Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Regarding main menu = English, descriptions = German

This will be a matter of the text files in the mod's data\text folder. If you add new text files (in English now) to that folder then you need to delete all String.Bin files in the folder else you may fall foul of a date mismatch.

I got the mod working now and it's not that impeding. I had some German while on high school so it's not like the language is keeping me entirely in the dark. It's working now, aside from the odd glitch and crash here and there but that's fine . I'm able to spread my Swiss Neutrality all across the Italian Peninsula.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Very well then have fun
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Hi, big fan of your mod. However, my game keeps crashing regardless of the faction, on turn 5 and 13 (5.0 beta). Have not been able to play past turn 12. I dont use steam, and I already deleted the map file mentioned on one of the threads. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you

Many thank's for reporting the issue.
    If you could just try it one more time, probably it won't work, but please send me the log.txt file.

Anyhow, I'd really recommend to play the previous version 4.1 which is much more stable than beta 5.0.

I appreciate the prompt response. I deleted the game and installed the 4.1 version, so far have had no problem. If I re-install the (5.0) and the problem persists I'll be sure to send you the log.txt file. Great mod btw, keep up the good work!

Cool, have fun!

Laetus

Can I please get some help, I keep getting a message saying "Medieval 2 : Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit"

I'm not using steam, I tried to reload the save several times, I'm on turn 120 playing as Naples. I'm trying to take the settlement of Qairawan from spanish by assault with my spy inside opening the gates. It begins to load and just as the loading bar for the battle reaches the end, it crashes. This happens when I try to attack other armies too. Auto Resolve for the battles is working just fine, but my generals always lose a ridiculous number of men even when they win.
    here is the log file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fa...-MFuHtpdFq6bfE

Can anyone help me with the installation of the mod? Im using the Steam version and simply putting it in one of the Medieval 2 mod-folders doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli4s View Post
    Can anyone help me with the installation of the mod? Im using the Steam version and simply putting it in one of the Medieval 2 mod-folders doesnt work.
    I just installed it for the first time today. This is what I did. I created a new folder in the mods folder named Italian_wars, then installed the mod into there. Then I edited the executable.bat file in that folder to use medieval2.exe instead of kingdoms.exe and it ran fine.

What am I doing wrong? I installed the 4.1 patch but I am still getting the German text on everything except the main menu and the campaign introductions (tooltips, diplomacy options, etc.) Please help!

I’ll come back to you as soon as I am back home!

Icon14 Re: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    I’ll come back to you as soon as I am back home!
    Thank you for your prompt response. I don't know if this was the right solution but it worked for me, I took the files in the data/text - Kopie folder, and copy pasted them into the text folder, overwriting whatever duplicates were there. So far it's worked! I am having a blast with my Suisse pikemen! Thank you for all your hard work!

Ah great! Glad to hear that
    Have fund and don't forget to share your screenshots and stories of your battles!

There is a rebel army stuck at the top of the map, for probably 25-30 turns now. It does not move and cannot be attacked, for what looks to be the same reasons; it just can't move.

Could you provide me the coordinates of that rebel army?

Could you provide me the coordinates of that rebel army?
    pos 38,188 region id 4

I keep getting a CTD on turn 132. I'm playing as the Swiss and it crashes while the Swabian League is moving.

22:12:32.655 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <taschenuhr> not added - chance 5, random 42
    22:12:32.655 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0211_Spy_On_Settlement> fired
    22:12:32.655 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <ablasspro1> fired
    22:12:32.655 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <ablasscon1> fired
    22:12:32.656 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <KI_Support_Governor_Trigger> fired
    22:12:32.657 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <governing13> fired
    22:12:32.657 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <governing16> fired
    22:12:32.657 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <crooked_judge_vnv_trigger> fired
    22:12:32.657 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <crooked_judge> not added - chance 20, random 50
    22:12:32.661 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <inc_counter> at line 49243 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    22:12:32.661 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <factionsize> = 210
    22:12:32.661 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <generate_random_counter> at line 22951 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    22:12:32.661 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 22955 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    22:12:32.661 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 22955 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    22:12:32.662 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/war_normans.tga (from: D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    22:12:32.662 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/war_normans.tga.dds
    22:12:32.662 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/war_normans.tga (from: D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    22:12:35.820 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal0216 View Post
    pos 38,188 region id 4
    Thank's for reporting!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal0216 View Post
    I keep getting a CTD on turn 132. I'm playing as the Swiss and it crashes while the Swabian League is moving.
    Well, looks like a missing historic event..

I can look it up for you on the weekend, I fear, I won't mak it earlier..

Thank's for reporting!

Well, looks like a missing historic event..

I can look it up for you on the weekend, I fear, I won't mak it earlier..

I'm getting another crash with the Swabian League on turn 60 as the Ottomans.

Code:
    17:42:04.517 [system.io] [trace] exists: 3555: caching file: mods/italian_wars/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/windischer_bauernkrieg.tga (1400697618)
    17:42:04.517 [system.io] [trace] exists: 3556: caching file: mods/italian_wars/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/year_end_report.tga (1405551520)
    17:42:04.517 [system.io] [trace] exists: 3557: caching file: mods/italian_wars/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/zahlung_info.tga (1351530726)
    17:42:04.517 [system.io] [trace] exists: 3558: caching file: mods/italian_wars/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/zwoelf_artikel.tga (1400698170)
    17:42:04.517 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/war_normans.tga (from: D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    17:42:04.517 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/war_normans.tga.dds
    17:42:04.517 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/war_normans.tga (from: D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    17:42:07.609 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.