I don't think I have any scripts like that, sounds like a good script to have for regions that have enemies on their borders. I will add it to my to do list. I already have a bunch of forts and village settlements that use the fort code spread all over so I planned to add some even smaller raids to those but more of them. Maybe I will make those stop by killing someone, it is easy to make such a script. I don't think I added any rewards for stopping the raids, I plan to add a lot more to the Gondor raids script though by adding the Aragorn under whatever fake name I don't remember mission to capture Umbar. I will probably take parts of that script and add it to the other raid scripts. Right now they are just there to fight fun defensive battles in some custom village level settlements I made more than anything else.
    Last edited by alreadyded; June 04, 2019 at 10:54 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234