Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Default Re: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

I didn’t found the Muslim archers that Naples supposedly has. Neither the black forest huntsman that the Swabian have on the custom battle panel. I have upgraded to the best barracks while having the large wall, and they don’t show any signs of appearing to me.
    I don’t know if I haven’t reach the year they appear, or which building is needed (I have construct most of them). Do I need something special to get them?
    I really would like to have these units, specially the black forest huntsman.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Just conquer Baden-Baden.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Hi all, great mod and I'm really eager to play, especially because this is my all time favorite period of military history.
    I recently purchased M2TW: Kingdoms from Steam, but I am having trouble with the installation!
    When I click the start up icon, I get an error message saying the kingdoms.exe cannot be found. I think this is due to Steam combining the Medieval2 and kingdoms exe.
    I have been doing some research for a solution, mostly involving things related to .cfg and .bat files, but I can't make heads or tails of it.
    Can anyone give me a quick walkthrough for the installation? Or am I out of luck? Any help would be more than appreciated.

Cheers, oldfriends.

JMJ -

You can get it to work, I use steam and the game runs fine.

Find the Executable bat file, right click and select edit and change where is says 'start kingdoms.exe @mods/Italian_Wars/DIK.cfg'. Replace kingdoms with medieval2.exe

That worked for me.

Check out this thread, it helped me a lot.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?661279

Are you using the 7zip program?
    Also, have you actually started the original game? It needs to do some start up stuff. I had that issue recently when I switched to a new computer.

Hopefully that works for you. Enjoy the game.
    Last edited by mjsanta83; April 05, 2015 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Thanks for the prompt response, very encouraging!

After a lot of trial and error, I was able to get it to work, and so far not a single crash!

My solution was to copy the medieval2.exe and to rename the copy 'kingdoms.exe', and afterwords setting the Launch Options in Steam to '@mods/Italian_Wars/DIK.cfg'. Simple as that! I'm sure your solution would have worked just the same, so I really do appreciate your taking the time to point that out. One thing that held me up was that I didn't realize the install required me to manually create an 'Italian_Wars' folder in my mods folder. Once I discovered that it was smooth sailing.

Loving this mod, all the scripted events and personages, the condottiere's, the various possible RP aspects, the units, everything! Definitely a great change of pace from SS 6.4, which is also dear to me, but I'd love to see more era-specific mods like this, with greater attention to detail.

Anyway once again, thanks for your help and input!

Thank'smijsanta83 for sorting the things out for Oldfriend!

We are very pleased that you appriciate our hard work
    Have fun!

JMJ -

Don't think I mentioned this before. While playing as Milan, I accepted a Condottierre to fight against the Papal States. When I declared a ceasefire he never disappeared. I continued to use him (to good effect) to kick the Papal States out of Italy and destroyed Naples. Disbanded his army and left him as the governor in the south eastern most city of the heel of Italy until he died of old age. His identifier stopped showing him as a condottierre (I forget exactly what it would call him), and he was just identified as any of my generals.

Truly a minor glitch, but I thought I would mention it.

YBIC
    Mike

Did you destroy the entire faction?

JMJ -

No, but the other times I have used them they disappeared when I declared a truce with the other faction.

YBIC
    Mike

Hmm.. maybe there is a scenario which I did not consider...
    Thank's for your report!

JMJ -

No problem. I had another issue just now. While playing as Milan at around turn 147, I was besieging Sarajevo and forced the Ottomans into battle. During the battle it just froze. No error message but here is the log.

If you don't find anything in the log, it may be a compatibility issue with my computer. I'm not sure though.

YBIC
    Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

No I couldn't find a thing either..

I think is a specific problem with your computer maybe?
    Did this error occur only once?

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

I think I've had this error, too, some times. It usually occured in battles with many units involved (~3 full stacks) and especially when zomming in on heavy fighting. Hence I suspect it is a hardware caused performance issue.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

JMJ -

It happened only once during the siege. I had fought a field battle with the Papal States a few turns before. I know I had zoomed in and was watching my crossbow cavalry run around the walls to cut off an advancing enemy unit.

At least it's not a game bug.

YBIC
    Mike

JMJ -

I had a crash, around turn 149. I was fighting two Ottoman half stacks combined with one of my armies north of Sarajevo.

Log.txt

YBIC
    Mike

Hmm.. it is an issue from the germanicus ai mod.. I'm afraid that I can not help you.
    Because I don't know how his script exactly works...

Sorry mate! Could you reload the battle?

JMJ -

I reloaded the game and auto resolved the battle. I haven't fought any more field battles since (AI keeps holding up in the cities). I'll let you know the next time if it works fine.

YBIC
    Mike

If it occurs again, let me know!

JMJ -

Had a crash while playing as Venice at turn 24. Log attached.

Log.txt

YBIC
    Mike

Ahh it seems I was asleep when I worked on the translation files...
    It is a missing entry.. I'll add them and upload the translation files once more.

Many thank's for your report!