Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Release] Sebidee's Iceni Roster Expansion

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default [Release] Sebidee's Iceni Roster Expansion

Hello everyone, I've got a brand new mod: Sebidee's Iceni Roster Expansion

Steam Link > http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=277249281

Non Steam Link > http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...team-Downloads

This large mod includes 15 new units and one reskin. These units include low, mid and upper tier units along with a couple of elites, all from British and Irish history. This mod also adds HEAD HURLERS!! and a new painted skin texture.

This mod includes axe animations by agonyduck, also credit goes to GrudgeTheDutchman for the framework for the thrown heads, I have modified them but they would not be in this mod without his help!.

This mod is an OPEN SOURCE if any other modder feels like they can use things in this mod and make them unique and their own, be they animations, textures or anything else then help yourself a quick credit is always appreciated

Any mod that I will do follows 4 main aims: Gameplay, variety, historical accuracy and immersion. All new units will allow the player to use unusual and interesting tactics and give them a huge number of varied units to choose from so that no playthrough is the same. All units are accurate and the result of hours of research, with incredible help from Marshall of France and members of the TWC community. I aim to make the mods as immersive as possible with the new units fitting seamlessly with the old.

This is the largest, most accurate Iceni roster on the workshop, new units include:

EXTRA UNIT INFO:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1) Afonydd Slingers - Upper tier slinger unit.

"Stones taken from rivers, smoothed by the touch of the godess Coventina, always fly true".

Recruitment: Artisan Bronze level 3
    Note: Afonydd is Welsh for river and this unit is based off the fact that celtic slingers would take smoothed rocks from rivers because they were smooth and because of superstitions related to river gods.

2) Cymraeg Longbowmen - Mid tier archers (limited to 10)

"The archers of the western tribe are famed for their prowess with the longbow, but few in number."

Recruitment: Minor city level 2, but only in the Welsh region
    Note: Cymraeg is Welsh for Welsh and the longbow has existed in that region for millenia.

3) Briton Champion Swordsmen - Elite tier swordsmen (limited to 6)

"These mighty warriors inspire those around them and lead them in battle."

Recruitment: Commons Chief level 4
    Note: This is a two handed swords unit, the celts would often use large swords like this, it wasn't necesarily practical but it was inspiring.

4) Druids - Upper tier special

"These wise druids inspire the men around them, but are well past their fighting days."

Recruitment: All temples level 3
    Note: Druids were inspirational and lead many rebellions against Roman rule. In this mod the Druids have passive scare and inspire abilities as well as several active abilities. However, they are very poor in melee, they are pensioners after all!

5) The Fianna - Elite tier spearmen

"This legendary band of Gaelic warriors fight only for the greatest of kings."

Recruitment: Commons Chief hall level 4 (limited to 1)
    Note: These are based on the band of Irish warriors of the same name who fought for the high king of Ireland. They are the most famous figures in Irish legend and are the basis for our national anthem and a political party. They did not fight for the Iceni but it is likely that if they had been as successful as the player will be then they would have offered their service.

6) Head Hunter Cavalry - Upper tier melee cavalry with throwing heads

"These fierce warriors swoop down on the foe to collect their grisly trophies."

Recruitment: Commons tavern level 4
    Note: This unit throws heads while charging. They lower morale and the head lowers the enemy's fighting stats.

7) Head Hurlers - Upper tier melee infantry with throwing heads

"Heads collects from fallen enemies can be a terrifying and gruesome weapon."

Recruitment: Commons tavern level 3
    Note: This unit throws heads while charging. They lower morale and the head lowers the enemy's fighting stats. Heads were sacred in Celtic culture as they (rightly) believed that it held the soul of a warrior. They would be kept as tropheys and occaisonally thrown as a scare tactic.

8) Heroic Spearmen - Upper tier spearmen

"These well armed and armoured men rise eagerly to the test of war."

Recruitment: Commons chief level 4

9) Briton Light Chariots - upper tier missile cavalry

"The chariot is an excellent platform for sending javelins screaming from the sky."

Recuitment: Artisan bronze level 3
    Note: This unit is unique to this mod, there is nothing like it in vanilla. I have modified the chariots stats to lower it's hitpoints and mass so it is practically useless in melee. However, I have given it a new javelin type which makes it VERY strong at range.

10) Rķastrad Swordsmen - Upper tier berserker unit

"When the rķastrad, or war-spasm, takes hold of these men nothing will calm them but the taste of blood."

Recruitment:Commons tavern level 4
    Note: This is another unit based off Irish legend. Most specifically the story of Cś Chulain in the Tįin Bó Cualige in which he would enter a state known as the Rķastrad and become an unstoppable killing machine. Basically a berseker. Naked Celtic warriors would have been just as fanatical in battle.

11) Siluri Spearmen - Mid tier spear unit (limited to 6)

"It is thought that these mysterious and brave warriors are decendants of a far off land."

