Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which submod do you all find most enjoyable?

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

Default Which submod do you all find most enjoyable?

I'm getting a new computer soon so I'll be able to try one soon. I've only completed 2 vanilla campaigns (silvans m/vh and gondor h/vh) but I feel I've a good handle on the game mechanics and I don't mind learning through defeat.

I'm hoping this will be a place for a constructive debate and not for bashing/flaming the submods one doesn't play.

Also sorry if this has been done before, I tried the search function and scrolled through recent threads and didn't see anything…
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Default Re: Which submod do you all find most enjoyable?

I enjoy MOS for the scripted events, FRoGS for the new units, Perillicious Compilation Pack for the new factions and bigger map. Divide and Conquer for all the above.
    This signature is clickable

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

I play Withwnar's Submod Collection when I play.
    I like TATW more or less as it is, but WSC contain the most crucial submod there is for TATW or IMO: Total Diplomacy, as it enables resonable diplomacy which I always missed in pre-Empire TW games.
    To that come the delightful SAUS that enables special units to some factions that add flavour, much improved Palantirs, the Bodyguard Switcher and DCI: Tôl Acharn adding counter-invasions (not surprising I like that as a co-creator haha, but non the less)
    It has no performance penalty too boot which is a plus, as my computer tend to handle floods of content slow hehe ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

My greatest recommendation would be MOS, as it's a really amazing set of submods and honestly I find it extremely hard to even consider playing TATW without it. However, if you would prefer fewer scripts and a more "vanilla-friendly" atmosphere, leo's 4.6 patch is an excellent submod, and extremely well done. I would, however, wait for the 4.6.1 patch, which should come shortly.

I enjoy MOS for scripts as mentioned, and DAC for all the factions and a huge map

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Even though it's still in beta, i prefer DaC because of a few things:
    The new map especially made with the new factions in mind.
    The new factions and units it adds that are alot of exclusives to DaC.
    The intergration of Leo's unofficial patch (Leo creates his submod, DaC converts it, and after that MOS takes the content from DaC).
    The huge attention to lore, and alot of events.
    The Khazad Dûm restoration campaign is also awesome to play.

I really like MOS aswell because of all the options it comes with, but i kinda feel like stuff is missing now i have played DaC. And the DaC campaign map doesn't work very well outside of DaC.

If i want to play a more vanilla friendly experience i prefer Leo's 4.6 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Point_Man View Post
    I enjoy MOS for the scripted events, FRoGS for the new units, Perillicious Compilation Pack for the new factions and bigger map. Divide and Conquer for all the above.

This one is kinda how i feel too.
    Last edited by Dutch-Balrog; July 10, 2014 at 06:42 AM.

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

When you guys says "events" what do you mean? Like the barracks event?
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Quote Originally Posted by riuk881 View Post
    When you guys says "events" what do you mean? Like the barracks event?
    I think they probably mean events like the elves departure and dunland rises..See the links below.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=390535 ,http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382562

Keep in mind that mos is the "sequel" of baron samedi's mod compilation

I am playing DaC, there are great number of factions and units... also very good map, but it lacks scripted events and choices...
    I would like to try MOS but i cant donwload a thing from the MEGA.. :/ sad
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Why can't you download from MEGA? Do you live in some dictatorship where awesome mods are banned?

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    but it lacks scripted events and choices...
    Just for the sake of information, in the next version this problem is finished.

I wonder how well it would work out to put MOS's scripts in DaC.

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

I don't get the problem...

i definitly LOVE all the events in MOS. Besides that, this mod is really polished. The only thing i would like to see in the future is 2-3 new factions + (even) more custom settlements, but im confindent that will come along

I play two different ones: the latest MOS for all the many scripts and additional content---really, you can't go wrong with MOS. Great fun!---and the 4.6 Alternative Patch when I play Dwarves. What the latter lacks in bells and whistles, it makes up for it in spades through sheer beauty, particularly the dwarven units. Stunning stuff. I especially love what the 4.6 patch did to the Khazad Guards: dual-wielding death machines.

Well..... I have both MOS and DAC and honestly... i would recommend MOS!! IT has variety of units, map lore-oriented, AMAZING costum settlements,GREAT music during gameplay-campaign map-and battle map(man i JUST love MOS music Audio), it really gives you an epic experience on middle earth and of course LOTS of scripts that give much flavour to the game!!But DAC also has its uprights!! Has more factions to choose and play... and the way they are separated like the Principality of Dol-Amroth from the other gondor state... i really liked it...also the Rangers of the north from eriador..... Heaven of Umbar from Harad... its very very lore orientend, also the great variety of units, But i would recomend MOS for 2 reasons
    1. DAC's lack of scripts(i think that this will be fixed in the future we will see)
    2.MOS's STABILITY right now!! The possibilities of getting crashes right now in MOS are very minimal if you havent done something wrong on your instalation!Couldnt say the same thing about DAC though.....i was very distresfull about the problem with the kha zad dum campaign being unplayable and i think it still is!And also there are times that DAC works perfectly for me but there are times that i might get random crushes and it really frustrates me!! But i cant forget that DAC its still a BETA and its currently being worked more to fix many of its issues!For now i would recomend MOS to somebody... we will see if i change my mind about DAC in the future!!
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

You are basing your opinion on a public beta, not the actual full release.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    You are basing your opinion on a public beta, not the actual full release.
    Thats why i said.. "But i cant forget that DAC is still a BETA and its currenctly being worked more to fix many its issues!"
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

Ah, missed that part.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

all of them are worth a try at least and it's impossible to say that one is far better than the others, it's just subjective

the best sumbod, is the one you have not played yet
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast