Thread: MTW Gold Version and Mods

Icon5 MTW Gold Version and Mods

Hello Everyone!

I am really excited that people still play this. I recently played a Byzantines High period campaign. Lots of Fun!

I wanted to ask, I have MTW Gold and for some reason as I am trying to get BKB super mod to install, it does not work or register it at all. I wanted to know is there a trick to getting mods to work or am I doing something wrong? I would really like to play BKB and XL again (a decade after the fact ). Can anyone help me out?

Thanks again!

What a great game eh?

Have a good one.

Spetz

Suspended by Request
    Citizen

Default Re: MTW Gold Version and Mods

BKB is extremely buggy, I've never been able to run it. I've only ever gotten MTW XL mod to run.

have you installed the gold edition patch? If you haven't that might be your problem, though I must admit I have never played the BKB mod. I have played XL, and for me it works just fine with the gold edition.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

From BKB's own install instructions over at the org:

"VERY IMPORTANT - Ensure that you install it directly into your 'Total War' folder. The default installation is set for your 'Medieval - Total War' folder. This is wrong - ensure that it is installed into your 'Total War' folder, the one 'Medieval - Total War' can actually be found in. "

If I recall, there was something fiddly to be done, possibly this advice wasn't entirely accurate. I recommend you unpack the files onto your desktop and manually copy-paste the folders into their appropriate locations. That should allow you to see where things belong. It took me a few tries (this was years ago) but I finally got the mod working, and it was well worth it. Good luck!

MTW:VI's Avatar Laetus

How to play this game version on Windows 10???