Page 287 of 291 FirstFirst ... 187237262277278279280281282283284285286287288289290291 LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,740 of 5816

Thread: 'Star Wars' discussions

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: 'Star Wars' discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Dude you are looking at news that is years old. Rangers of the New Republic and Rogue Squadron are now both pretty much cancelled (the official news is they are on hiatus). Rangers due to the whole Gina Carrano scandal and Rogue Squadron due to some conflict with Patty Jenkins.

This is depressing but not surprising. Can you share a link? Who is this about? I am hoping it's at least not the adult novel authors.
    Thank god. But the fact that they even thought this at all is disturbing. It was almost reality. We are once more saved from Armageddon... for now.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Not sure why it would have been armageddon. I don't care about Rangers but as to the Rogue Squadron movie at least Patty Jenkins was actually the first ever filmmaker from the Disney era that acknowledged the existence of the EU. She said that she was inspired by the Rogue Squadron books and gave a shout out to Michael A Stackpole. If she is gone then she will probably get replaced by some other no name director that does not give a crap about the source material. With Patty Jenkins at least there was some sort of respect shown to the material that came before.

Patrician

That is a good thing that Patty Jenkins is a fan of the Expanded Universe. But I don't think she controlled the story and from the description on that site this was not using Expanded Universe material.

I mean at this point anything bad is just extra. It isn't surprising anymore. But I'm glad that anything bad or mediocre isn't being made.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Talk about rewrites to Obi Wan to make it less dark is concerning. Same for the horrible Grand Inquisitor live action interpretation
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Talk about rewrites to Obi Wan to make it less dark is concerning. Same for the horrible Grand Inquisitor live action interpretation
    I saw the trailer it was pretty bad. Otherwise I am disinterested. Seems I was right about Darth Vader making an appearance, which is stupid.

Yeah retconning a second duel between the two before Episode 4 feels unecessary

Patrician

"When we last fought I was but the learner, now I am the master"

Wow Vader has been a learner way longer than I thought.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

For you Star Wars fans, I just stumbled upon a nice collection of wallpapers

https://imgur.com/gallery/JD81GIM

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

It's funny that Star Wars' first movie was retroactively titled "A New Hope" because I swear the entire IP exists entirely for the purpose of having gotten me hooked and invested ss a child just to continuously give me hope in the future of the franchise and then disappoint me before starting the cycle over again

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    It's funny that Star Wars' first movie was retroactively titled "A New Hope" because I swear the entire IP exists entirely for the purpose of having gotten me hooked and invested ss a child just to continuously give me hope in the future of the franchise and then disappoint me before starting the cycle over again
    Relevant I assure you.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

ing Yogurt had it all figured out

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Late to the party, as usual, but I'm curious to know something:

What was the big fuss regarding the race of the Grand Inquisitor in the Obi Wan-Kenobi trailer?
    Wasn't that guy just a pale human? (haven't watched the animated series)

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Nope, he's supposed to be from Utapau. You can see a Pau'an in Revenge of the Sith when the creepy dude whispers in Obi-Wan's ear "Tenth level, thousands of battle droids"

Basically they look nothing like they're supposed to.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

The Grand Inquisitor is supposed to be Pau'an. He appears in Star Wars rebels. The problem is that in the Obi-Wan trailer he looks completely different. In rebels and Ep III he is meant to have a very thin head. Whereas in Obi-Wan he's just a painted human. But personally i don't mind. It's all about costs. They would have had to create a CGI character or use prosthetics for him and that would be very hard to have in live action especially since the character will be battling people.

I don’t understand how prosthetics and/or CGI haven’t advanced enough in 17 years for the character to look even 1/10th as good in live action and still he mobile

I'm sure they have advanced plenty. But they cost money and Disney appears to not have wanted to dish out the required sum.

Patrician

If Kenobi has to fight the Inquisitors then I don't see how they are even a threat. Kenobi would smoke like 12 Inquisitors all at once. The Inquisitors are pathetic and Kenobi ought to be the best swordsman in the Galaxy... Not like it matters since I just don't give a about Star Wars Rebels.

What I don't get is how they managed to put Bruce Spence in a Pau'an costume in 2005. But in 2022 they couldn't do the same? Disney could just throw money at this. It doesn't even seem like Disney cares anymore. These shows could be way better, have a higher budget, etc. Disney claims that they put $100 million into The Mandalorian. Then I hear rumors that each episode of Kenobi cost $25 million... WTF???
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; March 24, 2022 at 07:59 AM.

The green screen tech they use works really well in some situations but can make some shots look ridiculously barren and cheap as well

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

It's not a green screen, but yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnxzVOs3rk

What I don't get is how they managed to put Bruce Spence in a Pau'an costume in 2005. But in 2022 they couldn't do the same? Disney could just throw money at this. It doesn't even seem like Disney cares anymore. These shows could be way better, have a higher budget, etc. Disney claims that they put $100 million into The Mandalorian. Then I hear rumors that each episode of Kenobi cost $25 million... WTF???
    I wonder if they just took the total cost of the show and divided it by the episodes and are counting marketing and such in that figure too. No way it costs 25m an episode and looks like that. They said the same about Wheel of Time too and that looked like ing ass.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    It's not a green screen, but yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnxzVOs3rk

I wonder if they just took the total cost of the show and divided it by the episodes and are counting marketing and such in that figure too. No way it costs 25m an episode and looks like that. They said the same about Wheel of Time too and that looked like ing ass.
    Maybe if it is being made in America the costs are that ridiculous for workers etc? But even then it doesn't add up. Are they including Ewan's cut? But how the hell is this $25 million per episode???