Thread: The Sean Bean appreciation thread

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Icon6 The Sean Bean appreciation thread

For England, James?

Welcome to the Sean Bean appreciation thread.
    This is the thread where you can share your favorite moments with the actor Sean Bean in any film or TV series.
    Bonus points for those who share clips where Sean Bean gets totally pwned and destroyed.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: The Sean Bean appreciation thread

For me Dead Man Walking:

Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Not sure if you're joking or not, but that's Sean Penn, not Sean Bean, although I'm not opposed to including Sean Penn in this appreciation thread.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I have confounded the name. In fact i don't know Sean Bean. So i obviously hadn 't a favorite moment with him. ^^
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Gives me chills every time!

Always liked sharpe, they did much with very few resources i suppose. Would love to see something like this made today.
    Incidentally, Brian cox also plays a cool character in this series...

Bonus points for those who share clips where Sean Bean gets totally pwned and destroyed.
    It would be more difficult to showcase where he isnt XD
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 16, 2022 at 06:38 PM.

Hah! Nice. Thanks for sharing. I was just thinking of Brian Cox lately as I recently rewatched the movie Troy where he plays Agamemnon. The whole Sharpe series is brilliant.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I saw Sean Bean at a grocery store yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
    He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

You are mistaken! That wasn't Sean Bean you saw, it was Ryan Gosling (so go get your eyeglasses prescription up to date, Akar):

You are mistaken! That wasn't Sean Bean you saw, it was Ryan Gosling (so go get your eyeglasses prescription up to date, Akar):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Solid in Sharpe, Lord of the Rings, Golden Eye. Forgettable in Ronin. When I was a kid I first saw him in Black Beauty actually.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Sean Bean is great. But old by now and likely won't be in another memorable role.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Truly a real man an consummate actor , only real actors and consummate men have the cahonnes to dress in drag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSTZ...ab_channel=BBC
    Last edited by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!; May 07, 2023 at 05:45 PM.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

LOL. I can't tell if that's Karl Urban or Rowan Atkinson as Boromir.

@Kyriakos: As for him not being in another memorable role, you're probably right about that, but he at least nailed it as Ned Stark in the first season of Game of Thrones. Mind you, that was already over a decade ago, but still!

@Lord Oda: I don't necessarily think he was forgettable in Ronin, especially if you consider his epic humiliation by Robert De Niro ambushing him into a cup of coffee. That's probably something that I'll never forget and it forever ties him to a classic scene with legendary actor De Niro.

@Morticia: come on now, surely you know Boromir in LOTR, so you at least knew his face (don't let the long hair fool you).

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    @Lord Oda: I don't necessarily think he was forgettable in Ronin, especially if you consider his epic humiliation by Robert De Niro ambushing him into a cup of coffee. That's probably something that I'll never forget and it forever ties him to a classic scene with legendary actor De Niro.
    I agree but Sean Bean deserved a bigger role. He was just there to play the clown and get outed by DeNiro as a fraud. He was in the movie maybe 20 minutes.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō