Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Ireland is the most islamic country in the world

Ireland named as the best country for 'adhering to Koran'

Published: 10 June 2014 02:30 AM

Dublin is one of the highest centres for Islamic investment
    Danielle Stephens

IRELAND is the best country in the world for adhering to the Koran, according to an Economic 'Islamicity' Index.

Out of 208 countries, Ireland was judged to be the most capable of following its teachings, with Denmark and Luxembourg in second and third place.

The index, which was published in the Global Economy Journal, used four main criteria for ranking the various countries. Economic achievements, human and political rights, international relations and the structure of those in power were the main pillars for deciding who followed the fundamental lessons of Islam.

There are an estimated 49,000 Muslims living in Ireland and Dr Ali Selim, a senior member of the Islamic Cultural Centre of Ireland (ICCI), told the Irish Independent that the number has increased rapidly over the last few years.

He attributed an "easy existence" between the Irish and the Muslims to a history of social similarities.

"Ireland was once occupied and many Irish people suffered from racism attached to being associated with terrorism. Muslims have this confrontation wherever they go," said Dr Selim.

Referring to one of the criterion used in the 'Islamicity' Index, the ICCI spokesman talked about the economic opportunities that Ireland offered to many Muslim immigrants. Dr Selim added that "in the Koran, Muslims are commanded to accomplish prosperity and Dublin is one of the highest economic centres for Islamic investment".

The study was produced by Hossein Askari and Scheherazade S Rehman, two professors at George Washington University in the US.

Surprisingly, not one country where Islam is the majority religion made it into the top 25, with Israel and China being rated higher in the list.

Mr Askari explained that Muslim countries do very badly on these types of lists because those in power in Islamic countries often don't follow the rules of the Koran.

Meanwhile, a new diabetes information resource has been launched in the run-up to Ramadan.

The campaign allows those who suffer from type 2 diabetes, to manage their condition while fasting. It also encourages everyone to consult with a medical professional before and during the fast.

'The Facts About Fasting During Ramadan' is supported by Diabetes Ireland and the info graph available on their website includes a blood sugar tracker, a list of symptoms to be aware of, and healthy diet guidelines.

Starting on the June 28, Muslims will abstain from eating or drinking, from sunrise until sunset for one month.

Irish Independent
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/n...-30340934.html

And here is me thinking that Iceland should be #1, also if you're interested how islamic your country is, see here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Tiberios; June 23, 2014 at 04:52 PM.
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Default Re: Ireland is the most islamic country in the world

Ever heard of the irish limited companies?

One of the last bastions of tax competition.

He attributed an "easy existence" between the Irish and the Muslims to a history of social similarities.

Yeah i can get that.

That's kind of nice.

I suppose it failed to take into account "British" within Ireland who recently opposed the building of a mosque in Beflast and a certain pastor who deemed Islam as evil...
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    That's kind of nice.
    I suppose it failed to take into account "British" within Ireland who recently opposed the building of a mosque in Beflast and a certain pastor who deemed Islam as evil...
    If i'm not wrong thy say Ireland The country not the Island, so Belfast, is from the UK not Ireland .
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTower View Post
    If i'm not wrong thy say Ireland The country not the Island, so Belfast, is from the UK not Ireland .
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    ............... What ? am i right or what ?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

My co-worker visited Ireland three months ago, and the impression he brought to us is that Irish simply accepted the fact that their nation is doomed - whether it is doomed by Muslims or EU it seems Irish did not care anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    My co-worker visited Ireland three months ago, and the impression he brought to us is that Irish simply accepted the fact that their nation is doomed - whether it is doomed by Muslims or EU it seems Irish did not care anymore.
    A pessimist is never disappointed.
    But sure, we'll get along with our Muslims once we trick them into drinking and we will, as sure as anything, nobody can stay in a room with an Irishman for long without a drink.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    nobody can stay in a room with an Irishman for long without a drink.
    I remember my teacher telling us about when she visited Turkey, she and her husband met another couple who lived there, and were Muslim. They wouldn't have a drink with the teacher for ages but then when it got later on in the night, the Muslim wife decided to go home. After another few minutes the husband then decided to have a glass of whiskey.

