Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Patch 14

Default Re: Patch 14

All games DLC and patches are thoroughly tested. Even patches that come out in beta testing first are well tested. However internal testing have a lot of problems first off 20-50 people testing a game internally will not come across as as many bugs as 100 000 people would in the same time, even if they are professionals. Now im just speculating here but i assume that they have computers with similar performance which could make the process even harder. Then after that there is the problem of finding the cause of the bug and correcting it without messing up the rest of the game.

As an MPC player you learn this quick as stability in the game varies from patch to patch, because CA often sacrifice multiplayer campaign stability in favour of singleplayer content... So it sucks for me that they care about you whiners, im just grateful if the game runs without desyncs.
    Last edited by DeliCiousTZM; July 09, 2014 at 10:22 AM.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Looks like it ain't coming today. It's a bit late - I think the latest a beta patch has been released is at about 4:15PM
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    Looks like it ain't coming today. It's a bit late - I think the latest a beta patch has been released is at about 4:15PM
    yea im afraid your right. Call me stupid but for some reason i have a feeling this patch might be improved siege AI or Politics overhaul. Of course that is some wishful thinking but they've been working on this patch for awhile

a political overhaul aint happening

Quote Originally Posted by crucify_ego View Post
    a political overhaul aint happening
    Maybe next game.

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

well i personally think theese patches are annoying
    Last edited by Andre J. Jassoch; July 23, 2014 at 03:39 AM.

what have the previous 13 patches fixed??
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    A lot.

(scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Im currently watching the thread along with Jack.

take your time guys, nobody benefits from a rushed patch.

Fix the multiplayer campaign out of sync issues

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by FieryMastermind View Post
    Fix the multiplayer campaign out of sync issues
    This!!!
    I'v been playing multiplayer with zero problems pretty much since release, and after patch 13 my friend and i can't get more than 10 turns in before it desync

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Anti-aliasing?
    Hah, what am i thinking.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post

A lot of none sense/minor bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Not what I'm seeing... but ok...

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

I think we might have to wait another week for it.

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    I support this, but let me elaborate

First, CA put A LOT of work into the patches. We also did see some awesome work with the Seasons and Wonders DLC, a new battle map here and there and the effort to improve the AI! Now, the dark side of the patching & DLC madness is:

- pretty much the majority of the bullet points are aspects that belong into the category: "fixing the complete disastrously rushed release and making the game playable at all"
    - CA's DLC whoring has reached the lowest level one can think of: Beasts of War, Faction Fragmenting and Mini-Campaigns??? All paid? Fantasy units, 2 new campaign maps instead improving the Grand Campaign itself and unlocking (respectively locking for all modders who have unlocked them already) factions is the worst I can think off. There is no real content provided. On the other hand why is Seasons & Wonders a Free-LC? It was the only patch that provided new and worthy content. Instead of CA doing the shortcut of providing content that modders could do a hundred times better, I would want them to add more real content we can not do like most of the things that are listed here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-into-Rome-II
    - the performance issues were sold as super awesome work, but actually from what I see now on my battles is ridiculous. LoD, texture and models all lost on quality... Is this really to be credited to CA as a performance patch? I don't think so, I wouldn't have expected that Rome II's graphics get worse after patching. In 2013 my Rome II was much more beautiful than what it is now. PS: Have you seen the Super Mario (of the era of Nintendo) like Pixel soldiers when you zoom out? Its super hilariously funny.

I am sorry to all who support CA and absolutely love Rome II. I do as well, but I do not freak out on the patching, DLC interpretation of CA/SEGA and Rome II's current state, yet.

All this and Rome II could have turned out to a legend and paragon of the gaming industry. The PR beforehand was awesome, just as soon the game was release the big bubble just burst. This was a big disappointment to me.

I think we don't really want that now since the game has been patched well and is playable now that future patches turn out as something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife View Post
    CA are spending it placebo stock,but people still believing.
    So at the end, to save the issue we need more focus on content that improves immersion and strategy for Rome II in my opinion (and not more units, factions and mini-maps).
    Last edited by Hetairos; July 10, 2014 at 10:36 AM.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

So you dont freak out on announcements of dlc, patching and the patching itself, but do freak out on everything the hypebuilders say and advertise before the game is out? Never go to macdonalds then, you'll die of shock when you see the difference between the advert and what you get on your tray.

And dlc whoring? Every company does dlc. Dlc isnt new for TW either, so i dont see why you are shocked by that.

Have a look at Train simulator and CK2 in steam, then you will see what dlc whoring really is.

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    So you dont freak out on announcements of dlc, patching and the patching itself, but do freak out on everything the hypebuilders say and advertise before the game is out? Never go to macdonalds then, you'll die of shock when you see the difference between the advert and what you get on your tray.

And dlc whoring? Every company does dlc. Dlc isnt new for TW either, so i dont see why you are shocked by that.

Have a look at Train simulator and CK2 in steam, then you will see what dlc whoring really is.
    Well there are a few differentiations.

Well, if you trust a company and have accompanied it for 10 years than yes, I did freak out by the hype builders so to speak. Will I ever freak out again with this kind of experience CA/SEGA provided me? Well, probably not. They lost me trust here.

I am not shocked. I tried to especially elaborate that I do not argue against DLC whoring in general. Its a common business practice that I don't approve, but can not ask CA to not to do, since they would have a negative effect if they were the only ones who do not use it for their advantage. The major issue with CA's DLC is what they chose the DLC to be, new units, new mini maps and unlocking factions. No matter what you argue CK2's DLC whoring is much much better: NEW features, NEW music, NEW content that modders can not do and so on. Both whore on DLC and yes CK2 has much more DLC packs, but just wait it out, we will soon have enough DLC like CK2 as well. But there is a huge difference between the content that was provided. Hence, me being confused why CA did release the only DLC with really new content (Wonders & Seasons) as FLC and gives us stuff that every modder can do much better as DLC. At the end DLC is nothing else than a monthly subscription to a game. Now I expect to get new features and new content for that subscription and not fragmentation and unlocking / locking style CA does.

PS: If you want to get prepared to the ultimate DLC whoring than prepare yourself for the Free-To-Play TW: Arena (imo which will lead to the end of the Total War Franchise). Which at least theoretically could be close since there was a new TW book announced. Could suit the purpose to do a bit of PR for the Arena release??
    Last edited by Hetairos; July 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM.

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    And dlc whoring? Every company does dlc.
    Yeah, totally valid if its done by multiple companies.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Nico CA View Post
    Hi all,
    Thanks for all you messages regarding patch 14.
    We do not have a confirmed ETA on when the beta version of patch 14 will be available. In order to avoid any further confusion, I am not going to give any estimation.
    We will let you know once we are able to provide a definitive release date.

- Nico
    current statement from CA