Thread: Can you Successfully Conquer the World In This Mod, Game-Breaking CTD Free?

Default Can you Successfully Conquer the World In This Mod, Game-Breaking CTD Free?

Hey all.

I've been a long-time fan of empire - despite its faults, I had quite a lot of fun playing the United States. I always reached a point where my campaign was un-finishable. I was using the American Revolution mod at the time, and after I owned all of India and North America, I waged war with Prussia, me owning the western half and them the eastern half of eurasia. However, in playing, it would take the game hours of real-life time to process an end turn - sometimes just hanging completely even after 24 hours.

I read that this was a fault potentially with the engine in Empire: Total War, and that if it hits you, you're SOL.

My current computer is a i5 processor and has 12 GB of ram. I'm wondering if I re-install Empire:Total War alongside this mod, would it be possible for me to actually finish a world-conquering campaign, CTD free?

I just got done trying the AMAZING great war mod for Napoleon: Total War, but had to throw in the towel after several game-crushing CTD's (was also bummed you couldn't start out as the U.S. even though they can appear in the main campaign!).

Anyways, would appreciate any feedback or input. Thank you everyone!

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Can you Successfully Conquer the World In This Mod, Game-Breaking CTD Free?

FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE:
    Go into your Empire Preferences script file located in Drive C;Users/user name/AppData/Roaming/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts/preferences.empire_script.
    scroll down to the bottom of the script and find these two lines:
    multithreaded_model_enabled false; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 0; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    Change it to read this:
    multithreaded_model_enabled true; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 2; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    (If you use a quad core processor the number of thread should put is 4. Click save.)
    Go back to the preferences file and right click on it and go to properties and click 'read only' and then apply then ok.