Page 289 of 291 FirstFirst ... 189239264279280281282283284285286287288289290291 LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 5816

Thread: 'Star Wars' discussions

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: 'Star Wars' discussions

I mean come on they made Obi wan hide Leia under his coat in a base full of military personal... it is beyond cartoonish, it is absurd. As absurd as the chasing Leia scenes.
    Actually that could worked fine if Obi was force distracting just a few people at a time on some route to an almost empty location. To end the trip in a massively full hanger kinda was silly. I mean they had incapacitated or killed how many Imperials. They should have been able to say toss out a ton of false they in section B345 or something reports over and over again with their comms and pass code devices. Getting the imperials to all end up in the wrong place. Outside of close proximity the Inquisitors do not appear to know Obi is there just guessing because they expect a rescue.

that is actually breaking cannon
    Don't care too much. This is not a religion. Even authors in sole control of their own universe do. But applied to a massive universe with how many writes Cannon is a kinda silly thing to over worry about.
    Last edited by conon394; June 09, 2022 at 01:07 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Also why does no one get cut in half with lightsabers anymore? The combat looks so weird, it's like Obi-Wan is hitting them with a glowing baseball bat or something. If you can cut Maul in half effortlessly with a lightsaber why are we barely seeing any wounds on the Stormtroopers that he's cutting down?

Ugh.
    To be fair, it's been like that since RotJ (look at the Sarlaac scene). They've always been selective about both lightsaber and blaster effects, like sometimes a blaster bolt causes an explosion, other times it doesn't, even if fired from the same weapon.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Actually that could worked fine if Obi was force distracting just a few people at a time on some route to an almost empty location. To end the trip in a massively full hanger kinda was silly. I mean they had incapacitated or killed how many Imperials. They should have been able to say toss out a ton of false they in section B345 or something reports over and over again with their comms and pass code devices. Getting the imperials to all end up in the wrong place. Outside of close proximity the Inquisitors do not appear to know Obi is there just guessing because they expect a rescue.
    Its ridiculous. At least he could have disguise himself as storm trooper and hid her in a crate or something....its just bad writing.

Don't care too much. This is not a religion.
    Its not a religion, it is a continuity if you break it, you help break verisimilitude, and in the end If they don't care about their own continuity, why should the audience? its lazy as well given the resources Lucasfilm has and the level of production. But this is what happens when there is a lack of creative vision, and the creative writing work is done by committee in this type of shows.
    I mean one of the writers claimed that obi wan didnt knew Anakin was darth vader, while its excruciating obvious that he did, for anyone who watched revenge of the sith. All i can resume is this guy didnt watched or doesnt remember revenge of the sith... why is someone like this even writing this to begin with?

But applied to a massive universe with how many writes Cannon is a kinda silly thing to over worry about.
    No it isnt. Specially when some of the cannon they are breaking is from the movies as well.
    One thing is having minor inconsistencies, another is major things that are being overlooked.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 09, 2022 at 04:36 PM.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

I mean one of the writers claimed that obi wan didnt knew Anakin was darth vader, while its excruciating obvious that he did, for anyone who watched revenge of the sith. All i can resume is this guy didnt watched or doesnt remember revenge of the sith... why is someone like this even writing this to begin with?
    I have to disagree there. He thought he left him for dead why world he know he was alive. I II and III established the Jedi were pretty bad at noticing the Sith. In the clone wars the Future emperor had a new apprentice ready kinda right away. By establishing Obi was both isolated from the world and from the force there is no reason he should have no who Vadar was. Not going to nock the show on that.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The jedi had no trouble noticing the sith, they knew about Maul and count Dookie and they knew there was a sith master around. They had trouble finding out precisely who it was because Palpatine used force space magic to mask his presence.

Besides VII confirms that Obi knew Vader was Anakin from the very start.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; June 09, 2022 at 08:42 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Besides VII confirms that Obi knew Vader was Anakin from the very start.
    How so?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

That was supposed to be VI not VII. It's clearly visible that he knows who Vader by how he acts when he first meets Vader in VI and how he tells Luke that Vader killed his father. If he simply wanted to motivate Luke he could have easily said the emperor killed your father or your father died for the rebellion or whatever, but he explicitly makes the connection, implying he knew.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

That was supposed to be VI not VII. It's clearly visible that he knows who Vader by how he acts when he first meets Vader in VI and how he tells Luke that Vader killed his father. If he simply wanted to motivate Luke he could have easily said the emperor killed your father or your father died for the rebellion or whatever, but he explicitly makes the connection, implying he knew.
    As I see nothing is violated. Ben though he left Anakin for dead. He is introduced so far down a rabbit hole of apathy in the back end of nowhere its not like was getting force vibes. So now he knows and he can construct his misdirection (err lie) for Luke in the future. I mean less breaking of 'canon' Than Lucius did in giving annoying boy Anakin and trowing the rest of Ben's recollection under the bus [Should have started with them meeting Haydon age character as a slave star pilot - than Yoda's too old rant would have made sense and the Padmay relationship been not like creepy]

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

He absolutely knows Anakin is Vader, he hears Yoda refer to him as such and I believe Obi-Wan even calls him Darth Vader in ROTS.

The only question would be whether he knew Vader was still alive (which I'm 99% sure is confirmed before this as well), not whether Vader was Anakin.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

He absolutely knows Anakin is Vader, he hears Yoda refer to him as such and I believe Obi-Wan even calls him Darth Vader in ROTS.
    He never calls him that in the III to my recollection.

The only question would be whether he knew Vader was still alive (which I'm 99% sure is confirmed before this as well), not whether Vader was Anakin.
    Again where?

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Here is the youtube clip

I slightly misremembered the circumstances but not in a meaningful way.

Yes good I looked it up myself.

But if we assume Ben is sure vader is dead and we start with the force detached dude we meet in episode on. I Think him not knowing about Vader is reasonable more resonate than Lucas killing the IV monologue about Vader with boy Anakin in in I

Also how come the Jedi have a feed of actions in government offices?

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

iirc that scene takes place in the Senate offices before/after Yoda fights Sidious and Obi-Wan goes to fight Vader. So that's Senate security footage of the Chancellor's office, rather than the Jedi having security footage of the Chancellor's office.

Nope. I got Disney+. Yoda and Obi are in the Temple and primary there to reprogram the Jedi computers to not call Jedi home. Obi stops at a console and seemingly can effortlessly call up but the events from the Temple security footage but also stuff from the Chancellor's office. Which I assume is just being lazy in film making but does open a big plot hole if the Jedi had that level of surveillance and still fail to understand Palapatine was a sith. I mean fat in other parts of the story I would like a nod that they had to crack into a different system.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Nope. I got Disney+. Yoda and Obi are in the Temple and primary there to reprogram the Jedi computers to not call Jedi home. Obi stops at a console and seemingly can effortlessly call up but the events from the Temple security footage but also stuff from the Chancellor's office.
    I always just saw this as Palpy coming to the temple to congratulate Vader, assuming all the Jedi have been successfully exterminated.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    I always just saw this as Palpy coming to the temple to congratulate Vader, assuming all the Jedi have been successfully exterminated.
    Hmm had not though of that - good point

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Well still feels forced if you excuse the pun at 6 episodes...

Liked this one better that Obi had a plan a carried it trough. Shot of him concentrating hard to make sure Vader jimped for the bait and did not notice the second ship would have been I think useful.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Why did Vader not use his lightsaber against Reva? Why is Disney so averse to showing us a proper lightsaber battle?

Why did Vader not finish off Reva?

The writing in this show is so amateurish. Which is sad because the visuals are great. Someone got paid tonnes of money to write total garbage.

Seemed pretty clear he was just making clear he did not have to. I thought it was a decent sequence.

On the second well really how many books, and movies turn on somebody being left for dead. Although I will say in Star Wars universe where it seems likely both light sabers and blasters are cauterized and would not leave nasty fragments and bleeding it would appear a poor choice vs a gun based world where sepsis or bleeding out will likely do for enemy you want leave to have a last bit of time swallowing their failure or just writhing in pain
    Last edited by conon394; June 16, 2022 at 02:37 PM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post

Why did Vader not use his lightsaber against Reva? Why is Disney so averse to showing us a proper lightsaber battle?

Why did Vader not finish off Reva?

The writing in this show is so amateurish. Which is sad because the visuals are great. Someone got paid tonnes of money to write total garbage.

He was toying with her the entire time like a cat playing with it's food

A.B.A.P.