Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Total war: Rome 2 Elimination Tournament [Completed: Reptilicus wins]

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Total war: Rome 2 Elimination Tournament - SIGN UP OPEN!

Quote Originally Posted by GoTW Kubee View Post
    It might also be worth putting a rule in about max 8 pikes (to prevent boxing) and no red-line camping.
    There is already rule for max same 4 unit card (I will quickly take a look closer about number of pikes) and I will not believe that anybody would red-line camping in this tournament.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

The Rome 1 veteran speaks wisely I would not mind the boxing as in Rome 1, not to do red line camping is a matter of "netiquette". But for any case it should be in the rules.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    The Rome 1 veteran speaks wisely I would not mind the boxing as in Rome 1, not to do red line camping is a matter of "netiquette". But for any case it should be in the rules.
    Sound good reasons. I added them, but I don't believe that anybody from TWC would do that. Also Pikes are not OP anymore, so they can get killed very well on skirmishers or swords and cavalry by behind.

As of now we will have reserves in case opponents dont show.
    Last edited by BunnyPoopCereal; July 25, 2014 at 08:00 PM.

Content Emeritus

Alright ladies! 2 hours and 20min to SIGN IN close!

Because we are getting close to begin. I will now tell maps, where you guys gonna play.

You can practice on these maps now:
    These maps you can find in MAIN CAMPAIGN on ready listed locations!

WEATHER: DRY, SUMMER!

MAP: Attacker-defender location

Nemetocenna (west-east)
    Stonehenge (west-east/north-south )
    Pyramids (North-south)
    Akink (west-east)

In first stage, you can freely choose 1 of 4 maps!
    When we have 8 players left, then we will play on these 4 maps on rounds. Example: First round Pyramids, semi-finals stonehenge etc...

Grand Final and Shameful Bronze matches will be in unique map, so that map I will tell after semi-finals.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; July 25, 2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: added weather

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    Sound good reasons. I added them, but I don't believe that anybody from TWC would do that. Also Pikes are not OP anymore, so they can get killed very well on skirmishers or swords and cavalry by behind.
    I agree with this sentiment, especially with pila being as powerful as they are. Pike boxing seems, to me at least, to be a non issue unless you just get completely build countered (which should only happen if your taking a non balanced and risky army).

Edit: It would be funny if I lose to someone pike boxing me now
    Last edited by sobchack; July 25, 2014 at 06:17 PM.

Content Emeritus

Content Emeritus

Default Re: Total war: Rome 2 Elimination Tournament - SIGN UP CLOSED!

Bracket lottery is now finished here:

It was quite difficult to make good bracket with 21 ppl, so we decided reduce it back to normal plan, 16. Also we created reserve so if anybody from contenders will be absent, forget etc... he will be replaced by another player! I apologize that this accident went to happen!

Anyway, pairs are now up. Now it is up to you, contenders to communicate with your opponent and deal about match time. Everyone will play same map. Now it is NEMETOCENNA (attacket West- defender East) so you two can decide who is who, but i can say that both maps are flats and have some tactical places. Remember rules and send replay to this thread for checking!

Now you know map and opponent, so you have saturday for use tactical plan, decide your faction (NO ROMANS IN 1st round) and practice with any your friend. Sunday is offical match day against your opponent!

May the gods be with everyone!

by Noif and Bunny

IF HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, THEN ASK BY US! REMEMBER CHECK BUNNY's OP for time schedule for this tournament!
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; July 26, 2014 at 06:33 PM.

Bracket change: The Prussian Prince is now matched against Adamwestisgod

Reptilicus's Avatar Civis
    Finland-Jyväskylä,from Serbia originally.

I`ve got a question,is this single elimination ? I read something different,so now i`m totally confused And will there be a cap on missile cavalry for non nomadic factions?
    Dragon of the steppe

Reptilicus
    - winner of the TWC olympics Rome 2 tournament,and many more.
    Youtube channel,bringing you true competitive,non generic multiplayer with legendary campaign guides ! https://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilicusJungleLair/

I suppose it's single elimination, but... is it best of 3? It should be best of 3/best of 5, I think, since a best of 1 is too short. Regarding the maps, who chooses the map? I couldn't find such a rule, and there could be issues with both players not agreeing to use a specific map.

I do think it's BO 1 and yes elimination tournament seems to be the format since we can't do proper groups !

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by PrussianPrince View Post
    I suppose it's single elimination, but... is it best of 3? It should be best of 3/best of 5, I think, since a best of 1 is too short. Regarding the maps, who chooses the map? I couldn't find such a rule, and there could be issues with both players not agreeing to use a specific map.
    You will see map in bracket picture. As i told before, We are already set 5 maps what we will play and each round will be different map. Keep eye what I have posted.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicFrench View Post
    I do think it's BO 1 and yes elimination tournament seems to be the format since we can't do proper groups !
    Yes, It is Best of 1. If you lose match it then you are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Reptilicus View Post
    I`ve got a question,is this single elimination ? I read something different,so now i`m totally confused And will there be a cap on missile cavalry for non nomadic factions?
    Yes, it is single elimination. For army stuffs, you can find in OP, what are limited and what are not.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyPoopCereal View Post

Bracket change: The Prussian Prince is now matched against Adamwestisgod
    Eh? I just now heared about Omnipotent-Q withdraw and adamwestisgod is replaced on him, what about prussian prince?
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; July 26, 2014 at 04:57 AM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Let the games begin and may the god of Mars be with you! Strenght and honour!
    Good luck and have fun everyone. If anyone wants to stream via twitch please announce it. I could also provide a streaming if you like. I recently made a twitch account and my computer / connections suits well enough for streaming as a spectator. Of course you could enter your own twitch account credentials into my Rome (temporarily) via teamviewer if you like, as your channels are probably well known.
    Last edited by alQamar; July 26, 2014 at 06:08 AM.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

I'm probably going to play the match at 6-7 AM GMT tomorrow (27), as it seems like it's fairly unlikely for us to be able to play at any other time. alQamar you may stream our match if you wish, though it's likely very early for you as well.

PS: I'll probably stream it myself.
    Last edited by removeduser_86732453; July 26, 2014 at 08:22 AM.

Content Emeritus

deleted
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; July 26, 2014 at 06:33 PM.

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

A shame that lionheart couldn't make it, I wanted to beat him
    And steal all his subscribers oh well, legend had 5000 and they will all join my ranks once he is defeated! That's how it works right?

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Ahahah so you're really under pressures as "big" Youtubers :p

Shame on you if you loose, may Athena help you !

Anyway have fun everyone and show no mercy !

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PrussianPrince View Post
    I'm probably going to play the match at 6-7 AM GMT tomorrow (27), as it seems like it's fairly unlikely for us to be able to play at any other time. alQamar you may stream our match if you wish, though it's likely very early for you as well.

PS: I'll probably stream it myself.
    Hi Prince, yes this is very early for a Sunday, even though I am generally at home tomorrow and probably will watch the F1 Grand Prix in the afternoon.
    Imagine, I would wake up at 8-9 (MEST) just to stream a game - even before breakfast on a Sunday - my gf considerably won't be very happy about that.

So are there other tourney members playing their game tomorrow at a later time, want to have their game streamed via twich? Feel free to add me on Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/alQamar/
    http://www.twitch.tv/al_qamar

If you like we can make also appointments for twitch streaming support for the future days

Round 2 will begin Tuesday July 29th

Round 3 Will begin Thursday July 31th

Round 4 Final and Bronze match will begin Saturday August 2nd

btw: Good joke Darren, I won't to be involved into the "Battle of Subscribers" and this is not the movitation why I want to stream the games at all. I think it is just nice to have feature and even might enlarge the TWC multiplayer community.
    Last edited by alQamar; July 26, 2014 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenTotalWar View Post
    A shame that lionheart couldn't make it, I wanted to beat him
    And steal all his subscribers oh well, legend had 5000 and they will all join my ranks once he is defeated! That's how it works right?
    Well considering I told them all to subscribe to you I doubt beating me in a 1v1 is going to change anything. It's not like I'm known for being good at it. Beat me at the head to head and thats a different story.
    Medieval 2 Total War Blitz Record with the Turks - 14 turns!
    Medieval 2 Total War Peasant Campaign Challenge with Egypt - 112 regions - 27 turns to spare!
    Next challenge : Total War: Shogun 2 - Ikko Ikki Legendary Campaign - No agents, temples, loan swords.
    Like me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Legend-of-Total-War/345399385581266
    Check me out on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/LegendofTotalWar