Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by juddur View Post
    Dunno if this a bug or not but its not anything game crashing but the ottoman's sieging Vienna script came up on turn 144 and they spawned in my lands in Rimini, I do have screenshots, but I don't know if this is thread to put them. It isn't game breaking but more immersion breaking.
    Thanks for pointing out, I'll fix the wrong coordinates.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Hello, when playing France the script seems broken if you enslave Florence. The spawned army does not disappear and thus the script does not move Charles to siege Naples some turns later.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

What was your last action?
    Ending a turn, reloading, saving?
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Playing the real time battle to conquer Florence then hitting the "exterminate" button. :p
    I looked at the script and it seems there is no entry in this event for the exterminate option, only for the occupy and sack ones.

Also, I changed a line in campaign_script to both Akt. III and IV of the events :
    Code:
            siege_settlement Charles de Valois, Neapel, maintain
    to
    Code:
            siege_settlement Charles de Valois, Neapel, attack
    I did this because I had a bug where my FL Charles was not appearing really on the strat map. The goal of the change is to force the player to do the battle directy instead of doing something else (like I did) and maybe break the script.
    If you don't play the battle directly but do another one (like I did) the script seems broken and instead of your FL you got a general named Charles de Valois. But he isn't really your FL but a doppelganger with no authority and 0 loyalty.
    I had another campaign when playtesting where I had my FL really spawning in Naples after conquering the city and assumed this was the real intended effect.

Blog Entries

The Doppelgänger issue can be avoided by giving the character a label and using that label in the script, that way another character with the same name (totally possible btw and the reason for using labels) takes his place. Siege scripts usually use that method, made easy as in most cases they also spawn the sieging character.

CTD when saving, re-load the save and then end turn... it always crashes if i re load the save, no matter what turn.
    log attached on this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

This seems to be a 'first start' log judging by the 'heir' errors - I am however puzzled as it indicates turn start of the normans and hungary faction at the end and then crashes while finishing the recruit limit script. Meaning it doesn't seem to be a 'save crash' log, rather a 'turn end' crash.

There is a possibility that it is connected to the script, the last log entry references line 307964 which means it's humongous due to the recruit limit script. While this in itself shouldn't be an issue you can try if the script is the underlying reason: open the descr_strat file and go to the bottom. Now put a semi-colon in front of the last two lines:
    ; script
    ; campaign_script.txt
    This will stop the script from being processed. Now start a new campaign and see if you have an issue with saving\reloading. Admittedly that will not be a real solution as without the script the game basically looses it's 'soul' but it will give an idea if the issue is somewhere in the script.

I got gigantus that I want you to take a look at for me.
    19:06:57.875 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Italian_Wars/data/export_descr_unit.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:06:57.875 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Italian_Wars/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 370, column 124
    Invalid ownership type 'montferrat' found in unit 'war galley'.
    19:06:57.875 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/Italian_Wars/data/export_descr_unit.txt.
    Let me know what I can do fix this error.

Blog Entries

Well, the message is crystal clear: "Invalid ownership type 'montferrat' found in unit 'war galley'." Cross reference descr_sm_factions if it is a possible typo and if no such faction exists remove that ownership entry.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 10, 2020 at 10:44 PM.

Hey guys, been having a CTD when the ai's turn is on Swabian League

-I am using steam
    -I reloaded, same result
    -Turn 24
    -Florence
    -last action was clicking end turn, game crashes when it is Swabian League's turn. All they seem to do on that turn is move armies around.

As for the log file, I can't seem to find it. I tried the location mentioned, but I don't see it. I've tried looking every other place but I can't seem to find it.

I'm assuming it is a script issue? I played another campaign with Milan and the exact same thing happened around turn 24. I appreciate any help you guys could give.

Blog Entries

If the mod is using a custom directory\name for the log then it occasionally doesn't get created. Run the mod again until the crash and then check again.

Else open the CFG file in the mod's root directory with Notepad and change the [log] section to this:
    Code:
    [log] 
    to = system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    This will then use the default log in the root directory of medieval II total war and will be very detailed - you will need to compress the log before attaching it here.

Okay, I think I found the log. Also, I am starting the mod by renaming my italian wars folder to "americas" to start the game through steam, otherwise if I just use the exe file it loads vanilla MTW2.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wwX...ew?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Okay, I did a complete reinstall of MW2 and DIK. I can now say that after testing with mulitple factions, turn 20 is nothing special. The main problem is that whenever I load any save game, whether it be autosave or manual, the game crashes. Just an update.

Ah, sorry, I don't know how to edit my post but here is an updated system log. It has the error message in it as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F9l...ew?usp=sharing

Blog Entries

Unfortunately google drive denies me access even though I am logged in with my google account.

As to renaming the folder: it's an outdated method. All that is required is to copy and rename the medieval2 executable as described here. The reason for your issue is the merging of the two Steam executable files into the medeival2 executable - thereby disable every mod where the BAT file asks for the kingdoms.exe - the 'cannot find kingdoms.exe' error.

Another reason could be that you have an old entry in Steam's launch option - right click M2TW in the Steam library, select properties and then open the launch option box. Delete any content in there.

system.log -ITALIAN WARS.rarsystem.log -ITALIAN WARS.rar

This should work. I'll add it again if it doesn't.

Also the fresh install fixed the issue of the vanilla start up - the only issue now is the end turn crash after loading a save.

Blog Entries

Log is crashing on the venice turn: [game.script] [always] Turn Start venice
    There are several firings of 'BecomesFactionLeader' triggers that makes me think that you fell victim of a crash where the FL gets killed together with the FH (and no further heirs) in the same battle. One way to prevent that would be to prevent the attack (usually a siege), extremely difficult at best.
    The other way would be to delete the trigger section in the data\export_descr_character_traits file:
    1. make a copy of the file for use later
    2. search for 'WhenToTest' - this will get you to the first trigger
    3. delete everything from that trigger (include the 'trigger' line) to the end
    4. save and play turn
    5. if it worked save the game and exit
    6. remove edited file
    7. restore original file
    8. continue game

Tried that, same problem. The issue is persistent across saves. Whenever I start a game and just keep going, I have no crashes or problems. But with any faction, if I reload any save, the game crashes when it's the AI's turn after I press end turn.

system.log-2.rar

i am playing version 4.1, the only problem is that, when i press the "+" on the mini map (the image freezes and doesn't move) then i press "-" and i can see the mini map normally. And the date with the little sun where you can see visually if its, winter or summer is not there... how can i fix this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201112195947_1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	363007