Thread: 'Star Wars' discussions

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: 'Star Wars' discussions

It is a Star Wars movie though. They will likely try for a big surprise, maybe Kylo Ren is the girl's brother? I mean Luke being Kylo Ren sounds dumb if they did that I think I would face palm.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

That wouldn't be too much of a surprise. Lots of people think they will be either siblings or cousins.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

From the poster and official trailer, there's one thing we all can proudly say: Thank goodness it doesn't look like it'll be like the prequels.

That's the hope anyway.

Patrician

Yeah it seems exciting and well enough that I won't be bored. Hopefully they will make zero references to the prequels (it most likely won't happen though).

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Guys, the guy with the mask is Kylo Ren, and he's played by Adam Driver, not Mark Hamill. Where have ya'll been the past year :p

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Eh, I don't pay attention. I was thinking since Luke isn't in the poster that maybe he was actually Kylo.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Seriously? Just because the main characters are not white males this is PC? Despite nothing we know of the plot emphasizing their race or sex?
    Upon rereading my comment I noticed the silliness was perhaps not getting through enough. So yeah I was just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Uh, what the hell is "slightly exotic" about this person?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Brown eyes?
    She looks sort of latina in the poster

Protector Domesticus

Why does everyone seem obsessed with wanting Luke to have turned to the dark side? did i miss something?

Good trailer, getting pumped for the new movie.
    Last edited by SLN445; October 20, 2015 at 01:07 AM.

Patrician

I don't want it but it may be where they are going with it. Probably not Dark Side more like a force neutral, maybe he has higher plans or something.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

My theory on Luke.

Luke is off somewhere, maybe missing maybe doing Jedi stuff and won't be in the movie until the end. Han and Chewie have been prominent in the trailers, Leia has only been in the poster. Luke hasn't appeared at all (not for sure).

Every fan of Star Wars had a fit when Han and Chewie appeared at the end of the trailer, imagine the feels when Luke shows up at the end of the movie..

Protector Domesticus

I wouldn't want that, would give Luke to much prominence in the next film when we are meant to be setting this up for new characters, better to get the old characters arcs finished in the first film so they can move on or position themselves in supporting roles.

As someone who knows almost nothing about Star Wars, I'm calling it: Luke will either be the villain, or the movie will make us think he is the villain, and then the twist will be that he isn't. Otherwise, why would they keep him out of the trailers and posters?
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Yeah it seems exciting and well enough that I won't be bored. Hopefully they will make zero references to the prequels (it most likely won't happen though).
    If you watch the trailer they've (kind of) implied Boyega's Character is a Clone.

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

I think Luke is the new Yoda/Obi Wan. He's in a remote place somewhere being all super-jedi-veteran-cool and living life in perfect harmony with the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    If you watch the trailer they've (kind of) implied Boyega's Character is a Clone.
    Really? I don't see it. In any case, clones do not exist at all in my Star Wars universe so I don't care.
    Last edited by Almogaver; October 20, 2015 at 05:48 AM.
    --------------Arengada--------------

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yeah got that impression as well. Maybe the empire figured out that whatever they were doing with their soldiers post movie 3 did not work.

Protector Domesticus

When did they imply he was a clone? All ive seen is a Stormtrooper that switches sides and some possible force sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Almogaver View Post
    I think Luke is the new Yoda/Obi Wan. He's in a remote place somewhere being all super-jedi-veteran-cool and living life in perfect harmony with the force.

Thats what i'm thinking, the wise old Jedi who becomes a Mentor for the jedi character/s.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

He says that he was raised to do one thing (fight) and that now he didn't know why he was fighting.

But if he is a clone, how could he be a Jedi? Clones aren't force-sensitive and the ones that are always go mad. So he's probably not a clone.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; October 20, 2015 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I'd like to establish a theory, don't open if you don't want to think about it

Kylo Ren, the one with the red lightsaber, is Luke
    Nah he is Erza.... His obsession with helmets and masks. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe to young to be Erza. Im not sure. But that would be interesting.
    Adam Driver kinda looks like Erza if he was older. Kinda. Also a tendency to have weird lightsabers...

Anyway it is an ok trailer, it didnt realy blew me away or anything, i would have tought Daisy Ridley Character would be the main character, and potencial Jedi here not John Boyega. But that doesnt seem to be the case so far. We will see how he performs in the role. Or maybe they both are. We will see.

Few things that i noted in the trailer. aparently jedi, the force and the sith seems to be on the realm of legend or , myths for this new generation. makes sense somewhat, since the jedi have been gone for so long aparently. I dont know i still think it is weird.

And yeah Kylo Ren is the bad guy behind the mask, it isnt luke, that has been confirmed for quite a while now.

Also are those lens flares i glimpse in the trailer? oh god JJ. Abrahms... just give it up.

From the poster and official trailer, there's one thing we all can proudly say: Thank goodness it doesn't look like it'll be like the prequels.

That's the hope anyway.
    Yep there is that.
    She looks sort of latina in the poster
    So Caucasian you mean? yep she looks like it.
    There are Hispanic people that are as white as Daisy or even more white. You have a weird of notion on this since, usualy Latinos/latinas or hispanic people are not defined by their exotic looks or "race" as you will, but by their ethnicity, wich is quite different.
    So i have no ideia how someone can jump to that conclusion from a poster, looks alone.

When did they imply he was a clone? All ive seen is a Stormtrooper that switches sides and some possible force sensitivity.
    Stormtroopers arent clones. If they were they would be a Better class of soldier.

I think that either Kylo Ren was trained but then turned on Luke or he's carrying out Luke's orders for some kind of master plan.
    From the trailer i got that he was trained from vader.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; October 20, 2015 at 08:12 AM.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Considering Ezra is an obnoxious squat I'd hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    He says that he was raised to do one thing (fight) and that now he didn't know why he was fighting.

But if he is a clone, how could he be a Jedi? Clones aren't force-sensitive and the ones that are always go mad. So he's probably not a clone.
    Another explanation might be that he's a normal human, raised on a world where children were encouraged/ indoctrinated from a young age to fight for the Empire/ First Order. That might be a reasonable claim for Finn, especially if he's Force-sensitive, like it's shown in the trailer, because it's a trait that only a naturally-born sentient being can acquire.