View Poll Results: Uniform Colors or Mixed?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mixed Colours

50 30.49%
  • Mixed Colours for Most

64 39.02%
  • Uniform Colours for Most

39 23.78%
  • Uniform Colours

11 6.71%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: General Overview (OLD THREAD)

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: 1212 AD (New Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid56 View Post
    Release that mod already !!!! ITS LOOKS SO COOL!!!
    I´m affraid you will have to wait a bit longer for the release. There is really a lot to do, if you imagine that we have to change the units, for all cultures, make mercenaries, AOR lists, maybe (hopefully) change the buildings on the battlemap, maybe also on the campaign map, to some extent, though that would not be on my priority list, make or import new animations for crossbows, trebuchets and whatnot (big thanks to warman and GrudgeNL for that !!! ) , new coding to incorporate the new units and add them to buildings to be recruitable, create scripts for units to appear later in time and not just after , say, barracks level 2 or 3 has been built. Also we need new unit cards and UI, etc.
    There has to be some testing as well before it can be released to the public, because the last thing I´d want to see is a great mod, that is littered with bugs and we have to "patch" it for half a year... We know how that felt before....

These are the major things, so there is a lot to do, but I believe it will be worth it. Just don´t expect such a major overhaul in a couple of months.

@Mortarion: As it stands, Slavonia and Bosnia will belong to Hungary and Vlach will be part of the Second Bulgarian Tsardom. Regarding the rest I am not quite sure
    Last edited by Ltd.; June 29, 2014 at 07:26 AM.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I was wrong about the Turkish Empire suggestion. I recommend you change it back to the Sultanate of Rum.

There is a region just south of Nicomedia on the map. Dont remember the name but maybe that could be given to an "Osman" faction that could potentially become the Ottoman Empire. Make it a client state to start out as or something.
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; June 29, 2014 at 08:13 AM.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    I was wrong about the Turkish Empire suggestion. I recommend you change it back to the Sultanate of Rum.

There is a region just south of Nicomedia on the map. Dont remember the name but maybe that could be given to an "Osman" faction that could potentially become the Ottoman Empire. Make it a client state to start out as or something.
    Pessinus.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Really nice units warman! +reps

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

That is it thanks Cavalier.

just some correction, i don't think fatimid caliphate is the right name for confederate of almohades, ayyubid and caliphate of baghdad. IIRC fatimid is shia while almohades, ayyubid and caliphate of baghdad are all sunni. i think the correct one will be abbasid because they're the legal sunni caliphate at that time.

Thanks for the clarifications guys, really appreciate it. It's awesome to see support for this mod. Also LTD spoiled the surprise I was trying to build up , me and Grudge are currently working on bringing trebuchets into Medieval Kingdoms. We've had some technical difficulties but as I type this we are making progress. If all goes well, expect screens soon.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

People were already on the brink of exploding from expectations, so I thought I would somewhat alleviate the tension

Crap....alright ill wait as much as I can *cries* and also what is Pessinus ?

Here's a little teaser that is VERY groundbreaking!

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    groundbreaking!

Groundbreaking as in the amount time we spent changing and exporting the model again and again ? Oh the horrors.
    Last edited by GrudgeNL; June 30, 2014 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks!

This mod will be a masterpiece, I hope many people will join your team. Keep it up, it's astonishing!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GrudgeNL View Post
    Groundbreaking as in the amount time we spent changing and exporting the model again and again ? Oh the horrors.
    It will be groundbreaking when the ground and walls will be shaking and breaking and crumbling by the mighty trebuchets
    Great work you two !!! Well done.
    I´d almost volunteer to test this beast for a tiny little flight above the walls of constantinople...

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

I shall watch this with great interest...

As though you'd give a rat's arse about that though!

Will you use the soundtrack of the first medieval total war ? I loved it !
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

I remember Idreaus saying maybe few weeks ago, that we will use the soundtrack from MTW and M2TW, which should be great since everyone loved that music

These are works in progress, but here is the first unveiling of the factions I have been working on: Frankish Christendom!

