Thread: Is it possible to mod one defensive behavior?

Default Is it possible to mod one defensive behavior?

Love TATW and the MOS sub-mod. Thanks for all the hard work; the modders at TWCenter are selfless geniuses.

My question:

This may be a larger M2 issue, but when I lay siege to an enemy settlement, once my archers and/or artillery are/is in position and start firing, the enemy rarely responds. They just sit there and die. To test it, I have let the battle go on until every last enemy is dead--they never move except to reorder their formations. This does happen more often when I engage a significantly smaller force than it does when the two forces are more evenly matched, but not all the time. I have experienced large forces do the same thing.

I am wondering then what line(s) one might modify to make the AI charge (or in some way react) when it is under fire? I would prefer to modify it so that the AI goes on the offensive when under fire if possible.

Thanks for any advice you can provide. I usually play on medium battle difficulty. If this behavior can be altered simply by moving to a harder difficulty, I can just do that.

thanks!!

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Is it possible to mod one defensive behavior?

You win the battle by either killing everyone, routing everyone or keeping the center of the settlement for a set amount of time.

What the AI does, it shields itself against the third possibility.
    Also, if the enemy does not have missile units, staying in the center of the settlement is the standard procedure. If it has missile units, it will try to offer a reply of some sorts.
    The AI also takes into account the overall rapport of power : if it has too few units, it will not budge from there, as keeping the center of the town for a set amount of time will buy them victory.

I play on VH/VH and I can tell you that IF you besiege a settlement and IF the rapport of power is somewhat equal or close, you will see the AI take a more aggresive stance when you assault said settment (once had infantry-Boromir killed by a Nazgul inside a town, right next to the walls. what a battle that was!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Thanks! I'll just adjust the battle difficulty then on my next campaign

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Answered and

CLOSED:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

* Any moderation considerations are welcome, just send a PM *

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory