Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Well, data and sounds folder shouldn't be in the same folder to start with - sounds is a sub folder of data. The instruction said to extract it into the data\sounds folder of the mod. But that's besides the point - the installation should have placed a BAT and a CFG file into this folder if it's relation to the data folder is correct.

I can only think of a corrupted download, so downloading again would be the only option, but then you seem not to be the only one having this problem apparently. Your only respite would be if someone could compress and upload an already installed version, making a desktop shortcut to the BAT file should not be a problem then.
    It reminds me of a situation where some people couldn't install a mod because some non essential files (left over from modding, perhaps just info for the modder) had filenames that had special characters, eg Cyrillic, Kanji that their system wasn't set up to read when unpacking from the installer.

Swiss Confederacy:
    190 turns to 191 turns, "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

Senator

Try to turn Fog of war off before ending that turn. If this doesn`t help, watch whats the last thing happening before the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    Try to turn Fog of war off before ending that turn. If this doesn`t help, watch whats the last thing happening before the crash.
    It is effective initially, but after one turn, it still cracks at the period between 191 turns to 192 turns.

Hi i tried the mod but the papal state and the swiss confederation are destroyed in the first turns when their leader dies of old age, like there is no succession script. Is there a solution to solve this problem and am i the only one facing it? i tried to reinstall the mod too but still i have this problem

I was able to solve the papal coronation error by changing to the files from TWC. If you're like me and only replaced the three data files and not the .exe file, i.e. you have .exe from ModDB + the rest from TWC, you will still get the papal coronation error. Make sure you get the .exe from TWC and it should work.

Blog Entries

What exe, the one from post #460?

Putting a few more catholic priest with some piety on the map via descr_strat should solve the succession problem. Preferably bishops.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 08, 2019 at 12:04 AM.

Hi, im playing with Spain and every 2-3 turns and always, no matter what i doing..CTD.
    I have rtx 2080, 32gb, all updated.

Can you help me?

Thanks
    Si la aventura de España me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1º
    ---------------------------------

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Best thing is you provide us with the log.txt file. Then we can have a detailed look at your problem
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Hello guys, first of all thank you for the awesome work you've done with this mod. I've searched the forum a lot and couldn't find an answer for my problem, so here it is: I have the steam version of MTW2K on a Mac, and installed the mod two weeks ago. The first time I played, it ran smoothly without a single issue. I started a campaign, played normally without a crash. Then I saved the game and exited. The second time I tried to play, it crashed just after the first screen, the title screen. Then I reinstalled the game, played normally again the first time after, and then, boom, it crashed in the same spot when I tried to play a second time. I deleted the maps file in maps/base which seemed to be the problem in other mods, but it didn't work. I didn't reinstall the game a second time because that didn't work the first time. Anybody has any ideas? Thank you very much for your help and again, tremendous work with the mod! Best I've ever played so far!

Blog Entries

Have a look if you followed all these steps.

This perhaps?

Last, but not least.

Hey thanks again! Apparently it was something with the sounds files. I re-downloaded and copied again and it worked just fine! Thanks for the help!
    Another thing about the mod, I am currentlyvplaying with siena in the turn 207, and never had trouble so far with bugs in the campaign. In the last turns, however, there are several armies of the Swabian league spawning, and I don't know if this is a glitch or not, I've tried to look it up on the forums but found nothing.

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

Swabian spawns - very likely scripted if they appear all at once. No related event message?

I don't remember seeing such a message (maybe I just got carried away playing and didn't notice it), but I thought it was weird because there are too many armies. Thankfully there is a lot of settlements between my territory and theirs! Thanks anyway!

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

I'm sure we discussed this before, and I had the issue on other mods. But since I restarted playing DIK last weekend I have no music playing anymore, aside from the loading screen for battles. Any ideas?
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Blog Entries

Look like an accidental global option reset. Do check the CFG file settings of DIK (and any other mod) if anything sound related is in there, then check the volume settings in the in game audio settings, music, speech and effects can be set individually from the master volume.

Hi, my problem is this one :

I have the steam version of M2TW.
    When I click on the mod launcher on my desktop, it launch M2TW vanilla, not the mod.

What should I do?
    Last edited by Floren d'Asteneuz; November 08, 2019 at 01:12 PM.

Dunno if this a bug or not but its not anything game crashing but the ottoman's sieging Vienna script came up on turn 144 and they spawned in my lands in Rimini, I do have screenshots, but I don't know if this is thread to put them. It isn't game breaking but more immersion breaking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Floren d'Asteneuz View Post
    Hi, my problem is this one :

I have the steam version of M2TW.
    When I click on the mod launcher on my desktop, it launch M2TW vanilla, not the mod.

What should I do?

Not sure if the mod is steam compatible, so apply this tutorial, then start it again with it's desktop shortcut.
    Additonally check if your Steam launch option have an entry in it by right clicking the game in the library and then checking the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Not sure if the mod is steam compatible, so apply this tutorial, then start it again with it's desktop shortcut.
    Additonally check if your Steam launch option have an entry in it by right clicking the game in the library and then checking the option.
    You did it!

Thank you. The problem was the steam launch option. I had a mod several years ago and I had to change the steam launch options and steam kept it in memory.

Thanks again!