So all we need do is single them out from other, judging, Muslim eyes and we got 'em!
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Pazu the Kitsune View Post
    Economic Islamicity? wtf? lol
    The term is a invention by Hossein Askari, the point of his study was not to show some western country as islamic but to demonstrate that islamic countries perform very poorely by asserting that inequality before the law, unequal opportunities, absence of freedom, poverty and corrupt, oppressive rulers were inherently unislamic. Something not everyone agrees with (Basil noticed it too), in fact all his study shows is that human development is far higher in any western country than the islamic states, kind of self-defeating when arguing for Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    I think Irish people have a pretty good relationship with Muslims. Personally I have a good few Muslim friends in uni and my mother works for a Syrian doctor. I think Ireland is a very religiously tolerant place and is generally welcoming to foreigners too.
    Are you also tolerant about FGM, forced marriage (including minors), domestic violence, coercive veiling, honor killings and sharia courts to legalize all this intolerant by radicals?
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    ''Economic achievements, human and political rights (..)were the main pillars for deciding who followed the fundamental lessons of Islam.''

The irony... as if Islam is responsible or even related in any way to that in Ireland. So Muslims are now taking credit of someone else's achievements? Ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
    Are you also tolerant about FGM, forced marriage (including minors), domestic violence, coercive veiling, honor killings and sharia courts to legalize all this intolerant by radicals?
    Radicals are not the same as mainstream muslims. That would be the same as saying that all white Americans are the same as the KKK. Just because there is Sharia law in the mountains in the of Afghanistan doesn't mean that we should be hateful towards regular muslims. Most of Islam's beliefs are based off charity and goodwill just like christianity.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Islamic is not quranic for the last 1300 years.
    The index, which was published in the Global Economy Journal, used four main criteria for ranking the various countries. Economic achievements, human and political rights, international relations and the structure of those in power were the main pillars for deciding who followed the fundamental lessons of Islam.
    Since when are these the "lessons of islam"?
    • My name will live in marble and that of my enemies in sand.
    • Kol kalb biji yumu.
    • Ba'al hammon demands sacrifice.
    • ​A man has many faces.
    • Diu werlt ist űzen schśne, wîz, grüen unde rôt, und innen swarzer varwe, vinster sam der tôt.

Durnaug's Avatar Campidoctor

Irish did not care anymore.
    This.

My co-worker visited Ireland three months ago, and the impression he brought to us is that Irish simply accepted the fact that their nation is doomed - whether it is doomed by Muslims or EU it seems Irish did not care any more.
    I doubt that you have co-workers
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Economic Islamicity does not mean Islamic all around. Isn't this thread and the article it uses overly misleading?
    The Armenian Issue

As long as there is a nominal prohibition on alcohol in Islam, it will never be mainstream in Ireland
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

This article is silly.

I believe the only non-WASP/C elected politician in Northern Ireland resigned because of widespread xenophobia?
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Maybe this will bring about a El Cid type character and the Irish reconquista will finally move out neutral. It took the Spanish 700 years without the alcohol dependency though, no telling how long it will take the Irish....
    Last night, the complaints of the fans kept me awake and I had a terrible vision. I saw, the end of our franchise, countless bugs and bad reviews! Total War, GONE. Why would CA release such an unfinished game? They put effort into their work. They have released successful Total War titles aplenty! Their products are shipped to all corners of the world...and yet now I fear, I cannot help it. Total War is the envy of lesser gamers but CA, tell terrible lies to their fanbase, Rome II was bugged and unfinished SO THEY LIE. But Sega, they are the masters of falsehood. DLC will come, I am sure of it, so I will buy no more Total War games, and I think the forums, will be empty tonight.

It is Ireland, It need more than few Muslim to change it neutral, just ask the Glorious British Empire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast