Thread: Axe animations

Default Axe animations

Hey, does anyone know if there are any plans to implement new animations for axes? I find it so immersion breaking to see someone stab an axe head through the chest of someone else...
    Get to the trireme!

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Axe animations

I agree, I hope there are plans for that.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

I don't think there will be until an expansion (if we see a BI expansion) but there are mods available that remove the stabbing animations from axes.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heišinn Vešr: Total War

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

I think you are out of luck. I read in some interview a year ago or so that they could only fit in a limited number of animations into.. the... eh... code? I seriously dont understand why. But if that is the case, they will have to remove some before they can add axe animations
    Head Scout: You've got three days to earn a badge.
    Peter:Three days? That's tomorrow! We gotta get going!

They couldn't add more relevant animations because they had to add pointless fluff like facial animations, priorities...
    Last edited by emperor77; July 12, 2014 at 04:27 AM.

In R2TR, our animation sets limit the axe animations to only non-stabbing ones. I believe more animations can be added (look at the star wars mod with stormtrooper animations, and medieval mod with trebuchet animations), but then we'd need somebody to come and animate them for us!
    modificateurs sans frontičres

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

It can be added, But CA wont since they need to make new ones in the motion capture studio and that cost money. Modders can always make animations and add them if they want.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Has anyone got a link to a mod that limits it to non-stabby animations? I've been searching but I can't find it
    Get to the trireme!

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Fisher View Post
    Has anyone got a link to a mod that limits it to non-stabby animations? I've been searching but I can't find it
    Good news? I found it for you.

Bad news... It's a submod for Divide Et Impera. You can find it here;

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...axe+animations

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heišinn Vešr: Total War