Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by juddur View Post
    Dunno if this a bug or not but its not anything game crashing but the ottoman's sieging Vienna script came up on turn 144 and they spawned in my lands in Rimini, I do have screenshots, but I don't know if this is thread to put them. It isn't game breaking but more immersion breaking.
    Thanks for pointing out, I'll fix the wrong coordinates.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Domaje's Avatar Libertus

Hello, when playing France the script seems broken if you enslave Florence. The spawned army does not disappear and thus the script does not move Charles to siege Naples some turns later.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

What was your last action?
    Ending a turn, reloading, saving?
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Domaje's Avatar Libertus

Playing the real time battle to conquer Florence then hitting the "exterminate" button. :p
    I looked at the script and it seems there is no entry in this event for the exterminate option, only for the occupy and sack ones.

Also, I changed a line in campaign_script to both Akt. III and IV of the events :
    Code:
            siege_settlement Charles de Valois, Neapel, maintain
    to
    Code:
            siege_settlement Charles de Valois, Neapel, attack
    I did this because I had a bug where my FL Charles was not appearing really on the strat map. The goal of the change is to force the player to do the battle directy instead of doing something else (like I did) and maybe break the script.
    If you don't play the battle directly but do another one (like I did) the script seems broken and instead of your FL you got a general named Charles de Valois. But he isn't really your FL but a doppelganger with no authority and 0 loyalty.
    I had another campaign when playtesting where I had my FL really spawning in Naples after conquering the city and assumed this was the real intended effect.

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

The Doppelgänger issue can be avoided by giving the character a label and using that label in the script, that way another character with the same name (totally possible btw and the reason for using labels) takes his place. Siege scripts usually use that method, made easy as in most cases they also spawn the sieging character.