Thread: 'Star Wars' discussions

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: 'Star Wars' discussions

What I've been doing instead is popping on some of the Star Wars audio books. I started the Thrawn Trilogy but didn't finish it, so I'm doing that now. Listening to some of the books I already read like the SWTOR books (Deceived, Fatal Alliance, Annihilation) but also Revenge of the Sith, Plagueis and some others.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

I envy you that you can still enjoy books which are basically just fan fiction now.

Patrician

To me it is its own canon. It has its own consistency separate from the Dinseyverse, which is really all that matters. The stories don't need to be canon to be good.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

The difference between Star Wars and Marvel/DC/Comicverse, or even anime, is that multiverses are quite possible, and have been explored extensively.

Even Star Trek has it's Mirrorverse.

Star wars doesn't lend itself to that trope.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Patrician

To me the sequels are fan fiction. I don't even think TCW is canon and I barely consider the prequels to be canon. Read whatever you want so long as you understand the continuity. The key to continuity is consistency. But if it is good it is good.

I found the clone wars entertaining.

Btw its coming back soon for season 7.

Patrician

I'll watch it when it comes out.
    Dark Horse comics did Clone Wars better. The TCW show left more questions than answers (Ghosts of Mortis). TCW constantly copied existing material and dumbed it down, making it even worse (Aura Sing, Asaj Ventress, Maul in Old Wounds, Quinlan Vos etc). There is very few which TCW did better. I think the reason TCW was better than Rebels was because they copied so much from the Expanded Universe. Rebels did its own original story and it sucked.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Rebels did its own original story and it sucked.
    Add to that the horrible character animations we've seen which look extremely cheap and bland in comparison to TCW. They're cheaper to produce than what we've previously seen in TCW but it's extremely hard to take anything of what they say seriously. Both shows were intended for younger audiences yet the difference in quality is clearly shown.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    Add to that the horrible character animations we've seen which look extremely cheap and bland in comparison to TCW. They're cheaper to produce than what we've previously seen in TCW but it's extremely hard to take anything of what they say seriously. Both shows were intended for younger audiences yet the difference in quality is clearly shown.
    That was an extreme put off. Ironically the best parts in Rebels were the fan service.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; March 16, 2019 at 05:51 PM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Rebels seemed to have a more kid-friendly mood about it.

I’m actually re-watching TCW as the new Season 7 comes out later this year. So far I’m halfway through season 3.

Edit: ewhttps://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...premiere-date/

Debuting in October
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I liked when vader was in. Didn't disliked Kanan. One or another episode, that i thought was nice. But overall yeah...

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

The lightsabers in Rebels alone were a turn off for me. I tried to watch the first season but couldn’t do it
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

First season was the worst, only it's last few episodes were of any note. The rest of Rebels was decent enough, not saying it was a great show like TCW but I enjoyed it.

Patrician

I don't remember Star Wars Rebels very well. Darth Vader, Tarkin and Thrawn were cool. The hype of seasons 2 and 3 were cool. Palpatine at the end was kinda cool.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Taika Watiti apparently voicing IG-88 in the new Mandalorian show.

That’s awesome.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Interesting, this could be very cool. Is it a cartoon show?

No, The Mandalorian is live action show. Ill give it a try since its Oberyn Martel as the mandalorian. And it is Jon Favreou directing it.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 23, 2019 at 09:20 AM.

Darth JarJar; but doesn't fit in with Kennedy's agenda nor Disney marketing.

Patrician

While the mighty Empire of Disney had previously acquired Marvel, Fox and Lucas Films as protectorates it appears that they are going into full annexation mode. There are expected to be 4000 layoffs from Fox alone. Marvel looks like they are in hot water, they will be chipped away and fully assimilated incrementally.

Anyone reading the new Darth Vader comics from Marvel/Disney. So apparently Anakin's father is...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Palpatine created Anakin using his Midichlorian magic??? Though I'm pretty sure George intended this to be the case all along. Judging by ROTS and early drafts of his scripts. At one point he might have considered him to be his biological father.