Recruitment: Minor settlemt level 2, but only in the Welsh region
    Note: This is a very interesting unit. The Siluri were a tribe that lived in southern Wales who fought first against and then for the Romans. They were famous warriors but were more famous for how they looked. They had dark skin and dark curly hair which led the Romans to believe that they were decended from Iberians. Current theroies on "black Irish" supports this theory.

12) Unblooded youth - Low tier spear unit

"A boy cannot become a warrior until he has spilt the blood of an enemy."

Recruitment: Artisan level 1 and up the bronze and Iron chains
    Note: Young men would have had to prove themselves in battle before they would be considered true warriors. For this reason this unit has very low stats BUT has very high morale. This kind of presents the player with an ethical question, if you send them into battle they will hold, but they will die. Will you use them as willing cannon fodder?

13) Woad Raiders - Upper tier ambush unit

"Stained blue with woad, these terrifying raiders fall swiftly on unsuspecting foes."

Recruitment: Commons tavern level 3
    Note: The Celts fought mainly in raids and guerilla warfare, this unit also has the new skin texture.

14) Briton Axemen - Low tier melee infantry

"These able warriors use their heavy axes to split armour and shatter skulls."

Recruitment: Artisans Iron level 4

15) Horse Skirmishers - Low tier missile cavalry

"These light skirmishers on agile mounts can harrass the enemy from well out of harms way."

Recruitment - Agricultural Horse level 2.

Cavalry:

1) Head Hunter Cavalry
    2) Horse Skirmishers

Missile:

3) Cymraeg Longbowmen
    4) Afonydd Slingers
    5) Briton Light Chariots

Melee Infantry:

6) Head Hurlers
    7) Briton Champion Swordsmen
    8) Rķastrad Swordsmen
    9) Briton Axemen
    10) Woad Raiders

Spear Infantry:

11) Unblooded Youths
    12) Heroic Spearmen
    13) Siluri Spearmen
    14) The Fianna

Special:

15) Druids

Reskins:

16) Painted Ones

Please go to the extra unit info section below for more information on unit's roles and how they are recruited.

This mod is a living file and will be changed and updated as necessary. Suggestions are welcome.

Stay tuned for the next mod: Sebidee's Balkan Roster Expansion

- Sebidee.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, HISTORICAL REFERENCES AND TO FIND NON STEAM LINKS FOR MY MODS PLEASE VISIT:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...oster-Overhaul

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE A UNIT PACK FOR YOURSELF CLICK HERE!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=272182428

And now I will leave you with some pictures of my favourites from the mod. There are plenty more!

Last edited by Sebidee; July 15, 2014 at 09:40 AM.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Default Re: Sebidee's Iceni Roster Expansion

Amazing .... Congratulations for your excellent work

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

One bit of advice, perhaps make the head hurlers with fire at will, so instead of throwing randomly appearing heads they hold it in their hands.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heišinn Vešr: Total War

Hurray, it is finally out!

14182's Avatar Miles

Great, looking forward to the non-steam version

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    One bit of advice, perhaps make the head hurlers with fire at will, so instead of throwing randomly appearing heads they hold it in their hands.
    I can't really do that, the animation doesn't really work.
    Quote Originally Posted by 14182 View Post
    Great, looking forward to the non-steam version
    Same prcedure as always, wait a few days then post
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Dude please non steam link please

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid56 View Post
    Dude please non steam link please
    Give it a couple of days. A few bugs or problems usually show up once more people start testing it. The problem with non steam links is that I can't fix these problems without making you download it again. In a couple of days I'll be confident that the mod is perfect and then I'll put up a non steam link.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Cheers for the mention! Rep for amazing mod!

Awesome! ill wait for it man looks like an awesome mod keep it going man.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Very soon in the upc (already translated in italian now by me; I'm waiting for french and russian localisation; english version for other languages)

Wow Sebidee, these look really amazing !!
    Great Job...!

How many rosters did you create up till now ?
    Can you provide links to them ? Also to the Balkan one.....Cheers (+rep.)

Edit: Sorry, I noticed they're in your signature....
    Last edited by Celtoi; July 02, 2014 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Edit txt

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

This one is my fourth though I have another 8 or so planned. I haven't actually created the Balkan one yet either
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Edited the OP to include a non steam link.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

not sure if I've already said it...now this mod is included in the UPC project

14182's Avatar Miles

Game crashes at startup when both Suebi & Iceni expansions are enabled

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Thanks Dramabelli!

14182, they both work fine for me. Have you got any other mods?
    Hey! Check out my mods!

A great work. Thanks !

Love the Druids with the Diam! .. though it would be nice to see some with tonsures, leather / chain armour and 'hide' shields.

Imho - they need to loose the sickle swords
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Did druids have tonsures? I didn't know that. I think if I gave them armour and shield then they would become too much like the druid nobles, they aren't designed to be combat troops but support troops instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast