Thread: Napoleon Darthmod vs Empire Darthmod

Default Napoleon Darthmod vs Empire Darthmod

Hello guya,
    i plan to play one of these games, but i am not sure which to choose. I get, what are the differences between the vanilla games.
    But can anyone tell me, what are the differences in Darthmod versions? Which one do you prefer ?
    Thanks.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Napoleon Darthmod vs Empire Darthmod

Empire has the way bigger campaign with more to do. 3 continents to play on. Napoleon has a smaller map and the campaign is short but more intense. Napoleon has better graphics and the Battle Ai is less wonky. Napoleon is also more stable with less CTD. For the most epic campaign play Darth Empire with Causa Belli and Bran sub mod.

So with the mods, is the Empire Ai on par with Napoleon or not quite ?

Or what do you mean by less wonky ?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

The path finding is better in Napoleon and the unit cohesion in formations is better. I got the line formation and cohesion to work very well in my Napoleon mod-they line up in good formation and fire away. Empire was a to get the units to line up straight and fire and not wander around (wonky) strange behavior. I got it as good as it is going to get with Empire. Worked on it for hundreds of hours testing different settings and got it so the battles are fun to play. So with the mods(that is mine) the AI is close to Napoleon performance is close but not the whole cigar.

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Napoleon doesn't have the, for me, game breaking Ottoman problem, where the game grinds to a halt, regardless of CPU speeds, during the Ottoman Empires AI turn, which can take a couple of minutes to complete, which is something to do with the AI filtering its units through Instanbul and making a complete hash of it! Now, if some one could mod Empires map to remove this problem Empire would become a whole different prospect...Playing as the Pirate faction is great fun!

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by zzzms View Post
    Napoleon doesn't have the, for me, game breaking Ottoman problem, where the game grinds to a halt, regardless of CPU speeds, during the Ottoman Empires AI turn, which can take a couple of minutes to complete, which is something to do with the AI filtering its units through Instanbul and making a complete hash of it! Now, if some one could mod Empires map to remove this problem Empire would become a whole different prospect...Playing as the Pirate faction is great fun!
    Well, I don't know if this would work for everyone but it does for me: I found that when the game halts during either the Ottomans or Swedens turn I simply have to alt-ctrl-delete in order to bring up task manager and then close task manager and return to the game and it moves on to the next turn with no problem.