Default Re: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Hallo, wonderful MOD, congratulations!

Here my list of bugs for The Italian Wars - Ultimate 0.8.9

1. NO Steam
    2. NO save files
    3. NO CTD here, bug is persistent since turn nr. 1

BUG #1

4. Faction is Bologna, Multiplayer -> Hotseat
    I receive a even "FUNDS EXHAUSTED" when entering the faction at turn 1, but my cash is still 8000. Problem is that Bologna CAN NOT (and never) ENROLE ANY MILITARY UNIT despite owning City Watch. The event panel suggests to 'reduce' number of units or to expand. I did both things but Bologna still unable to select any military unit. Town panel is blank except for agents.
    I also conquered Faenza but things didn't change. I tried by console to Process_cq all military buildings but Bologna can NEVER create any army. Other factions regularly enrole combat units.

BUG #2

4. All factions, Multiplayer -> Hotseat
    This happens no matters how many factions got controlled by humans. It happens that events get progressively stacked...in a way that second faction played displays all events from first faction...third faction inherits all events from 1st and 2nd ..I mean event NOT PERTINENT to them....the last faction goes mad deleting ALL events from previous factions...this is both confusing (because events are concerned with different factions) and boring, of course.
    Please 'notice' this happens playing all factions from one single pc, without saving any save file and reloading (like sending save files by email into a hs) ...
    Indeed I am testing before suggesting this as a new hotseat for my friends

Thank you for reading
    Aquila Romana,
    Fortezza Bizantina!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius

Ciao I believe that bug #2 is a medieval II script thing in hotseat on a single machine. But don't quote me
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; October 18, 2021 at 07:14 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I don't get worked up over people anymore: they get a post-it with 'ridiculous' on their forehead and that's it.
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Bug 1 sounds like the recruitment limit script, where it's not about funds but rather the number of units in play. Can't remember if disbanding units resets the number immediately but you could give a go, disband most units and see if in the next turn you can recruit.

Bug 2 - agree with Antiokhos, that will be a script that's not hot seat compatible, eg uses the FactionIsLocal condition intended to fire only once in single player but fires multiple times in hot seat and hence stacks with unintended consequences.

Foederatus

Thank you guys for your answers.

Here is some progress.

Bug 1 - I disbanded all units from Bologna and received on next turn an Event "Funds available now"...now unit are recruitable. So it's better to say this - even if really WEIRD - doesn't exactly looks as a bug but rather as a designer choice. There is still something that makes me uncomfortable. Either the event was misleading (Bologna has funds) or tied to some specific historical reason (in this case it needed better explanation). Anyway....what matters is that Bologna allows units to be recruited again...

As for Bug 2 - how do I disable that script so that I can make this mod playable in hs ? it's a really nice mod, it's a pity if I can't make it go in hs...of course at the moment it can't...because all events stacks for each new turn making it reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelly disappointing to play.

Thank you so much
    Aquila Romana,
    Fortezza Bizantina!

Gigantus's Avatar I don't get worked up over people anymore: they get a post-it with 'ridiculous' on their forehead and that's it.

Blog Entries

Thanks for confirming that it was indeed a recruitment script, working as intended but with confusing info.

As to the second bug - you will have no choice other then to save and reload if you are playing in hotseat mode. That is the default approach for it and what's happening to you is reflecting this. In fact it's a mechanic that is in play to make sure a global historic event message is received by the player regardless which faction he plays in single player mode and on which faction's turn it was triggered.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 25, 2021 at 12:24 AM.

Foederatus

WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW

Bug 2 - solved by saving and reloading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT NEWS so I can offer this mod as an hs to my group!!!! VEEEEEERY HAPPY!!!!
    Aquila Romana,
    Fortezza Bizantina!

Blog Entries

Glad to hear it's solved. Enjoy it with your friends.