Page 281 of 281 FirstFirst ... 181231256271272273274275276277278279280281
Results 5,601 to 5,611 of 5611

Thread: 'Star Wars' discussions

Default Re: 'Star Wars' discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    What do you guys think of Bad Batch? The visuals are amazing, it looks like the last season of clone wars which is great.

But Disney is not even hiding the fact that they don't give a crap about new canon continuity. The beginning of the show completely modifies the Order 66 events from the Kanan comics by inserting the Bad Batch crew into that story lol So i guess the whole 'single' canon is pretty much out the window and we are basically back to the old version of tiered canon.
    yup Solid episode, but they retcon the current canon. One more thing to be put off about the whole franchise.

enoch's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I liked it but I believe fiction has no need of canon. Better infinite variety. Also more profitable long term in a world ever hungry for content. The books are great as are comics in general because this is the way.
    Remember Tac
    boogeyman, alt, imbling

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

People love having consistent canon/lore. But that isn't the problem. The old EU had canon tiers which meant that movies followed by tv shows had the highest level of canon followed by the other media. So it was established that anything that was a movie or tv shows would have the highest priority.

But in the new canon Disney stated that there would be one canon and that every media would have the same level of canon, so for example a comic and a tv show would be equal. Which turned out to be false. And to be honest it was a stupid promise to make in the first place since it's obvious that visual mediums will always take precedence. But this event just shows how disorganised/misguided Disney is in its approach to continuity. They should have just left the old tiers in place and admit that other media will always be of lesser canonicity.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Disney couldn't get Lilo & Stitch canon right, much less Star Wars. More than anything they just wanted to cash in by replacing old content with copies of the old content. Although George Lucas was doing this since TCW when he kept pulling out of the old Clone Wars material which he himself retconned.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

irontaino's Avatar What's up danger?
    Citizen

So it seems to be the second Star Wars series about an elite fighter becoming a dad.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.C.A.B.

enoch's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Bad Batch is great. Just clocked in Ep 3. Origin story of the stormtroopers continues. Oddball clones are fun enough. I think Disney’s unlimited funds and long horizons are a gift worth appreciating.
    Remember Tac
    boogeyman, alt, imbling

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Disney couldn't get Lilo & Stitch canon right, much less Star Wars. More than anything they just wanted to cash in by replacing old content with copies of the old content. Although George Lucas was doing this since TCW when he kept pulling out of the old Clone Wars material which he himself retconned.
    It's not really about whether Disney can get the canon right. It's more about what they're going to do once they had tied off Ep9. Star Wars was always a much bigger universe than people give it credit for, but never did a lot outside the Clone Wars and the Skywalker Saga ranging from the cartoons to the books to the movies. Until now. They might still play with Darth Vader's life in the comics because, facing it, they're selling on the comic fans, but people are also really buying into the new characters as well.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Emperor Commodus's Avatar I love democracy™
    Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

I am and for some time have been stuck in old republic style content. I probably won't leave there even if Disney somehow gets it right.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    It's not really about whether Disney can get the canon right. It's more about what they're going to do once they had tied off Ep9. Star Wars was always a much bigger universe than people give it credit for, but never did a lot outside the Clone Wars and the Skywalker Saga ranging from the cartoons to the books to the movies. Until now. They might still play with Darth Vader's life in the comics because, facing it, they're selling on the comic fans, but people are also really buying into the new characters as well.
    Okay? But none of the content that they make is good, so who cares. Even Mandalorian which I had high hopes for is average at best. They retconned material, some of which was decent to great, to replace it with new content that is actual garbage.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Even Mandalorian which I had high hopes for is average at best.
    Tell that to the people eating Mandalorian up and watch them disagree with you.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

And i was right, at any case this is just laying ground for change to come at corporate level.

Streaming hits like “WandaVision” and “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” failed to deliver the kind of Disney Plus subscriber numbers that Wall Street was looking for, as the Walt Disney Company reported a mixed quarterly report on Thursday. The entertainment conglomerate’s stock fell sharply, dropping more than 4% in after-hours trading. Disney’s $15.61 billion in revenue for the quarter fell short of expectations, and its 103.6 million streaming subscribers missed estimates. The company reported diluted earnings-per-share of 50 cents, a 92% improvement on the 60 cents per share that Disney reported in the year-ago period.
    Analysts projected the company would report earnings per share of 27 cents and $15.87 billion in revenue. They also expected the company to report 109 million streaming subscribers.
    https://variety.com/2021/film/news/d...us-1234972687/

Okay? But none of the content that they make is good, so who cares. Even Mandalorian which I had high hopes for is average at best. They retconned material, some of which was decent to great, to replace it with new content that is actual garbage.
    Its not even true marvel comics, and star wars comics, dont sell at all. The american market is dominated by manga big time, and western mainstream comics industry is not making any profits. This includes SW. Lots of Indie GogGo comics are making more money.

The Mandalorian was good enough, but not perfect. From a narrative standpoint, first season was better. The second season, was fan service, and cameo galore. The story felt like a video game at times.
    Still it was the best thing that Disney has come up with, regarding the franchise.

Bad batch is okish so far. But i sense same formula of mando season 2 at play here. Its going to get old fast. Also whats with Omega?