FRANKISH CHRISTENDOM
    The Feudal System: +15% Wealth from Agriculture
    Chivalry: +2 XP ranks for heavy cavalry recruits

The Kingdom of England
    Yeomen: +2 XP ranks for archer recruits
    Magna Carta: +6% Tax Rate
    Occupiers: +50% Resistance to Conquest

At the turn of the 13th century, the Kingdom of England ruled more lands in France than the Kingdom of France. In the space of a decade, most of those lands have been lost under the inept reign of the latest king of England's Angevin Dynasty, John I. John has turned out to be barely a shadow of the warrior-king that his older brother, Richard the Lionhearted, was. Thanks to a disastrous ongoing war with France that broke out at the start of his reign, Normandy, Brittany and Anjou were all taken by the French. Only Aquitaine, which became an English dominion from John's mother Eleanor, remains an English enclave.

But all is not lost yet. The King of France, Philip II Augustus, has become too ambitious for his own good. The Duke of Flanders, a vassal of his, was alienated by Philip's confiscation of cities in Flanders, and has rebelled against Philip's rule. The Duke of Flanders has put together a powerful alliance against France, with England and the Holy Roman Empire joining it. Friends such as these will surely aid England in reclaiming its lost territory from the powerful French forces. The Celtic kingdoms of Britannia are also prime targets for expansion, and should be dealt with before any of them can become too powerful to threaten the English heartland.

England boasts a very robust feudal army, with its powerful knighthood descending from the incomparable Norman knights who conquered the country over a century ago. They do not, however, have the wild abandon or ferocity of their French counterparts. However, infantrymen have begun to play a larger role in English armies, with a growing interest in producing powerful archers and stronger commoner levies. These commoners may yet prove to be a match for the powerful French knights. If this turns out to be the case, England will find itself with a powerful advantage against its rival across the Channel.

Much has been lost for England since the height of its power, but with expert generalship and careful management of allies and enemies, its best days may yet lie ahead of it.

The Kingdom of France
    Élan: +50% charge bonus for all heavy cavalry
    Gothic Architects: -1 build time for all structures
    Powerful Nobility: -6% Tax Rate

The current king of France, Philip II Capet, is also known as Augustus, and is truly deserving of that title. He has been a remarkable ruler who has turned France into arguably the most powerful nation in Christendom. By promoting the foundation of guilds of all kinds, the prosperity of France's budding merchant class has increased from year to year, and their taxes have enriched the royal treasury. A happy effect of this patronage is that many French architect and mason guilds have produced the finest examples of Gothic cathedrals in Christendom, and have transferred the architectural lessons learned to other building projects.

Philip II is an astute general, having united the cantankerous French lords behind his rule, and led them to glory against the Saracens in Palestine, and against the English closer to home. He has taken the measure of the current king of England, John I, and found him wanting. The English once owned more land in France than the French, but through brilliant campaigns Philip has routed the English at almost every turn, and recaptured much territory that had been taken by stronger English kings.

French knights have taken the concept of chivalry and gallantry farther than any other nation in Christendom, and their knights are commonly accepted to be the finest on earth. This focus on nobility has made the nobles more powerful overall, and they keep a substantial amount of tax wealth for themselves, to maintain their fighting potential at its peak. This focus on knighthood has also made the French army more imbalanced than their neighbors, with infantry roles suffering as a result. The power of the French knights, however, should be more than enough to see them through most encounters on the field of battle.

King Philip II is the most powerful monarch in Christendom at present, and his reign has been nothing if not successful. But he may yet be a victim of that success. A powerful alliance has been forged against him consisting of England, the Holy Roman Empire, and the rebellious county of Flanders. With three powerful forces arrayed against him, Philip will need to use every ounce of strength from himself and his subjects to see off these foes and establish the power of France once and for all.

The Kingdom of Sicily
    Multiculturalism: -25% unrest from foreign religions
    Adept Agents: +15% Success chance for all agent actions
    Foodstuff Economy: -30% Wealth from Industry

The Kingdom of Sicily was formed when Norman adventurers invaded Sicily and Naples in the late 11th century, driving out the Saracen and Byzantine powers from those regions, and establishing a Catholic feudal state there. However, the French-speaking Normans found themselves ruling over a culturally diverse population of Arabs, Greeks and Italians, among others, along with having to deal with the variety of different religions that were present there. This led to the rulers of Sicily adopting a spirit of religious tolerance that was rare in Europe. However, Catholicism was granted the privileges of being the official religion. Even though minority ethnic and religious enclaves still exist and are safe from official persecution, Catholicism has made a remarkable spread in Sicily within the near-two centuries since it fell to the Normans. The need to maintain communication and understanding between the various groups while forwarding the policy goals of the kings, and keep public disturbances to a minimum, has helped Sicilian agents become more efficient than in more culturally unified areas.

Although the Norman ruling line survives, its dynasty does not. Instead, it subsists in a young German who sits on the throne: Frederick I Hohenstaufen of Sicily. He has demonstrated remarkable intelligence at a young age, and so his reign looks to be a promising one. Even though his family is German, the young king identifies far more with his Sicilian heritage. Also, Frederick is no friend to the current Holy Roman Emperor, Otto IV, who is a member of a rival house for the imperial throne. As such, he can potentially take advantage of the fractious situation in northern Italy to expand Sicilian power in that direction. He can also make use of the large Sicilian navy to begin expansion in almost any direction. The former hinterland of the Byzantine Empire, which was shattered following the Fourth Crusade, could provide interesting opportunities. The Latin Empire in Constantinople could be both a friend or foe to any efforts there. Alternatively, the Almohads are preoccupied with their jihad on the Iberian peninsula, and would pose little threat to an invasion of the Balearic Islands, or even an invasion of their mainland holdings.

Sicilian armies have quite varied possibilities, thanks to the various ethnic groups that are found throughout the kingdom. Arabs and Greeks can provide excellent archers, while the Italian city-dwellers can produce strong infantry formations. The Feudal System was relatively easily adapted to the landscapes of Naples and Sicily, and so powerful knights of Norman heritage can also be fielded. However, the arable land of Sicily and Naples has left it with relatively few mineral resources, which leaves their industrial efforts lacking overall.

The Latin Empire
    Latin East: +10% Research Rate
    Crusader Empire: -25% Resistance to Conquest
    Foreign Conquerors: +30% Unrest from foreign religions

The youngest and most interesting realm of Latin Christendom was born following the capture of Constantinople, the ancient capital of the Byzantine Empire, by Latin Crusaders. This was the strange culmination of the maze of treachery that was the Fourth Crusade. The original target of the crusade was Egypt, which would provide a fertile base of operations, and a large native Christian population, to aid in a short overland march to Jerusalem. The Venetian merchants who would be shipping the crusaders, however, had other plans. They, along with a claimant to the throne of the Byzantine Empire, forced the crusaders to divert to Constantinople. Faced with an increasingly desperate situation and spurred on by Byzantine treachery, the crusaders, with Venetian support on the water, became the first armed force to ever capture that legendary city.

The new crusader masters of Constantinople have made the most of their situation. They saw their actions as effectively putting an end to two centuries of formal schism between Rome and Constantinople with the swing of a blade- the method Alexander the Great used to solve the puzzle of the Gordian Knot. The Greek states occupying the remains of the Byzantine Empire might see the situation differently, but they will soon see the error of their ways when they have been forcibly brought back under the rule of Constantinople, now ruled by Catholics. With their capital city being a great repository of the knowledge of antiquity, the scholars accompanying the crusaders have learned much from the books of the ancients, as well as from their new Greek subjects. However, the manner in which the Latin empire was forged, as well as the intolerance that the Frankish crusaders have towards those who do not share their faith, have made the new masters of Constantinople not well loved among subjects who do not share their views. Conversion of their subjects, therefore, is of a primary concern in the short term.

Even though the new empire is less than a decade old, it has already seen its fair share of battle. It has continued its conquest of Byzantine territories across the Bosphorus, and with a crushing victory at the Ryndacus River the previous year, conquered all the lands around the Sea of Marmara. Although peace has recently been forged between the Latin Empire and the Bulgarian Tsardom to the north, it looks unlikely to hold. The Bulgarians should not be taken lightly, as they inflicted the first major defeat against the Latin Empire at the Second Battle of Adrianople.

Even so, the knights of the Latin Empire still retain their crusading zeal, as they find themselves in an excellent location to roll back the tides of heresy and heathenry that surround their young domain. By incorporating heavy cataphract armor to their knights, and with the addition of Greek archer auxiliaries, Italian infantry and Byzantine technology, the Latin Empire could produce an army that would sweep all before it. They just need the strength to survive until they could field such a force.
    Last edited by Lord Giovanni; June 30, 2014 at 10:29 PM.

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

Biarchus

How come England dosn't have any negative effect but only positive stuff?

pointwolf's Avatar Tiro

The mod looks very promising and will probbably be the only thing to bring me back to R2. (this and the star-wars mod - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Kashyyyk/page1). But as all things good ...well, somebody needs to address the elephant in the room - the family trees. Until CA release some proper support for that or you know some paid dlc/expansion/milk-scheme pack, this mod will have a big portion of it missing.