Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

@Awesomedog - I am afraid I am unable to get to the bottom of the issue. this is a 'hail Mary': remove the 'unlocked file.txt' file in the imperial_campaign folder if it exists.

@Harpalykos
    1. check if radarmap2 is double the size of radarmap1
    2. check if there any map files (like in the 'base' folder, eg map_) in the imperial_campaign folder and remove them
    3. check if the mod has the 'show_hud_date = 1' in the [misc] section
    4 check if the descr_strat file has the 'show_date_as_turns' entry
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 13, 2020 at 10:36 PM.

I am also experiencing the save-load CTD error, and I've got more information:

Disabling the campaign_script does not stop the problem.

The problem seems only to kick in after turn 5? I've saved & reloaded before 5 and can continue, but not after 5... This is so bizarre.

Hi Gigantus,
    first time in the forum, I'm not sure if it is the right way but I need help . Playing the campaign with the Republic of Siena and at turn 6 crashes with the "medieval total war 2: unknow error and will exit".

I have the steam version
    Changed the executable in the Americas folder in order to make the mod start
    Log file is empty
    It crashes exactly when I push the next turn button and reaches the Ragusa faction but I maybe wrong because it is very fast.

Many thanks for your time

Hello, Gigantus!

I was playing Spain in TIW release 0.7.1 and for the past few hours I have not been able to stop the game from crashing a few turns after starting the campaign. In 1494, the game just encounters an unspecified error during an AI turn and reloading the game/ verifying files/ reinstalling didn't help. Not even restarting a new Spanish campaign fixed it since it just failed to get past the same turn. I have the logs, though. I would be extremely grateful if you could help me out.

Logs:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...fj?usp=sharing

freyreuxine13's Avatar Libertus

Hello!

I'm having trouble installing the mod. The installer always crash at 4%. Any fix for this?

"Gracchus, something more cheerful!"-Julius Caesar, HBO's Rome

at the start of the campaign, Florence's population is only 400, is there a reason why its so small?

(in real life was one of the most populated cities in europe, more than rome.)

Florence was 60k.

Rome was 50k.

is it a error?

Hello,

I was playing smoothly my Ultimate campaign and suddenly I have a CTD always when starts Milan turn. my system los message is this:

13:00:59.024 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31388 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.024 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31407 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.024 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31426 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.024 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31445 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.024 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31464 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.024 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31483 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.024 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31502 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.025 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29485 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.025 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29485 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.026 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29485 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.027 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29485 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.027 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29485 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.028 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29485 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.028 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29485 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.029 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29485 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:00:59.647 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Can any of you help me please?

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Well it seems, that I have made some mistake on the trigger events for the family dynasty traits / ancs..
    My bad, I am currently looking into it and trying to fix it.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am having that rather irritating 'oops quitting now message' when attempting to load battles. Custom battles are fine, but loading from the campaign map seems to be a problem. I do not know if could be related but have the same issues with the 1648 thirty years war mod. But not any others like Tsardoms TGC EDII ?
    So not graphics as I first thought.
    Any assistance, most appreciated

Blog Entries

Could be a loading screen related crash. Try the following:
    1. remove data\text\quotes.txt and string.bin
    2. remove data\descr_transition_screen.txt
    Keep copies! The error this is aimed at is caused by breaks in the numerical continuity in those files.

Hello, I'm having problems installing the mod. I followed the installation instructions, but the installer always stops saying that the papal coronation event file is corrupt. Any help on this?

Blog Entries

Looks like the installer got corrupted during download - try downloading again.

Ah the problem was with the outdated version on moddb. Installer seems to be fine here.

Blog Entries

Thanks for coming back with the solution - enjoy the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Well it seems, that I have made some mistake on the trigger events for the family dynasty traits / ancs..
    My bad, I am currently looking into it and trying to fix it.
    Hello Neadal, long time no see, we haven't spoken in a long time hope you are well. Last year I was troubling you with the changes you made in the music on the latest version. All the previous versions of your mod were amazing including the installation process but when it comes to music it comes down to personal taste in the end I suppose. All your mod's verions kept the original Medieval 2 music by jeff van dyke but for some reason you decided to remove them at you last version. You had given me instructions on which pages to visit to learn how to mod it myself back to what it was, but it seems it was too complex for me and I did not have the time. Since you are still working on this mod, I thought of asking you since for some reason you had decided to make a separate installation file for the sounds only in your latest version, could you perhaps make another separate sounds file as well, that restores all the original soundtracks that already existed in the older versions. This way people can have the freedom of preference in which music they can have on the mod, since it would be better for all to have the opportunity of that choice, not just me. I'm sure because you more knowledgeable it may be a matter of hours or a day or two for you to make the original sound file compatible with the latest version since it may take months for me to figure everything out, as unfortunately I was never a modder or ever attempted to mod anything before and I might cause some damage if I tamper with the files.

Also I would greatly appreciate it if you replaced the broken installation files on Moddb as to this day they still cause the papal coronation installation crash as I had attempted a fresh install today. You may have left it a solution for people to visit this site to try and install from here since 2018, but it's been years and it would be nice if people's lives were made a little easier. Also I do not know if most people even had successful installations downloading from this site that didn't give them the papal coronation bug but when I had tried following your instructions back then they were all in vain since for some reason even downloading from TW center the files were corrupt the same way and never managed to solve the issue. What I never told you was that I had happened to meet a Youtuber quite randomly who had made play through videos of your mod on youtube and I begged for help, and I was fortunate enough that he wanted to help me by sending me his personal installation files via email which weren't bugged. Only then had I managed to play the mod.

I really hope you give some attention to these 2 pressing issues whenever you have the time, as to be honest I haven't really enjoyed my experiences with your mod since version 0.7.1 and I have been somewhat impatient to feel the same enjoyment as when I had first installed your beta version year ago. This is still my favorite mod and I'm a big fan of your work. Take care.

P.s.: Your installation path you have written in your installation instruction for the sound file is wrong. It's final destination should not be sounds but the data file, since it creates a sound file automatically and places some files that are not meant to go in the sound file as well.
    Last edited by oorestis; July 22, 2021 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Thanks for coming back with the solution - enjoy the mod.
    Hello Gigantus, just wanted to ask about this issue I have were I can't play the mod, I had tried recently new start ups with different factions and I constantly keep crashing around the year 1494 or the turn right after the sack of Naples. It seems to keep happening no matter what faction I play. If you want me to give you logs, could you step by step tell me were to find them? Because I have never searched logs for medieval 2 before, and I think I was looking in the wrong places because I couldn't find any.
    Last edited by oorestis; July 22, 2021 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Could be a loading screen related crash. Try the following:
    1. remove data\text\quotes.txt and string.bin
    2. remove data\descr_transition_screen.txt
    Keep copies! The error this is aimed at is caused by breaks in the numerical continuity in those files.
    unfortunately, after doing this I just crash

Blog Entries

Sorry about that, but at least it rules out a quotes issue.

No need to apologise. Thank you kindly. Trial and error will find the results I'm confident. Nay hopeful as my reading into the period demand I campaign

Edit: Good Morning @Gigantus I can not claim to have done something or not done something. But the mod seems to be working at least Kingdom of Spain campaign to turn 60
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; August 20, 2021 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Sucess!

My game crashes around turn 8 no matter what faction I play. The Medieval II Total War error message pops up. I love the game but would like to proceed past 1495 if possible. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.