Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Modifying Music - Making the most of Wwise

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Modifying Music - Making the most of Wwise

Hi there. I cant find the global_music and data_music are when i click f7. I can find both the platform and language, but those two are missing
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Would really appreciate some help, you guys! I think I've done everything, added all the sounds, done the paths, and Im at the part where I'm supposed to generate the whole thing, but the global_music and data_music boxes are nowhere to be found
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Did anyone upgrade to the latest Wwise? Wwise v2014.1.3 build 5219 64-bit

I get no audio in-game when generating from this version.

Does it work with Rome 2?

The last version I was using was: Wwise v2013.2.9 build 4872 64-bit

I have been able to successfully ad music using Wwise 2013.1.1. but I was wondering if anyone has found that when using looped music sections in say the Battle / Battle state, and within a Playlist container, the loops do not connect well when played back in the game.
    That is, they loop seamlessly in Wwise or in my DAW but when played back within the game there is a noticeable glitch between loops.
    Using the transition fades doesn't really help as they sound awkward. Since the files have to be streamed are the latency and/ or look ahead times in the Sequence Editor supposed to compensate for this?

Thanks

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

stream is OK
    path is ok
    music is OK

I generate and see no WEM created . why ?

it says also : Time ID Message Platform Parameters
    02:40:55 - Evaluation mode: SoundBanks contain 1 media item(s) out of the 200 permitted. Windows®
    Last edited by aztec; March 12, 2015 at 06:11 PM.

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

any ideas ?

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

I found the way . I manully changed the WEM in cache file to the name in bnk files !

Mackles's Avatar Roma Invicta

Alrighty, as of Patch 17 the music file system was changed, meaning any music mods made using the original version of wwise will not work. CA have released a new version which you can find here:

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Wwise_-_Audio_Modding

Download the new version, install it and open up "Wwise v2014.1.3 build 5219 64-bit" (or I suppose 32-bit if that's what you're running). Once I finished installing the icon popped up on my desktop. Then simply import your project, wwise will warn you it was made on a previous version then automatically update it for you. Finally, follow the last steps of the original tutorial to generate the "GeneratedSoundBanks" folder and recreate your mod pack.
    MacklesMod - A series of mini-mods that apply tweaks, changes or fixes to Rome II & Attila
    Sigs out of date, mods ain't!

Patronized by Inarus. Constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackles View Post
    Alrighty, as of Patch 17 the music file system was changed, meaning any music mods made using the original version of wwise will not work. CA have released a new version which you can find here:

Download the new version, install it and open up "Wwise v2014.1.3 build 5219 64-bit" (or I suppose 32-bit if that's what you're running). Once I finished installing the icon popped up on my desktop. Then simply import your project, wwise will warn you it was made on a previous version then automatically update it for you. Finally, follow the last steps of the original tutorial to generate the "GeneratedSoundBanks" folder and recreate your mod pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackles View Post

Thanks for the heads up mackles, just re-built one my mods, packed it up, got it all shiny and was flabbergasted to hear no music ingame lol.

Updating now

After testing. Even using v 2014.1.3 (which is not latest version i might add) Doesnt change a damn thing. Music mod does not work (same process as previous creations, but with new verison, does nothing)

Mackles's Avatar Roma Invicta

Hmmm are you opening Wwise and then selecting a project to open, or opening up the project directly? Just a wild shot in the dark here.
    MacklesMod - A series of mini-mods that apply tweaks, changes or fixes to Rome II & Attila
    Sigs out of date, mods ain't!

Patronized by Inarus. Constantly.

LOL.

Forgot my Music Playlist Editor >_> No wonder i heard no tracks

Can some gentle person please upload their working Wwise project? I can't figure out how the damn triggers with states work. I reached a point where I had exactly every possible combination use the exact same path, but still nothing in game.

Triggers are fairly simple and self explanatory once you get the hang of it.

There are 3 main main areas that must be set up properly, and it world like a pyramid scheme.

Firstly is MUSIC, under the main project file. This is the lynchpin of your triggers, inproper setup will result in no music anywhere.

This hub is essentially telling the game, where music is to play (it doesnt care what the music is though).
    for example, when in any battle state, use the battle triggers/hub.

Second is your hubs, only should be 4 of them, Battle, campaign, loading screen, front end. Each of these are what the MUSIC hub points at. They each contain the information to play each part of their hub.

For example in the BATTLE hub, you have ALL music that plays while in the RTS level of the game. That is tension (prior to battle/setting up), battle music, and also postbattle (which is basically what music plays when what victory/loss happens etc)

So the triggers in this section need to point to the activity they do. So tension is tension etc. Default should be fine unless you have renamed something.

The final hub, in this case 'battle' which is a sub of the main hub 'battle' in the most important, as youll see in the pic below.

My triggers for this are fairly simple, when the game is in battle mode, if the culture is greek then use the greek playlist etc.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Icon5 Re: Modifying Music - Making the most of Wwise

That's odd, I did almost the same thing as you. I have the main music container hooked up to each four hubs, which in their turn are hooked up to their respective triggers:

Music container
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Battle hub

Battle trigger

are you sure you have created the playlists for each of the battle cultures? I made that mistake on my last update.

TrippinDaJive's Avatar Libertus

Hello everyone, I'm new to the modding community and to this forum as well. However, I've been following very closely to this thread because I'm currently working on a music mod myself while using Wwise. This forum is several years old and I doubt anyone is active on here, but if anyone is out there, I'd like to ask a question regarding Wwise?

How do I prevent the "tension" music from constantly changing from the "battle" music in relation to the camera's position?

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

I wanted to make your own mod, but it is so complicated...
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Quote Originally Posted by TrippinDaJive View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the modding community and to this forum as well. However, I've been following very closely to this thread because I'm currently working on a music mod myself while using Wwise. This forum is several years old and I doubt anyone is active on here, but if anyone is out there, I'd like to ask a question regarding Wwise?

How do I prevent the "tension" music from constantly changing from the "battle" music in relation to the camera's position?

Its all about logic.

If you have a 100ms Stream, what that means is, it will keep playing the track until it finishes OR until the state is changed. Once the state changes (aka you move away from the fight), the state changes to tension. Because your files are being streamed at 100ms, it waits 0.1 seconds before it changes the current track to the new state and start on that playlist.

Try changing all battle tracks to stream of 3000 (30 seconds), which is what i use. Leave the tension ones where they are. What this means is that the music will NOT change to tension music until your screen has been away from a battle or the battle has finished for 30 seconds.

Once you get the hang of streaming you can do other things. Like i have Main menu music that overrides loading music when starting a new game/loading a game. I have Win/lose music that overrides loading music when exiting a battle. Plus i have prebattle music that continues through both loading screen and into the battle

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast